Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bernys_boys

should we start schlupp?

I would like to see Schlupp on the wing, or up front, but I also think he should be our first choice left-back.

Konchesky has had his time, he isn't consistent enough anymore.

Schlupp should play left-back for the rest of the season, until the summer where we should then buy a new left-back.

Start him, but don't f**king put him left back. The wing would be a perfect position for him. I think I would rather have him on the wing than Dyer.

You'd play without a LB then? because if Schlupp doesn't play there we only have that guy who passes to opposition defenders foreheads, inviting opposition attack after opposition attack, whilst being unable to get possession in the opposition half ourselves.

You'd play without a LB then? because if Schlupp doesn't play there we only have that guy who passes to opposition defenders foreheads, inviting opposition attack after opposition attack, whilst being unable to get possession in the opposition half ourselves.

I don't rate Konch either, but it's better than sticking a striker there.

I don't rate Konch either, but it's better than sticking a striker there.

Jeff isn't just a striker though. He's shown before he can play LB. It's not like putting Nugent there is it?

You can't just neglect the possibility of Schlupp playing in that position, you might prefer him not to but it isn't a totally ridiculous suggestion.

Jeff isn't just a striker though. He's shown before he can play LB. It's not like putting Nugent there is it?

You can't just neglect the possibility of Schlupp playing in that position, you might prefer him not to but it isn't a totally ridiculous suggestion.

Not that it's ridiculous, But in my opinion we are wasting him in that position. I'm not denying that he may have had good performances in that position previous. But personally in my experience the last few times he has played left back he has been pretty poor to be honest.

Yes, he has to be given a chance, ahead of Dyer. We have played some of our best football this season with Konchesky linking up with Dyer down the left. It's a poor man's combo of Baines and Piennar, but nevertheless effective in this division. However, both have had a dip in form and confidence and it isn't working right now. So down the left if it's a combo of 2 from those 3, I'd try Konchesky and Schlupp.

To effectively sacrifice Schlupp at left back is folly. His pace and direct approach is frightening for oppostition defenders and will create space for Wood and Nugent. He has also not always shown the best of defensive qualities, Leeds away being a good case in point. But right now we need to change it a bit.

Of course, I am neglecting to mention our most gifted player, Knockaert. In an ideal world if we had him and Schlupp on form and attacking defences with Nugent and Wood up front, and Marshall providing additional service, we'd terrorise most Championship teams. But there again, I am an eternal optimist!

I think Schlupp is a striker. So I'd play him as a striker.

With either Nuge or Wood.

Spot on - he has always played as a striker and that's where manure played him

Yes he can do a job at left back or left wing but he deserves his chance in his preferred position

That would be good 85 per cent through the season and we finally hit on a strike partnership that was there at the beginning despite spending squillions

That would be good 85 per cent through the season and we finally hit on a strike partnership that was there at the beginning despite spending squillions

Without being funny, he's always had this potential but has never been given a chance for some reason. Start him every game Nigel, if only we could clone two other Schlupp's to play at left back, left wing and up front!

Can't do that, not a Pearson signing apparently..... :(

Can't do that, not a Pearson signing apparently..... :(

Are you seriously still spouting this bollocks?

He dropped him for konch, who is not a pearson signing either.

King is not a pearson signing but many believe he is given 'special treatment'.

Nuge has been a passenger for 2 months, and is also not a pearson but he still plays.

On the other hand, vardy is a pearson signing but hasn't started a game for ages.

I understand all have their own opinions, and i do not have any problems with those who take an anti-pearson stance. But to attempt to beat him with a stick which doesn't exist only further proves how moronic the anti-pearson stance is.

Are you seriously still spouting this bollocks?

He dropped him for konch, who is not a pearson signing either.

King is not a pearson signing but many believe he is given 'special treatment'.

Nuge has been a passenger for 2 months, and is also not a pearson but he still plays.

On the other hand, vardy is a pearson signing but hasn't started a game for ages.

I understand all have their own opinions, and i do not have any problems with those who take an anti-pearson stance. But to attempt to beat him with a stick which doesn't exist only further proves how moronic the anti-pearson stance is.

Sorry.

Hard to take a 'complete sense of humour bypass' into account sometimes..... :o

In answer to the OP's question - YES.

Personally, I would start him up front with Nugent and drop Wood to the bench - he was abysmal at Derby. Schlupp looks like he wants it, so why not channel that energy in the most effective place. I have no idea what's up with Wood but he did not look up for it at all.

And never mind Konchesky, our problem is more on the other side. If De Laet's not fit, I would bring back Moore or start Craig Shakespeare ahead of St Ledger after his performance.

Archived