Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nickm

Our Crap Midfield

I just think our midfield is and has been for a good while weak and ineffective. James is probably the worst midfielder i've seen down here yet the vast number of Pearson bummers herald his return like he's our gifted one. We simply do not have a midfielder who is prepared to stick a boot in, we need a Savage/Lennon type of character and as long as we keep on gratefully accepting these man United rejects we'll never be a premiership team.

Our problems start and finish with the likes of Drinkwater and James going absent for 80 minutes of the game. What i don't understand is why we can't blood some of our youngsters, they can't possibly be as bad as what we have now?

worst player down here for years? clearly haven't been supporting leicester for very long then have you?

Yeh i guess you're right i've only been a fan since the late sixties, i've seen managers like Frank O'Farell, Jimmy Bloomfield and the like come and go so i'm not really entitled to an opinion. Having failed to have a season ticket for three seasons out of forty odd makes me a bit of an armchair critic aswell, guess i'd better go lick my wounds!

Yeh i guess you're right i've only been a fan since the late sixties, i've seen managers like Frank O'Farell, Jimmy Bloomfield and the like come and go so i'm not really entitled to an opinion. Having failed to have a season ticket for three seasons out of forty odd makes me a bit of an armchair critic aswell, guess i'd better go lick my wounds!

So James is our worst player in fifty odd years?

Our midfield played well last night especially James so part of your argument I have to disagree with. I wasn't the biggest fan of James when he first arrived, he looked unfit & slow! But now the more I see of him ( when fit) the more i like & i think he will become a decent midfielder. IMHO I think we have lost it upfront, Nugent (player I do like) isn't doing it & Wood has become very disappointing since bagging a hat full of goals. How we can rectify this so close to the end of the season is down to Pearson ( not a fan of) who gets paid good amount of money to find an answer to our crisis. Unfortunately the rest of our forwards are also out of sorts as well! Me, would try Sclupp & Vardy up front just to create pressure on the opponents back 4!

I dont think anybody is saying James is the new Lennon,but since christmas he was showing alot of promise,and was getting better all the time until he got injured.And last nite i thought he played well in a side with 10 men,considering he hadnt played in weeks.Let me guess you like Andy King.

So James is our worst player in fifty odd years?

Now i wasn't saying that and maybe i wrongly singled him out, i thought in his first game for us he seemed like he could be good, as did drinks, as did wellens as i remember. I just think that these players start off with the best intentions and with good effort but once they are established they don't seem to be interested and are only taking the wage. There seems to be a general malaise at our club and it seems to have been there for a while now, i mean surely nobody can me they actually think any of our playes have actually improved since being here? Maybe a few have but in the main they just seem to be average players coming along for the ride. I mean who thinks Shlupp has actually become a good player-his first touch is abysmal and for a strong young man he just doesn't get physically involved in the game!

Maybe i'm just getting old and bitter

Now i wasn't saying that and maybe i wrongly singled him out, i thought in his first game for us he seemed like he could be good, as did drinks, as did wellens as i remember. I just think that these players start off with the best intentions and with good effort but once they are established they don't seem to be interested and are only taking the wage. There seems to be a general malaise at our club and it seems to have been there for a while now, i mean surely nobody can me they actually think any of our playes have actually improved since being here? Maybe a few have but in the main they just seem to be average players coming along for the ride. I mean who thinks Shlupp has actually become a good player-his first touch is abysmal and for a strong young man he just doesn't get physically involved in the game!

Maybe i'm just getting old and bitter

I thought James was one of our best players last night, with Keane and Kasper, and I reckon we missed him when he was injured.

This is because we are trying to play king and jamrs in 1 position but with two roles, everybody wants him to be an attacking CM but when we play 442 he has two hold back. The only way hr will get back to he was is with a formation like 433 with him at the head of the midfield diamond or 352 wit him behind the 2 strikers. Tbh, i think 352 would suit us with schlupp and de leat wing backs, with drinky aand james holding then king attacking. Would work a treat imo, we have the players to do it.

Schlupp looked as ithe he was feeling a huge amount of pressure last night especially when he was being asked to play two positions.Made a few poor decisions trying to make something happen but Ithought towards the end he put his foot through a few hard tackles and came up with possession and did very well to ride out that very bad tackle.Got himself a booking but made the point not to mess with him.Tough school but may have done him good

James played well last night. Was all over the pitch and won quite a lot of challenges. Drinkwater on the other hand... Perhaps it is the way we play under NP that there is one player we give the ball to again. Other teams shut him down or he goes off form and it shuts our midfield down too. This is such a shame because we looked a different team when playing with 2 genuine wingers and not just going through 1 player only a couple of months ago. Knockeart needs to pull his socks up too. He was utterly awful last night.

James tried hard and ran and hustled all game, I think to play well you need to give more than effort and provide a bit of calmness,skill and cutting edge.. I guess that the people who are saying James played well are also suggesting Knockaert played well as he also ran and ran.

Leicester tried hard last night but its not god enough

We had 10 men ffs our midfield had alot of ground to cover last night and I think they did it well.. james played well and ran all night and knockeart was everywhere

Yes they were everywhere!!...but doing what exactly?

The attacking phase of our game is absolutely pathetic, the result of which is 10 games out of 11 where we have NIL or ONE goal, which isnt enough for anything other than Relegation Form.

I cannot see anyone linking well with anyone else, in a forward-thinking motion, from Midfield into Attack to Effective (not long-range) Shots at Goal.

KNOCKER seems to act like he's still the greedy schoolboy player, he really needs to be told to get his head up before and during possession, to pick out team-mates and make more use of his considerable talent.

JAMES and DRINKWATER dont get anywhere near:-

1) The opposition penalty area.

2) Linking well with the forwards.

3) Making ANY KILLER PASSES.

The other winger? MARSHALL, DYER, SCHLUPP etc, again the link-up play is poor, and only Dyer has his team-mates at heart when he makes his runs.

NUGENT works his socks off, but isnt getting the ball to his feet, at the right time, and the right place.

WOOD looks wooden without the right service, we need to work out how to feed him, to get the most out of him, otherwise he's like an angry totem pole up there.

The Defence has still been one of the best performers in the League, but the rest needs a complete review, to work out how they are going to move from 6 strangers, and become an effective strikeforce.

Archived