Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
undey

Paul Ince?!?!

Leicester are understood to be regretting not moving for Ince before he went to Blackpool and believe he can get them into the play-offs despite their poor current form and difficult run-in.

Because he did such a good job at Blackpool?

Do these hacks take us for morons?

And if Pearson stays we are still left with shit.

You can think that, but it's still better than the other shit available.

Yes. I want rid of Pearson because he is doing a crap job. Appointing a crap successor doesn't make sacking the current bloke a bad decision. It just makes the appointment a bad one. It's perfectly possible to favour a change without being in favour of the subsequent appointment.

Right, so who would you bring in?

Another idiot who calls people idiots for wanting Pearson out.. Cretinous moronic rhetoric! :yesyes: :yesyes:I certainly would not be keen to have Ince in charge, but Pearson has to go if we don't get promotion, which is more than highly unlikely.

The irony of you calling literally anybody an idiot...

What if it's the players had a falling out with each other and not Pearson and are no longer playing as a team. Say if a certain striker got tackled badly in training, by a certain right winger. They had a set to, words were exchanged with other players and it split the camp in two.

About as believable as any other nonsense rumours posted on these boards. ;)

Errghhh . . . . Beans all over the place :o

You can think that, but it's still better than the other shit available.

Right, so who would you bring in?

My shortlist would consist of managers proven at this level. In order of preference:

Mick McCarthy - Championship winner 2005 & 2009

Steve Coppell - Championship winner 2006, promoted from the Championship in 1989 & 1997

Neil Warnock - Championship winner 2011, promoted from the Championship in 1991 & 2006

Brian McDermott - Championship winner 2012

All have better track records than Pearson. It isn't about instant promotion for me but about feeling as though there is progress towards it. The manager can have three years to build as far as I'm concerned so long as I think we're moving in the right direction. I don't think we are at the minute, I don't think the current manager is making any progress (we have about the same number of points as this time last year), I don't think he is capable of achieving promotion from this league, and so I see no point in keeping hold of him.

I'd also change the way the club runs with regards to transfer spend. It has to be cut. The owners have put us in a ridiculous position by chucking money at successive managers. It needs a fresh start towards a more sustainably run club. Pearson shouldn't be part of that. He, like Eriksson, has spent millionw for no real return.

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to sack Nigel Pearson with 6 games to go. Then what, the usual list of failed managers will be rolled out, Hughes, Dowie, Ince, Keane etc and the fans will be in uproar complaining they do not want any of these being appointed and then wishing they had stuck with Pearson. We will be back to square one and the usual turmoil this brings. We are only just outside the playoffs, we can still do this. Just get behind Nigel and the team for the last few matches, changing the manager now would be a farce.â€

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to sack Nigel Pearson with 6 games to go. Then what, the usual list of failed managers will be rolled out, Hughes, Dowie, Ince, Keane etc and the fans will be in uproar complaining they do not want any of these being appointed and then wishing they had stuck with Pearson. We will be back to square one and the usual turmoil this brings. We are only just outside the playoffs, we can still do this. Just get behind Nigel and the team for the last few matches, changing the manager now would be a farce.â€

I get behind Pearson and the team while I'm at the ground. I go because I want to see them win. Being an arsehole would be counterproductive. Places like this exist so we can express opinions and have a moan about the match or the situation at the club. Fans have always whinged about football and that will never change. We all think we can do a better job on some level. That's just the nature of it.

For what it's worth I quite like Pearson. He did well first time around and he seems a decent bloke. I just don't think he has what it takes to deliver what the club (not just the fans) expects. The club is a different one to the one he left. There is a lot more money around and the ambition is very clear. The owners haven't helped themselves recently. They should either sack him or publicly announce that he is here until the end of the season come what may. Anything after that will depend on his performance after 46 games. Regardless of anybody's view on Pearson as a manager the uncertainty can't but be harmful.

My shortlist would consist of managers proven at this level. In order of preference:

Mick McCarthy - Championship winner 2005 & 2009

Steve Coppell - Championship winner 2006, promoted from the Championship in 1989 & 1997

Neil Warnock - Championship winner 2011, promoted from the Championship in 1991 & 2006

Brian McDermott - Championship winner 2012

All have better track records than Pearson. It isn't about instant promotion for me but about feeling as though there is progress towards it. The manager can have three years to build as far as I'm concerned so long as I think we're moving in the right direction. I don't think we are at the minute, I don't think the current manager is making any progress (we have about the same number of points as this time last year), I don't think he is capable of achieving promotion from this league, and so I see no point in keeping hold of him.

I'd also change the way the club runs with regards to transfer spend. It has to be cut. The owners have put us in a ridiculous position by chucking money at successive managers. It needs a fresh start towards a more sustainably run club. Pearson shouldn't be part of that. He, like Eriksson, has spent millionw for no real return.

You obviously don't think the manager should have 3 years if you're ready to get rid of Pearson after 1 and a half. There has been progress towards promotion. We've been on a terrible run obviously, but despite 1 win in 12 or whatever it is, we're still 1 win from 5th. Every team has a blip, this is ours. We all moan about how we need stability, consistency etc. but now the majority of the fans are desperate to get rid of any kind of stability and go right back to square 1.

Pearson is making us a more sustainably run club, getting rid of all the high earners and bringing in players for cheaper fees and cheaper wages. His big signing Knockaert (what, £2-3m?) could be sold for 3 times that now (and that was Shakey speaking at the start of the season). All the other signings have proven fantastic value for money (except a few, Futacs who was free, Whitbread who was free), whilst getting rid of the dross on ridiculous wages e.g. Beckford, Danns, Mills

You obviously don't think the manager should have 3 years if you're ready to get rid of Pearson after 1 and a half. There has been progress towards promotion. We've been on a terrible run obviously, but despite 1 win in 12 or whatever it is, we're still 1 win from 5th. Every team has a blip, this is ours. We all moan about how we need stability, consistency etc. but now the majority of the fans are desperate to get rid of any kind of stability and go right back to square 1.

Pearson is making us a more sustainably run club, getting rid of all the high earners and bringing in players for cheaper fees and cheaper wages. His big signing Knockaert (what, £2-3m?) could be sold for 3 times that now (and that was Shakey speaking at the start of the season). All the other signings have proven fantastic value for money (except a few, Futacs who was free, Whitbread who was free), whilst getting rid of the dross on ridiculous wages e.g. Beckford, Danns, Mills

6-9 million for knockaert.. lol really...

and how was 1 million for a non league player who hasnt made the step up fantastic value for money??

6-9 million for knockaert.. lol really...

and how was 1 million for a non league player who hasnt made the step up fantastic value for money??

That's what Shakespeare said. Well done mate, one exception! The point stands, he's got rid of the massive earners and replaced them with younger, brighter places on much smaller wages.

Pearson is making us a more sustainably run club, getting rid of all the high earners and bringing in players for cheaper fees and cheaper wages. His big signing Knockaert (what, £2-3m?) could be sold for 3 times that now (and that was Shakey speaking at the start of the season). All the other signings have proven fantastic value for money, whilst getting rid of the dross on ridiculous wages e.g. Beckford, Danns, Mills

Pearson has spent over £10m in transfer fees. That is not making us a more sustainably run club by ay stretch of the imagination. And other than Mills none of those players are off the wage bill. They're on loan. How much of their wages do you think Huddersfield will be paying? Not an awful lot, you'd think.

This is not a blip. This run has gone on for a quarter of the season. People are letting themselves be fooled by the fact that we were second in January. Second in January is no good to anybody when we're seventh now. It's all well and good talking about us being one win from fifth but a couple more defeats and you'll be saying we're only a couple of wins from sixth. When does it stop being good enough? The fact is we gave lost more games than we had at this stage of last season and have only three more points. Three extra points in a year is not good enough for the amount he has spent.

And yes, I would happily give a manager three seasons or so to build towards a given goal. But only if I thought they had what it takes to achieve that goal. I don't believe that Pearson does. In which case, why would I want to hang about for another eighteen months? Especially when there are managers who we ould probably attract who have proven they can do so. That stability breeds success is such bollocks. It's the other way around. You get years in a job off the back of being successful in it. If you're not successful you get the push. What goes is stability for the sake of stability? All that gets you is consistent mediocrity.

That's what Shakespeare said. Well done mate, one exception! The point stands, he's got rid of the massive earners and replaced them with younger, brighter places on much smaller wages.

You think Shakespeare saying something makes it so?

Christ you're trusting.

Pearson has spent over £10m in transfer fees. That is not making us a more sustainably run club by ay stretch of the imagination. And other than Mills none of those players are off the wage bill. They're on loan. How much of their wages do you think Huddersfield will be paying? Not an awful lot, you'd think.

This is not a blip. This run has gone on for a quarter of the season. People are letting themselves be fooled by the fact that we were second in January. Second in January is no good to anybody when we're seventh now. It's all well and good talking about us being one win from fifth but a couple more defeats and you'll be saying we're only a couple of wins from sixth. When does it stop being good enough? The fact is we gave lost more games than we had at this stage of last season and have only three more points. Three extra points in a year is not good enough for the amount he has spent.

And yes, I would happily give a manager three seasons or so to build towards a given goal. But only if I thought they had what it takes to achieve that goal. I don't believe that Pearson does. In which case, why would I want to hang about for another eighteen months? Especially when there are managers who we ould probably attract who have proven they can do so. That stability breeds success is such bollocks. It's the other way around. You get years in a job off the back of being successful in it. If you're not successful you get the push. What goes is stability for the sake of stability? All that gets you is consistent mediocrity.

It stops being good enough when we don't have a chance of promotion. As long as we're in with a chance, why get rid? Oh yeah great, let's make the squad even more unstable, and get on the next managers back after a year.

The amount he's spent? I'd love to see his net spend, he's had to work on a much harder budget than Sven did. He's still paying for Sven's mistakes, people don't take that into account. You all expect success straight away. I'd love to see what the wage total was 18 months ago and what it is now. He's had to sort out the financial side of things, whilst keeping us in the hunt for promotion. Not an easy job when he has the majority of the fans calling for his sacking after a poor run of form, after what has otherwise been a quality season.

Alright then, let's change a manager every time we have a blip, everytime we're not in the play-offs. Look where that's got us in the last decade!! Absolutely no-where. The 2 longest managerial spells we've had since MoN are Micky Adams and Pearson, 2 promotions and 1 play-off place.

Do you really think if we sacked Pearson and rushed a manager in now who didn't know the squad at all we've got a better chance of making the play-offs?

You think Shakespeare saying something makes it so?

Christ you're trusting.

Yeah you're right, sorry for having faith in the managerial team. I'll stop.

It stops being good enough when we don't have a chance of promotion. As long as we're in with a chance, why get rid? Oh yeah great, let's make the squad even more unstable, and get on the next managers back after a year.

The amount he's spent? I'd love to see his net spend, he's had to work on a much harder budget than Sven did. He's still paying for Sven's mistakes, people don't take that into account. You all expect success straight away. I'd love to see what the wage total was 18 months ago and what it is now. He's had to sort out the financial side of things, whilst keeping us in the hunt for promotion. Not an easy job when he has the majority of the fans calling for his sacking after a poor run of form, after what has otherwise been a quality season.

Alright then, let's change a manager every time we have a blip, everytime we're not in the play-offs. Look where that's got us in the last decade!! Absolutely no-where. The 2 longest managerial spells we've had since MoN are Micky Adams and Pearson, 2 promotions and 1 play-off place.

Do you really think if we sacked Pearson and rushed a manager in now who didn't know the squad at all we've got a better chance of making the play-offs?

Yeah you're right, sorry for having faith in the managerial team. I'll stop.

Net spend is a ridiculous measure. The manager has no influence over that. The board accept or reject bids. Pearson is only responsible for how he uses his own budget.

People keep saying 'what has otherwise been a good season'. You can't just pick and choose which results count. The bad run is part of the season. You either take all of it or not at all. The fact remains that we have lost more games than at the same stage last season and only three points better off.

You mention stability and link it to Adams and Pearson in his first spell. What did they do in their first full seasons? Won promotion. That rather undermines your assertion that time breeds success. They succeeded straight away and earned their time.

And you can keep claiming that I want instant success all you like; it isn't true. My issue with Pearson is that I don't believe he will deliver what we want at all. Ever. Why should I want him to stay in that case?

Archived