Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Season over

:thumbup:

Moving on, that theory is seriously flawed in my book.

lol it's not perfect I'll admit .... but in all seriousness the owners and chairmen of clubs have this decision in real life .... form seems to me to be the thing they almost always base the decision to change manager on. It's an imperfect science but It's difficult to argue there's a better theory available?

Maybe you should read my posts. People who are aggressive don't usually listen well so maybe you're not finding it easy. try to take a few deep breaths and maybe a cup of cocoa and then re-read the thread.

Have look at the league table now and the league table 10 games ago. Have a look at the form table. Have a look at the LCFC news and the bizzare loans, signings, press conferences, interviews, substitutions, team selections etc etc etc .....

You may surprise yourself if you try it with an open mind and may start to support LCFC not Nigel Pearson.

I have. But that first one was so contradictory, blabbering on about real fans when you condemned me assuming I was taking some moral high ground; I didn't have much hope for the others.

I'm not saying Nigel is perfect, but you lot aren't even willing to give him a chance.

Too many people, like yourselves, are way too busy focussing on the negatives, meaning when a positive comes along, you're all too quick to shove it under the carpet like it never happened.

And the one thing that pisses me right off is when I get criticised for not supporting City. Unbelievable. Just cos I show a bit of support for some personnel within the club does NOT mean I don't support the club? Again, lack of logic on your part.

I have. But that first one was so contradictory, blabbering on about real fans when you condemned me assuming I was taking some moral high ground; I didn't have much hope for the others.

I'm not saying Nigel is perfect, but you lot aren't even willing to give him a chance.

Too many people, like yourselves, are way too busy focussing on the negatives, meaning when a positive comes along, you're all too quick to shove it under the carpet like it never happened.

And the one thing that pisses me right off is when I get criticised for not supporting City. Unbelievable. Just cos I show a bit of support for some personnel within the club does NOT mean I don't support the club? Again, lack of logic on your part.

I'm not sure who "you lot" are .... So i can only answer for myself.

For me, he was never the right appointment and is now proving that beyond any doubt.

We disagree. I can almost see your point through the emotional ranting .... but the personal insults for anyone that doesn't just agree with you destroys your point.

Personally I'm not sure I even want him sacked now .... i did .... but now the season is over in my eyes and it would be counter productive to taint the new manager with this run in that we are going to have to endure.

So we bizzarrely nearly agree - keep NP - but for different reasons - I think it's so bad it's damaging for the next bloke and you because you can somehow remain optimistic despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Can someone please tell me where the managerial merry-go-round has got us in the last nine years? Why don't we try actually sticking with the manager for once? Yes we are on a poor run of form but we are still yet to be beaten by more than a single goal. I would br quite content to sit in the championship for another season if it meant we had some stability. Do you really think the constant threat of losing your job is a healthy way for manager to guide a team to promotion? Look at Fergie. Didn't win fvck all in his first few seasons with Man-u.

Stop with the promotion-at-all-costs attitude and the bloody revolving door of managers. Its embarassing.

Can someone please tell me where the managerial merry-go-round has got us in the last nine years? Why don't we try actually sticking with the manager for once? Yes we are on a poor run of form but we are still yet to be beaten by more than a single goal. I would br quite content to sit in the championship for another season if it meant we had some stability. Do you really think the constant threat of losing your job is a healthy way for manager to guide a team to promotion? Look at Fergie. Didn't win fvck all in his first few seasons with Man-u.

Stop with the promotion-at-all-costs attitude and the bloody revolving door of managers. Its embarassing.

Oh dear, you don't have a clue. You're finding it increasingly difficult to defend Pearson, so you bring out 'Look at Man U under Fergie'! Haha pathetic. Anyway, one word, Chelsea. That blows your stability argument.

We've got fewer PPG in Pearson's last 39 games than Sven's.

I'd be sad to see Pearson go but it really seems that the only argument in favour of him staying is that nobody better is available.

Despite the wonderful football we saw earlier this season, we've made no progress since Pearson was appointed.

Oh dear, you don't have a clue. You're finding it increasingly difficult to defend Pearson, so you bring out 'Look at Man U under Fergie'! Haha pathetic. Anyway, one word, Chelsea. That blows your stability argument.

Bringing Chelsea into it is as ridiculous as bringing United. Both totally different stature clubs to ours, different situations.

You seriously think chelsea is a good model to follow, wow.

So you don't think stability is more likely to lead to success?

Probably, yes. But as you pointed out, each club is different.

The key thing is, if you're going to give a manager a long time and accept failings(2nd to 6th in weeks and may not make play offs) to build for future success, you need to have the right man in place. I don't think Pearson is that man. His man management and tactics leave a lot to be desired.

So do we give him 5 years and if we're still here just turn around and say "at least we had stability"?

Probably, yes. But as you pointed out, each club is different.

The key thing is, if you're going to give a manager a long time and accept failings(2nd to 6th in weeks and may not make play offs) to build for future success, you need to have the right man in place. I don't think Pearson is that man. His man management and tactics leave a lot to be desired.

So do we give him 5 years and if we're still here just turn around and say "at least we had stability"?

No. I'd say another season.

No. I'd say another season.

But he's proved he's tactically inept and can't lift his team out of a slump. I think it'd take him to rape someone before some people stopped backing him! Even then, I think he'd still have some supporters.

We've gone from looking good for top two, to struggling to make sixth, in a matter of weeks. It's indefensible. Yes, players are out of form, but the buck stops with the boss.

But he's proved he's tactically inept and can't lift his team out of a slump. I think it'd take him to rape someone before some people stopped backing him! Even then, I think he'd still have some supporters.

We've gone from looking good for top two, to struggling to make sixth, in a matter of weeks. It's indefensible. Yes, players are out of form, but the buck stops with the boss.

I'd evaluate at the end of the season, he's still got 7 games to get us out of a slump. I've seen no evidence that he will, but he's done good things this season too.

If we're not going to make the playoffs he should go now and give the new manager a chance of sussing who to keep before the summer transfer window.

I agree he should go but the board might be thinking of ST renewals.

They'd be far more buzz if a new manager was appointed to start the new season fresh, and ST sales would be boosted.

Unless a new man could turn it around in the last few games (a tough ask), many fans would start questioning the appointment if we didn't make the play offs, and that could have a negative effect on Season ticket renewals.

I'd evaluate at the end of the season, he's still got 7 games to get us out of a slump. I've seen no evidence that he will, but he's done good things this season too.

That's how its looking that the owners will assess things now. Fair enough, at the end of the day, we all want the same for the club, whoever manages or owns us.

if he was to go he should have gone after the derby game we would then have two weeks to get someone in, we need someone who can get the players to play football and not run around like headless chickens.

These are good players but they look unfit and they do not know what to do, they don't look for second balls in the last to two games they where running around chasing the ball and if someone wins the ball they kick it up the field and to nobody.

Take last night with 10 men we had everybody back defending when we won the football it got kick up field to nobody and just came back.

The Season Ticket renewals is a great point .....

I didn't renew for the first time in 22 years because I find it difficult to get excited by NP's LCFC ..... I wonder how many more would not bother next season with him at the helm. Let's face it - it's just not exciting. there's no buzz even when we're on a good run let alone the worst for years.

The Season Ticket renewals is a great point .....

I didn't renew for the first time in 22 years because I find it difficult to get excited by NP's LCFC ..... I wonder how many more would not bother next season with him at the helm. Let's face it - it's just not exciting. there's no buzz even when we're on a good run let alone the worst for years.

Pearson-haters always so hard to please.

Players look absolutely knackered. Every single one of them. Over trained. Poor management. Pearson out now. Give the new manager a few games to get an idea of what to do in the summer ahead of next season.

Spot on, good post..... :thumbup:

I think we should keep him. I'm not convinced by the stability argument, and I think Pearson has weaknesses, but just for once I'd like to see what happens if you persist. I'd give him til the turn of the calendar year to get us back to looking like a top-5 side.

Last night I agree that with 10 men, City certainly seemed to put more of a shift in than they have in any game in the past couple of months. However, to say that we didnt deserve to lose is nonsense. If it wasn't for Kasper being bang on form last night, we could of been on the end of a 3 or 4 nil beating last night and we couldn't really have complained abut it either. We offered absolutely zilch going forward again. Whether this season is over yet or not, I'm flabbergasted at how bad we've become over the last two months. I've never seen a choke like this in watching football for 25 years.

Ill cheer City until the final whistle of the final game, but for me, looking at the games we have left, and looking at our performances over the past 2 months, I'd put our promotion chances at about 5% from here.

Archived