Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
undey

Paul Ince?!?!

Net spend is a ridiculous measure. The manager has no influence over that. The board accept or reject bids. Pearson is only responsible for how he uses his own budget.

People keep saying 'what has otherwise been a good season'. You can't just pick and choose which results count. The bad run is part of the season. You either take all of it or not at all. The fact remains that we have lost more games than at the same stage last season and only three points better off.

You mention stability and link it to Adams and Pearson in his first spell. What did they do in their first full seasons? Won promotion. That rather undermines your assertion that time breeds success. They succeeded straight away and earned their time.

And you can keep claiming that I want instant success all you like; it isn't true. My issue with Pearson is that I don't believe he will deliver what we want at all. Ever. Why should I want him to stay in that case?

3 points better off than last season maybe, but at this exact time last season we were 7 points off the play-offs. 7! We're now just 2.

This is Pearson's first full season here (albeit in the 2nd stint). If you expected him to gain promotion last season you're an idiot, coming in at the end of October, with Sven's team of overpaid shit.

If you don't believe he'll deliver promotion, why not give him at least a full season? Surely that's the least any manager deserves.

3 points better off than last season maybe, but at this exact time last season we were 7 points off the play-offs. 7! We're now just 2.

This is Pearson's first full season here (albeit in the 2nd stint). If you expected him to gain promotion last season you're an idiot, coming in at the end of October, with Sven's team of overpaid shit.

If you don't believe he'll deliver promotion, why not give him at least a full season? Surely that's the least any manager deserves.

Because I think somebody else might be able to win promotion from here. If I think someody else can do it but the current bloke can't why would I want to stick with the current bloke? That would be mental. It's alright saying we're only two points off the play offs but what good is that having been seven points clear of where we are now just over two months ago? Why is a full season the least he deserves if he is failing? If I was ****ing my job up my director wouldn't think 'never mind, I'll let him have the full year to **** it up even more'. We are going backwards and current form suggests that will continue. Why give him the rest of the season to take us even further backwards.

People go on like the team Pearson inherited was complete shite. We weren't relegation strugglers. We were sixth in the league after Pearson's first game back in charge. We went backwards with him in charge. And it wasn't as if he got rid of a load of shit immediately. He added to the squad.

Because I think somebody else might be able to win promotion from here. If I think someody else can do it but the current bloke can't why would I want to stick with the current bloke? That would be mental. It's alright saying we're only two points off the play offs but what good is that having been seven points clear of where we are now just over two months ago? Why is a full season the least he deserves if he is failing? If I was ****ing my job up my director wouldn't think 'never mind, I'll let him have the full year to **** it up even more'. We are going backwards and current form suggests that will continue. Why give him the rest of the season to take us even further backwards.

People go on like the team Pearson inherited was complete shite. We weren't relegation strugglers. We were sixth in the league after Pearson's first game back in charge. We went backwards with him in charge. And it wasn't as if he got rid of a load of shit immediately. He added to the squad.

I can't even be arsed. We're not gonna agree, lets see where we are at the end of the season. Out of interest, if we do go up, what will your views on Pearson be then?

I can't even be arsed. We're not gonna agree, lets see where we are at the end of the season. Out of interest, if we do go up, what will your views on Pearson be then?

He will have succeeded and he will have my backing. I base my opinions on evidence. If the evidence suggests I'm wrong I change my mind.

lol so fickle.

That isn't being fickle. It's just not being stubborn. Claiming he is shit if he got us promoted would be retarded. Surely you should only base your views on the available evidence? Otherwise you're just being a bit thick. Good luck to you if you think going through life without changing your mind on things is a good thing, though.

That isn't being fickle. It's just not being stubborn. Claiming he is shit if he got us promoted would be retarded. Surely you should only base your views on the available evidence? Otherwise you're just being a bit thick. Good luck to you if you think going through life without changing your mind on things is a good thing, though.

I base my views on the evidence, and the evidence is there's still quite a reasonable chance we're going to get promoted, so why not get behind him whilst we're still so close rather than call for his head. Can only be detrimental.

I will support him and the team whilst in the ground. Outside the ground I will vent my frustration. The current evidence is that we are getting further away from promotion, but that's obviously open to interpretation and we aren't likely to agree on ours, it seems.

I will support him and the team whilst in the ground. Outside the ground I will vent my frustration. The current evidence is that we are getting further away from promotion, but that's obviously open to interpretation and we aren't likely to agree on ours, it seems.

Agree to disagree then. Be interesting to see where we do end up, and who with.

Cheers for the input.

How?! We're 2 points of play-offs, anyone would think we're in a relegation battle. Judging by your sig I'm assuming you're another Pearson hater. Sigh.

No I'm not a Pearson hater although his general pop at supporters in his post match interviews on a couple of occasions this season have been well out of order.

As for being two points off the playoffs, correct. If this is a case of analysis by points attained over the season then so be it. We're currently 12 points behind 2nd spot and 12 points away from the relegation places. Congratulations Pearson. Lose on Saturday which is a distinct possibility and we're in a battle to stay in 7th place. Our squad is far better than this and yet the way we've gone about games the default predictable Pearson way has reaped bugger all.

So, ask yourself are you happy with our current league position considering the quality we have in the squad and the position we found ourselves in at the turn of the year?

Pearson has lost it with his negative approach and defensive tactics for which he has no alternative plan to change things around.

No I'm not a Pearson hater although his general pop at supporters in his post match interviews on a couple of occasions this season have been well out of order.

As for being two points off the playoffs, correct. If this is a case of analysis by points attained over the season then so be it. We're currently 12 points behind 2nd spot and 12 points away from the relegation places. Congratulations Pearson. Lose on Saturday which is a distinct possibility and we're in a battle to stay in 7th place. Our squad is far better than this and yet the way we've gone about games the default predictable Pearson way has reaped bugger all.

So, ask yourself are you happy with our current league position considering the quality we have in the squad and the position we found ourselves in at the turn of the year?

Pearson has lost it with his negative approach and defensive tactics for which he has no alternative plan to change things around.

You didn't answer, how is it delusional to believe we'll still be promoted? We're still well in the hunt.

Alright, say we win on saturday, up to 6th, possibly 5th, with 2 home games in a row coming up. Will you be wanting Pearson out then?

You didn't answer, how is it delusional to believe we'll still be promoted? We're still well in the hunt.

Alright, say we win on saturday, up to 6th, possibly 5th, with 2 home games in a row coming up. Will you be wanting Pearson out then?

We won't get promoted. We were "well in the hunt" as you put it back in January. Now we're clinging on to the hope of a playoff lottery situation which I wouldn't fancy us to do well in with Pearson's negative approach since the turn of the year. Still, if you're happy with that, then so be it. You have your opinion, I have mine.

It doesn't matter where the games are, home or away, I can't see where the next win is coming from. I'd be happy if Pearson took us back to how we were playing before Christmas because he may as well go all out for it. If he fails, he won't be here next season.

We won't get promoted. We were "well in the hunt" as you put it back in January. Now we're clinging on to the hope of a playoff lottery situation which I wouldn't fancy us to do well in with Pearson's negative approach since the turn of the year. Still, if you're happy with that, then so be it. You have your opinion, I have mine.

It doesn't matter where the games are, home or away, I can't see where the next win is coming from. I'd be happy if Pearson took us back to how we were playing before Christmas because he may as well go all out for it. If he fails, he won't be here next season.

Don't suppose you have the lottery numbers as well then? Of course I'm not happy, but it's still definitely possible and easily doable. If we don't go up, fair enough. We'll never know what would have happened if we'd got someone else in sooner, but until it's impossible, I'm in complete support of Pearson.

End of the day like you say, we've got complete differing opinions, we'll see which one's 'right' come May.

Surely someone should be having a word with the Mirror then? That wasn't lazy journalism or even educated guessing, its just clearly fabricated bullplop, which can still be very damaging in a given situation.

this!!

Nige has said things were discussed in the board room and they need to stay there.....if that isn't "you need a result on Saturday or you are out" i don't know what is.

As for Paul Ince, the only good thing could be Tom Ince, but why oh why oh why would we consider an unproven manager fighting relegation to get us promoted?!?

Bring back King Martin!

Archived