Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Was Schlupp's Performance Really Positive?

You're entitled to your opinion, which actually doesn't sound much different to mine, but the above sentence is nonsense. You've just made that up. I've not seen anybody say anything more generous than that he looks a good player or that he's got the potential to turn into a very good one.

I'd say "then you probably need to read this section a little more often" but, to be honest mate, do yourself a favour and don't. :whistle:

He's never have been in the position he was to score had he not been put out wide.

Considering the lambasting Pearson got for the Kane sub (that had little to do with Brightons goal) hopefully he's given a tiny slice of credit for this one.

I'm as pleased as anyone by tonight's result - just the relief of getting a win of any kind was welcome - but we still played Russian roulette and this time, for once, we won.

Tonight I tried to watch specifically how we reacted to going ahead and to discover precisely how our tactics change so we don't press our s advantage home.

On the plus side we worked hard to put Bolton players under pressure when they had the ball but, when we gained possession, we stopped having runners from deep positions leaving the ball holder needing to wait for support.. I noticed it as well against Birmingham and it means we're much less dangerous going forward than when we're behind meaning the opposition can commit more players to attack.

I'm as pleased as anyone by tonight's result - just the relief of getting a win of any kind was welcome - but we still played Russian roulette and this time, for once, we won.

Tonight I tried to watch specifically how we reacted to going ahead and to discover precisely how our tactics change so we don't press our s advantage home.

On the plus side we worked hard to put Bolton players under pressure when they had the ball but, when we gained possession, we stopped having runners from deep positions leaving the ball holder needing to wait for support.. I noticed it as well against Birmingham and it means we're much less dangerous going forward than when we're behind meaning the opposition can commit more players to attack.

The players drop deeper and make it harder because of the fact we had not won in a dozen games.

They don't do it intentionally, it's just football.

All sides drop deeper when leading by the solitary goal, it does not matter if you told the players any of the above, it would still happen.

It requires a couple of skilled and big, ball players, able to hold the ball and hold the man off, its actually a time when i think Wood and Wellens can be usefull, slow things down, hold the ball up and and manage the game out.

I'm sorry but Schlupp looked ****ing awful "with his back to goal" against Brum. I'm told he looked great at Brighton, I didn't go, but I thought he was majorly let down by Pearson on Friday. What he was doing as a "target man" with Wood stood on the wing was absolutely beyond me, I really can't understand some of Pearson's personnel decisions as of late.

As soon as we shifted him wide I thought he had a terrific end to the match, it seemed to lift his confidence as well and he really came to life. But banging the ball at him as a central player was a daft idea and whenever he got behind their defence he fluffed his lines n'all.

I don't want to be slagging the boy off. I really do like him, he is exciting and he is a prospect and I really hope he isn't poached and that he continues to grow. But we have this ridiculous habit of piling excessive praise and then pressure on a few of our "favourites" and I don't think it does much good. I mean the way some people on here talk about the boy you'd think he was the second coming of Pele.

I went to Brighton and thought he was 'ok'. He caused havoc and has that bit of pace to trouble defences but he didnt win anything in the air and didnt hold the ball up very well at all. He also should of scored a 1 on 1 but tamly shot straight at the keeper. His best moment was bursting down the wing and pulling back a great chance for King to hit the bar(should of scored). He is a good player and I would definetly keep him, but he will never be a clinical finisher.

Also the reason Nugent is 'off form' is because hes been playing wide too much! When hes the central striker hes our best finisher without a doubt..

Archived