Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Millwall post match cry fest

That's a hard one to take. Got no doubt that it was a red, we'd have been screaming for it at the other end. Don't understand what Konch was doing during the incident mind.

Such a fantastic collective team effort, even with an extra man Millwall were still very negative. Credit to Pearson for trying to keep it positive.

Ultimately poor defending, or a lapse in concentration has cost us. Was there a handball in the build up?

Yeah by our own player, De Laet think it was.

That's a hard one to take. Got no doubt that it was a red, we'd have been screaming for it at the other end. Don't understand what Konch was doing during the incident mind.

Such a fantastic collective team effort, even with an extra man Millwall were still very negative. Credit to Pearson for trying to keep it positive.

Ultimately poor defending, or a lapse in concentration has cost us. Was there a handball in the build up?

I thought Keane handled to be fair, was thoroughly expecting a penalty to be given.

Really? So you think that performance showed a lack of passion and commitment?

No but it lacked any sort of quality!!

The performance tonight in terms of creativity and quality was just as bad as we have been for the last few weeks.

We could have played all night and not looked like scoring.

Don`t let the fact we were down to 10 men for so long cloud the fact that it was yet another inept performance against another piss poor side.

Spot on

Got back a bit ago.

Words fail me in all honesty, we tried so hard all game then get sucker punched at the end, we did pretty well with 10 men. Morgan deserved to be sent off in all honesty, but we were far the better side in the first half. The second half though I wasn't impressed at all, lumping it up and doing these stupid lofted chip balls will not get us anywhere, Millwall weren't particularly great tonight, but they dominated the air, Shittu was heading everything, and Wood wasn't getting a look in. They knew what they were doing, and they scrapped it out and frustrated us. I was impressed with Chaplow and Smith for them in midfield, Chaplow was everywhere putting his foot in, scrapping it out and was capable of going forward, while Smith is a decent defensive midfielder, capable of putting his foot in, and a good passer of a ball.

They were just scrappy, and we had no urgency because of it, I thought Knockaert was poor tonight, gave far too many balls away, Konchesky did well at centre back but also made some stupid errors, Wood got isolated in the second half and did nothing, Nugent tried but struggled again, while De Laet played well up until the goal, where is was his fault, got beat too easily.

Only players who impressed me tonight were Keane and James.

So unlucky, but also very frustrating.

We played pretty poorly tonight but under the circumstances that is difficult to evaluate.

What was there was some effort, rare in recent weeks.

we lose, its the refs fault.. lol

Not usually, but tonight........ :dunno:

No but it lacked any sort of quality!!

The performance tonight in terms of creativity and quality was just as bad as we have been for the last few weeks.

We could have played all night and not looked like scoring.

Don`t let the fact we were down to 10 men for so long cloud the fact that it was yet another inept performance against another piss poor side.

Sadly true....... :(

put a pound on for Mil to win at 5/1, im silly for not putting more on

oh well, will make money on Monday with Barnsley at rediculous odds of 3/1. When will the bookies learn

How many games in a row have we lost to filthy Millwall?

4, each game they have kept a clean sheet

put a pound on for Mil to win at 5/1, im silly for not putting more on

oh well, will make money on Monday with Barnsley at rediculous odds of 3/1. When will the bookies learn

4, each game they have kept a clean sheet

Drinkwater scored a consolation last season at their place.

Utterly lamentable performance. Yes, even acknowledging the handicap of the sending off. Whether the red card was justified or not Morgan was slow to react to the through ball and made a calamatously clumsy challenge. But that doesn't excuse much of what followed.

A battery re-charging break in Portugal? It seemed like a week in Siberia might do more to make our players and staff focus on what's necessary to win football matches whether you've got 11 men, 10 men or a pedantic refereee.

Cos first of all you have to score. Another zero in the "GF" column only emphasised the root cause of our recent demise - a chronic lack of goals together with the inability to stop conceding.

Of our 11 games in February and March, we beat Blackburn 3-0 and scored just six times in the other 10 while conceding goals in all but two of the games.

Tonight you could see some of the reasons why. We just carried so little threat. And how painful it was to see Knockaert given a free role in midfield? His energy and involvement acknowledged, the bloke was like a little boy lost.

He didn't see the options, limited though they were, he couldn't retain or control the ball, he ran into endless blind alleys, he didn't shoot and he was brushed aside like an irritation by the visiting defenders.

But at least he was seen to be bad and seen to be trying to make something happen...quite a plus on a day when everyone else seemed to just make up the numbers.

Poor Schluppy was like a tethered greyhound. It was as if he'd be consumed by fire if he ventured more than 10 yards into the Millwall half.

Mind you, the way Konchesky miscontrolled the ball and all but presented Millwall with a first half goal you could perhaps understand Schluppy being reluctant to leave him to look after himself. But it totally negated any potential threat from the left which meant we were almost totally neutered as an attacking force.

You wondered if a couple of dramatic Schmeichel saves might earn us a dogged point but somehow, with the way we've been playing and the fragile level of confidence among the team right now, you just knew we'd make an error or suffer a momentary lapse of concentration and you could say we did both with the result that Millwall had a free shot from the edge of the area and became one of the least ambitious-looking sides I've ever seen win a football match.

Once again Pearson and friends were asked an admittedly difficult tactical question and failed to come up with an effective answer either defensively to save a 0-0 or offensively to pinch an unlikely but perfectly possible win.

And all the excuses won't change the reality that we put ourselves under pressure and didn't have the imagination to recover.

Utterly lamentable performance. Yes, even acknowledging the handicap of the sending off. Whether the red card was justified or not Morgan was slow to react to the through ball and made a calamatously clumsy challenge. But that doesn't excuse much of what followed.

A battery re-charging break in Portugal? It seemed like a week in Siberia might do more to make our players and staff focus on what's necessary to win football matches whether you've got 11 men, 10 men or a pedantic refereee.

Cos first of all you have to score. Another zero in the "GF" column only emphasised the root cause of our recent demise - a chronic lack of goals together with the inability to stop conceding.

Of our 11 games in February and March, we beat Blackburn 3-0 and scored just six times in the other 10 while conceding goals in all but two of the games.

Tonight you could see some of the reasons why. We just carried so little threat. And how painful it was to see Knockaert given a free role in midfield? His energy and involvement acknowledged, the bloke was like a little boy lost.

He didn't see the options, limited though they were, he couldn't retain or control the ball, he ran into endless blind alleys, he didn't shoot and he was brushed aside like an irritation by the visiting defenders.

But at least he was seen to be bad and seen to be trying to make something happen...quite a plus on a day when everyone else seemed to just make up the numbers.

Poor Schluppy was like a tethered greyhound. It was as if he'd be consumed by fire if he ventured more than 10 yards into the Millwall half.

Mind you, the way Konchesky miscontrolled the ball and all but presented Millwall with a first half goal you could perhaps understand Schluppy being reluctant to leave him to look after himself. But it totally negated any potential threat from the left which meant we were almost totally neutered as an attacking force.

You wondered if a couple of dramatic Schmeichel saves might earn us a dogged point but somehow, with the way we've been playing and the fragile level of confidence among the team right now, you just knew we'd make an error or suffer a momentary lapse of concentration and you could say we did both with the result that Millwall had a free shot from the edge of the area and became one of the least ambitious-looking sides I've ever seen win a football match.

Once again Pearson and friends were asked an admittedly difficult tactical question and failed to come up with an effective answer either defensively to save a 0-0 or offensively to pinch an unlikely but perfectly possible win.

And all the excuses won't change the reality that we put ourselves under pressure and didn't have the imagination to recover.

Interesting write up but your opening of 'Utterly lamentable performance is very harsh. Regardless of quality, 10 players gave their absolute all tonight, superb work ethic so to say that is ridiculous! We were far far worse at Derby with 11 men! That performance was abject!

Granted the quality was sometimes lacking but you cant describe the game as that after the effort they gave

Interesting write up but your opening of 'Utterly lamentable performance is very harsh. Regardless of quality, 10 players gave their absolute all tonight, superb work ethic so to say that is ridiculous! We were far far worse at Derby with 11 men! That performance was abject!

Granted the quality was sometimes lacking but you cant describe the game as that after the effort they gave

fook me.. after week in Portugal, running around for 90 mins what troopers,.. I could do that sir.. can I have a go?

fook me.. after week in Portugal, running around for 90 mins what troopers,.. I could do that sir.. can I have a go?

All im saying is against Derby, we had majority of the team not giving enough or showing any desire.

At least we got that tonight and they looked like they cared about the shirt

Well...I'm proud of the players tonight and Pearson did a good job of organising a makeshift defence which included a leftback at centre back and a striker/winger at leftback. It kept Millwall out for 83 minutes and we even had some pretty decent chances ourselves.

Pearson's half time team talk must've been pretty good too. He and the players must take a lot of credit tonight. They did not deserve to be booed at the end.

I think we can still make the playoffs.

If this form does continue however, I think Pearson should make way in the summer. This is not because I don't think he is a good manager or because I don't think he has built a good squad but because he will have shown by this point that he can't turn the slump around.

Worked very hard tonight for no reward. That said, few players gain much credit for anything other than endeavour, which at this level isn't really good enough. To be honest it should actually be the minimum we expect, but recent performances haven't even been that good. RDL was heading for man of the match for me until the goal, maybe he switched off? In general he does the simple things well, and in stark contrast to Konch on the left, rarely seems to play himself into trouble. Konch seems unable to win headers and i almost feel sorry for him, he seems so lacking in confidence, and consistent in making poor decisions. The front pair look completely lost, and we seem so unlikely to score it's untrue. Faith lost now, season running away, and if we do scrape into playoffs I fear our form won't carry us far. Great shame, and a season of what might have been.

Archived