Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Pearson Rumour

Off topic but on Twitter, tweets keep being posted by Foxestalk.

They just look like snippets from threads. Is anyone choosing to tweet these things or are they random?

#gettingoldandoutoftouch !!

They're just latest threads aren't they? Think they're automatic.

Leicester's financial year ends on 31st May so sacking Pearson anytime between now and then will have exactly the same impact on our performance against financial fair play targets. Unless Pearson is going to get sacked on or after 1st June any compensation will be owed from this financial year. So, not only would keeping Pearson til the end of the season shift this expense to next financial year, it would also mean that we wouldn't have to pay the hefty compensation written into his contract for sacking him this year.

However, clearly Pearson will not be rescuing this season for us and the chances of another manager coming in and at least getting us into the playoffs is any man's opinion greater - a difficult challenge, but more likely than Pearson doing it. The money made from the Playoffs alone would cover NP's compensation this financial year and therefore should make it worthwhile.

would you give him a job?

I'm sure there will be a lot of Championship clubs interested in a manager who can assemble a team which has been in the top 6 for the vast majority of the season, while reducing overall costs at the club and bringing in players on the cheap who will have a decent resale value in the future.

I would think that NP (or his agent) have negotiated a chunky pay off if he goes early. He was enticed to leave Hull where he was well regarded and his agent played hard ball with the owners when Rednapp was being touted earlier in the season - i think this would cost bundles

I would think that NP (or his agent) have negotiated a chunky pay off if he goes early. He was enticed to leave Hull where he was well regarded and his agent played hard ball with the owners when Rednapp was being touted earlier in the season - i think this would cost bundles

It won't cost bundles as his contract is not that long. It doesn't matter how he was employed.

Also, offset the cost of potential promotion vs his pay off. I don't think money is the issue here. The issue is dependent on wether they have someone to come in or not

I'm sure there will be a lot of Championship clubs interested in a manager who can assemble a team which has been in the top 6 for the vast majority of the season, while reducing overall costs at the club and bringing in players on the cheap who will have a decent resale value in the future.

Yes and be delighted with the fact that he won't get them up and will fall out with his own shadow at the drop of a hat.

Archived