Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Are we in a better position than when Sven was fired?

224 members have voted

1. 1. Are we in a better position than when Sven was fired?

• Yes
    • No
    • Stupid poll - close thread!

No it wasn't - see above

Excuse me? I've only ever said that Sven was financially crippling the club and the club became a circus with him in charge, I've never said he didn't save us from relegation or that he should have been sacked for a bad run or where we were in the table.

What a choice! Average to poor the pair of them. The target was promotion and with the resources relative to the opposition there has been no improvement whatsoever. Reducing the wage bill counts for nothing if we don't go up. It just means Pearson might have let the wrong players leave...

But you still are fine with lambasting Sven for a 19 from 13 run which would have given us 67 points that season (which is about all we got) yet love Nige for achieving possibly less this season after a full season in charge - and I will lay this on your admittedly young and perhaps slow to react brain one more time.

The point I make is not that Sven was great - he was fired too early by a naive board who couldn't replace him, panicked and brought back someone who might appease the fans (it worked with you!) and have stuck with him despite his apparent lack of ability. I have no faith in their ability to make the right decision next either and so I say it again - we are the play thing of a rich boy who is learning (a bit too slowly) what it takes to run a football club. Nige is just one of several high profile and costly mistakes and while I am sure the owners intentions are honourable, their skill i appointing a board is woeful and therefore I cannot see any change coming soon to the benefit of the club.

You can swallow every bit of bullshit they force feed you but they are wrong, the team is poor and and the manager is out of his depth - this run doesn't make me believe any of those facts less but as long as you are happy and another 15,000 mugs buy into it next year without a murmur it will continue.

And stop being so rude

I don't think I need to post again - this pretty much sums up my thoughts to the word!!

I thought he was quite decent to be fair.

Yakubu.

Fernandes is decent .... You can't expect the Pearson camp to be fair or rational.

Thought you weren't posting again?

lol

Didn't NEED to post ..... Doesn't mean I won't!!!!!!!!

Archived