Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Season over

Like last time we tried something else you mean? Aside from our abysmal start, we've been above where we were last time at every stage in the previous two seasons. We were 12th this time under Sven. Afraid of progress?

Yeah - My mistake. We're definitely making progress.

Run out of arguments, then. Gotcha.

Please define by which measure the club hasn't progressed since the previous two managers, Messrs Sousa and Eriksson.

Shall we start with the last 11 games - the worst run since Sousa???

Or shall we look at the points per game which is worse than SGE??

Take your pick.

Run out of arguments, then. Gotcha.

Please define by which measure the club hasn't progressed since the previous two managers, Messrs Sousa and Eriksson.

Nope - using the same tactic as you - just take the p*ss instead of debate like an adult. You not enjoying losing Mr Badger??? Maybe he's under your cot??

Im a Pearson fan but have had it in the neck with defeat after defeat against poor but better organised opposition. My heads in a spin. We look poor , jaded and unconfident , but theres no-one i can think of that id want as manager that would realistically come ! People have said we have signed quality and watched them fade under this management and that point makes sense to me. But then theres the cost involved to the club with sacking the manager too.

No-ones happy with this situation , i get shit at work too from derby , cov and notts fans.

Its the worst run i can remember but the alternative for me doesnt look much brighter!! its not like Matteo is gonna turn up at the gates .

Should we give him his full contract to get it right ? i just dont know anymore...i cant see where the next wins coming but ive felt that before in the past and they came.

One things for sure itll be interesting to see how the players react to being out the top 6 at barnsley . Do or die time !!

You see where you quoted me? I posed you a question. Please humour me by answering it.

I think you need to dry your eyes whilst mummy gets mr badger and scroll up for the answer that i immediately replied to your question.

I think you need to dry your eyes whilst mummy gets mr badger and scroll up for the answer that i immediately replied to your question.

I'm afraid you haven't.

When did I say that? You stated that after Huddersfield our season was over, when it very clearly wasn't.

Metaphorically it may as well be over.

Dont fight it...Dont delude yourself we can do anything.

Just be glad we have enough points in the bag to avoid relegation!!!

Metaphorically it may as well be over.

Dont fight it...Dont delude yourself we can do anything.

Just be glad we have enough points in the bag to avoid relegation!!!

Did I deny it's not over now? (Which, incidentally, I am, it is not over now!) All I said to you was contradict your statement 'Our season was over after Huddersfield', which was clearly wrong.

I'm afraid you haven't.

Shall we start with the last 11 games - the worst run since Sousa???

Or shall we look at the points per game which is worse than SGE??

Take your pick.

I'll save you the twubble.

I'll save you the twubble.

Thanks, missed it first time around. Have a +1 by way of apology.

If you're judging progress over an 11 game stretch then there's problem number one.

PPG I haven't calculated, so you may have a point there, but I prefer an ultimately long-term view.

OPE5d9x.png

If you're judging progress over an 11 game stretch then there's problem number one.

PPG I haven't calculated, so you may have a point there, but I prefer an ultimately long-term view.

OPE5d9x.png

PPG I'm quoting someone else and haven't checked myself - but i did check a few games ago and it was tight between SGE and NP so i would think that it now is less for NP's last 39 games.

That's an interesting graph, I'll give you that ..... But if you were a chartist you'd be looking with some massive concerns at that dip over the last 10 games ..... Where we disagree is that you think the downturn is very short term trough. I think it's the start of a very definite trend.

Half of me wants to stick with him to the end of the season just so we don't have any doubt that he'd have turned it around, we can finish 10th, recruit a new manager and all be behind the new guy without any clinging to the old one.

The season might be over comes the fourth of May.

Anyone from the Doom & Gloom Brigade - take a chill pill.

I could be arsed to play the Armaggeddon Card should we not finish in the playoff places.

Until then, have a nice day.

OPE5d9x.png

Interesting that the real progress on that chart is made by Sven not Pearson. Not exactly supporting your point of view when you remove the green line!!!

Archived