Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bernys_boys

should we start schlupp?

I know he only played 30 minutes or so against derby but he seemed to bring something different down the left and also nicked a goal for us.

IMO other teams have figured out our other wingers and that's why we are not creating as many chances and resorting to hoof ball.

Im not saying that schlupp will make everything okay and get us promoted but he could just maybe bring something different to the squad the opposition teams will not be ready for? yay or nay?

Yes please. All our wingers are playing poorly at the moment.

It also help convince him to stay if he starts playing more regularly. He must've been pretty annoyed not to be starting against Derby given how well he played against Cardiff. It's that kind of thing that will make him want to leave.

Yes please. All our wingers are playing poorly at the moment.

It also help convince him to stay if he starts playing more regularly. He must've been pretty annoyed not to be starting against Derby given how well he played against Cardiff. It's that kind of thing that will make him want to leave.

He looked flabbergasted at full time. It was a look of 'have I really not been getting in the team ahead of this shit?!!!'

Yes yes and yes! I would of even brought back Liam Moore off his loan spell to play at RB well De Laet is injuryed. We have good young players who have come through the ranks at leicester and are better then some of the loan(Kane) signings and other squad players!

We have two out of form strikers, an out of form left winger and an out of form left back. Should we find room for the one player who looked like they cared and actually put in a good performance in our last game taking into account the fact that he can play in any of the aforementioned positions?

Yes, yes I think we should.

Part of the reason we're struggling is the lack of movement and passing options since Wood's form has dropped off. Against Derby we passed the ball quite intricately at times but with no real purpose. Rarely did i see movement across the pitch - it was just a bit here and there around the vicinity of the ball.

With Derby marking tightly we simply made it easier for them by cramping our own space. In this respect Knockaert was badly missed cos he's forever on the move even if he disappoints so often when the ball actually arrives.

The other problem is we're not really operating as a unit anymore and our full-backs are no longer threatening going forward. DeLaet is much missed in this respect for all that his final ball is invariably indifferent.

With Drinkwater and Wellens providing no real goal threat in any case, St Leger being an out-and-out defender and our strikers not really being deployed in tandem our cutting edge was seriously blunted yesterday with very few players offering the real chance of a breakthrough.

My Cardiff supporting mate (who some less charitable folks believe is figment of my imagination) had him down as the best player on the park on Tuesday and couldn't believe he was a striker by trade.

Something has to change, going back to the old guard (Wellens, Gallagher, Lloyd) is not the answer. Schlupp showed more drive and purpose in that 45 minute cameo than the rest have done since the end of Jan.

I'd definitely give Schlupp a run on the wing. Marshall is picked week in week out (with the exception of yesterday), by Mr Pearson, but does he deserve his place? Schlupp looked sharp yesterday and deserved his goal;which was taken very well for the record.

The guy looked really good under sven(no not that)until he picked up the knee trouble

Played really well at left back earlier and in midweek.Pace,rides a tackle,clever player,combines well with lloyd,man u rate him by the sound of it,cracking goal

So probably on the bench next game.

Shame knocky was missing yesterday cos he would have been looking for the link up play assuming he wasnt stranded on the wing.Hope his personal stuff is sorted over the next two weeks and whoever is in charge can put he and schlupp down as the first two names on the sheet ,followed by morgan,de lait,james,king and ?

Archived