Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Season over

Oh dear, you don't have a clue. You're finding it increasingly difficult to defend Pearson, so you bring out 'Look at Man U under Fergie'! Haha pathetic. Anyway, one word, Chelsea. That blows your stability argument.

You call me pathetic? Are you serious? Ok then genius, tell me exactly what good sacking Pearson would do at this stage in the season. We would go from 'possible play-off places' to 'incredibly unlikely to make play-off places'. And for your information, I am not trying to defend Pearson specifically, I just think it might be time to stick with a manager for more than a season.

When something doesn't work, you change it. Well, has our constant chopping and changing of managers worked in the past decade? No. Use your brain before throwing insults around.

I think when people say that Pearson should go and then other posters say "what good will it do". My response is "what harm will it do?" If any manager comes in and offers something like LOSE LOSE DRAW LOSE DRAW LOSE DRAW etc over the remaining games, thats pretty much what we are getting now anyway isnt it? So if someone came in, and the results continued in the way they are now, they aren't doing any worse are they.

In my opinion, if someone came in now, they would have to try really hard to worsen our results and performances of late.

And to the above poster, asking about when has chopping and changing worked for us. We went down under Holloway, and some fans wanted him to stay on to put it right, and he was sacked, and Pearson came in and took us straight back up and then the following season we narrowly missed out on promotion. That "chop and change" worked did it not?

It's relegation form. Your only argument is look at Man United! He should've gone after the Derby game, chance to bring someone in who could mix things up a bit and utilise the loan market. That didn't happen, so now we're stuck until the end of the season. It's unlikely we'll make the play offs, so another season in this division, hopefully under a manager who is more tactically aware.

You call me pathetic? Are you serious? Ok then genius, tell me exactly what good sacking Pearson would do at this stage in the season. We would go from 'possible play-off places' to 'incredibly unlikely to make play-off places'. And for your information, I am not trying to defend Pearson specifically, I just think it might be time to stick with a manager for more than a season.

When something doesn't work, you change it. Well, has our constant chopping and changing of managers worked in the past decade? No. Use your brain before throwing insults around.

I don`t see why keeping Pearson makes us any more likely to make the play offs, than if we bring someone else in.

On current form, we are heading for mid table if we keep Pearson, so what do we have to lose?

Some people are going on about how well we done last night, but lets not be blinkered by the fact we only had 10 men.

Yes, we showed plenty of effort, , but very little in terms of quality!

The only blessing about yesterday was that we were highly fortunate with the way other results went and the fact that we somehow still have a five points cushion from 8th position. Watford and Palace didn't capitalise on matters in their games, infact Palace's 0-4 v Brum was unprecedented but even they're nicking wins from time to time, while the Blackburn game apart, we're just losing everything there is to lose, the entire season included at this rate! Our brilliant goal difference won't count for anything if we finish in 8th place or below of course!

The only blessing about yesterday was that we were highly fortunate with the way other results went and the fact that we somehow still have a five points cushion from 8th position. Watford and Palace didn't capitalise on matters in their games, infact Palace's 0-4 v Brum was unprecedented but even they're nicking wins from time to time, while the Blackburn game apart, we're just losing everything there is to lose, the entire season included at this rate! Our brilliant goal difference won't count for anything if we finish in 8th place or below of course!

What does 8th have to do with anything?

Hate to break it to you, but our superior goal difference wont count for anything if we finish lower than 6th

What does 8th have to do with anything?

Well he is trying to look for positives, unfortunately there aren't any. 8th wtf, we should only care about the team directly behind us and believe it or not they are better, have a game in hand, and on the same points

Having watched last nights game out there bloody freezing, i do feel leicester put up a good display last night,it was unfortunate that morgan was sent off, but i think it was a definate red card.once again i fail to see what N.P tactics are with not useing all his subs,also this St ledger thing.everythings going wrong for N.P now.but i cant feel sorry for the bloke,last night he was in bits,im affraid he should have brought some tissues with him to compensate ,because im affraid its to late for him now.no other choice, he has to go .

Its not over but we're going to have our work cut out to finish in the playoffs.

Even if against the odds we do finish in a playoff spot does anyone seriously think we have any chance with the piss poor form we have displayed over the last ten games ? dream on.

Even if against the odds we do finish in a playoff spot does anyone seriously think we have any chance with the piss poor form we have displayed over the last ten games ? dream on.

I agree but anything can happen in football. What I will say is we will never finish in the top 2 while Pearson is inchange he's not got the tactics to finish that high.

Whats the point sacking the manager??! Stability is what we cry out for but when one thing goes wrong you cry to destabilise what we have!

Stability your having a laugh, hes been here for 1 year and half.

Stability is exactly what we need. Team's aren't built overnight, and if we do replace Pearson, we'll be starting from scratch yet again and will likely find ourselves in the same situation this time next year. Stick with Pearson, his team has played some storming football this season and he'll get it right in the end.

Well, since we are not going up, Bringing in a new manager now would give him the opportunity to assess the team, and understand more about what is needed to make us serious challengers next season

Archived