Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Millwall post match cry fest

It's such a shame that the red card changed things. Pearson had made team changes, bringing in four players, and to have those plans shattered inside three minutes was most frustrating. But he persevered with the ten and we actually had a decent spell around the 20 minute mark, but could not finish off the chances.

It's another defeat though, and a costly one with Morgan out. Was surprised he didn't bring Dyer on, whose pace could've been useful in getting us up the pitch.

And Mr Attwell did himself no favours, the red card might've been fair but his inability to properly clamp down on the spoiling tactics of Millwall was predictable and irritating.

I was pleased Pearson brought Drinkwater off last night. The guy has not put a shift in for some time now, along with one or two others.

It was also very telling when he did come off. He was gobsmacked that he had been subbed. This tends to tell me that Pearson has obviously been telling him hes been doing ok, instead of ripping him a new arsehole. And that my friends is why i think Pearson is not the man for Leicester City. We need to leave him in charge until the end of the season, who knows he might scrape us a playoff spot, tho i doubt it at this present moment in time. I think Pearson is overly protective of this team, Sir Alex would have ripped them ALL a new arsehole by now.

I ve seen the protective side of Pearson, but i have yet to see the nasty side of him...........it might just be what he lacks as a manager?

It's such a shame that the red card changed things. Pearson had made team changes, bringing in four players, and to have those plans shattered inside three minutes was most frustrating. But he persevered with the ten and we actually had a decent spell around the 20 minute mark, but could not finish off the chances.

Have to agree as I really do not know how you can analyse too much into a game where we played 80+ with ten men - and think they did very well to hold on for so long.

I think we need to stick with Knockaert as he really does spark most for us going forward and having 10 men took him out of the game somewhat as he is a 'luxury player' so to speak. It is really backs against the wall and I personally saw enough to be excited for Monday! Wouldn't be the leicester way to go up the easy way - and don't care how we go up!

Another thing, Every team in this league must have fucking awful, disgracful defences because based on the first half certainly, our defence is poor and yet it's the best defence in the leauge, against a better team, a ruthless strikerforce we'd have been a couple of goals down early doors due to our calmity of a defence, they found their feet eventually but if our defence is the best in the league it doesn't say much for the other teams in the league.

Deluded all of you.

Look at the money we've invested in the side compared to teams like Millwall, Charlton and Sheff Wed. I doubt Pearson could whip up a dream topping let alone a dressing room, Nugent and Knockaert were the only two that never threw the towel in last night.

Kasper put in another good performance but his constant histrionics are becoming embarrassing, his old man was a world class keeper and could get away with boll*king people from time to time but Kasper needs to realise he isn't and never will be his old man.

I haven't got the answers but there's no doubt that the burden of expectation is weighing heavily on the squad. It's alright investing millions of pounds on players but you have to make sure they are the right players who can handle the weight of expectancy.

Wood had a dream start for us but has he the character to turn things around when things stop dropping for him?

He built his reputation in a few short months at Millwall and perhaps he's one of those players who finds it easier to perform on the smaller stage where not as much is expected, only time will tell but last night he was anonymous.

I know you can't legislate for a 2nd minute sending off but Pearsons unwillingness to ring the changes until late on in the game just endorses what i along with many others have been worried about for a while, he never has a plan B.

Nigel we gave you the cash you asked for to build the strongest, most expensive squad in the division, you've shown no tactical nouse when things have gone against us, you are paid a very good salary but i'm affraid you are embarrassing us, your time is up.

DON'T SLAM THE DOOR ON THE WAY OUT!

Two things:

I thought the fans, albeit encouraged by the sending-off, were much better, louder and behind the team. Lots more encouragement. Fair play.

And Schmeichel's tip around the post in the first half was better than the Blackburn save that was raved about.

The thing that concerned me was that in 95 mins of football we didnt have a meaningful shot on their goal! Their keeper only made one save all night a header from Wood that hit him and then the post. It's all very well trying hard with ten men but to not have a shot at goal all night to make their keeper work is shocking. Nugent playing out wide is wasted and since we have brought Wood we do resort to hoofball. If we can buy someone next season please get Schittu the man was a rock and man mountain. Him and Morgan would be awesome.

Spot on, shittu did a sterling job, however if that one unused sub had been used in the shape of Dyer, it might have been a different game, their no 12 was shite, each time he managed to clear it more than 10 yards he stood and admired for 20 seconds.

We just needed someone to run at them and they would have folded.

Without wanting to be all doom and gloom ahead of tomorrow's trip to Barnsley, when you look at the teams that went up last season, namely Reading, Southampton and West Ham, then although all had their little wobbles throughout some of the last campaign (look at how poorly Reading started off for example!), they still came good when it mattered and clung onto that form to ensure promotion. Our one month long post Christmas purple patch aside, then when have we ever shown anywhere near signs of any of the above three's form from last season, this season?! In a word - never!

More importantly it is a poorer league this season and those that were relegated from the Prem. last season have all done unexpectedly piss poor so far, perhaps Bolton have done modestly at best! That plus the fact that it is a poorer league this time round anyway without the West Hams and Southamptons shows we are simply not good enough to go up. If we were then we'd have strolled this league. Cardiff are no great shakes either and I can't see them doing anything in the Prem. next season unless they spent big. The exact same argument could be levelled against last season in this league too, albeit with only West Ham going straight back up from whence they came! I'd be amazed if another season in the Championship didn't beckon and we actually went up! I think the old phrase is I'd eat my hat!

Archived