Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Are we in a better position than when Sven was fired?

224 members have voted

1. 1. Are we in a better position than when Sven was fired?

• Yes
    • No
    • Stupid poll - close thread!

I still don't think Pearson is on his way out, promotion or not.

I think he's here next season too.

Just don't see it, all the rumours this season, plus the run we're on, suggest to me he won't be here after the summer.

I think James has been a big miss, you look at the games he plays and the results and I think I am right in saying there is definitely an upturn in points compared to when he's not in the team.

I agree mate.

Why? Because James is primarily defensive minded. He thwarts, he pesters, gets his foot in, stays mainly in our own half and controls things from that position.

He takes the defensive pressure off King and the wider men such that they can look to get forward more. Like King did against Brum for example.

Good player and yes we play better IMO when he has been available for selection.

I agree mate.

Why? Because James is primarily defensive minded. He thwarts, he pesters, gets his foot in, stays mainly in our own half and controls things from that position.

He takes the defensive pressure off King and the wider men such that they can look to get forward more. Like King did against Brum for example.

Good player and yes we play better IMO when he has been available for selection.

Ha ha good shoe horn, he does a bit of everything.

I think 50% is somewhat of an overstatement, we were second on the 9th Feb!

I thought 50% was generous, take away the two 5 game winning streaks and we've took 31 points from 31 games. So going by that were looking more towards 75% of the season but anyway, it's those two out of character runs we put together that have seen us clinging onto the playoffs for so long. Lets be honest rest of the season has been frustrating with poor performances especially away from home.

As for are we in a better position, wage bill will be but the standard of players has decreased as has team morale. Which is strange because Pearson moved on most of the trouble makers, looks at each players personality and lifestyle he brings in yet those that are left clearly are not happy under his leadership.

Voted no

Purely because we've now got 4 games to make up another 8 points if were going to do better than the year Sven had. To me it dosnt really matter that we have a 'better' squad now, unless we make those 8 points up Sven achived more in his full year than Pearson has, end of. I honestly don't think were any better/worse off.

I suppose i should have just picked the stupid thread option but there you go.

I thought 50% was generous, take away the two 5 game winning streaks and we've took 31 points from 31 games. So going by that were looking more towards 75% of the season but anyway, it's those two out of character runs we put together that have seen us clinging onto the playoffs for so long. Lets be honest rest of the season has been frustrating with poor performances especially away from home.

As for are we in a better position, wage bill will be but the standard of players has decreased as has team morale. Which is strange because Pearson moved on most of the trouble makers, looks at each players personality and lifestyle he brings in yet those that are left clearly are not happy under his leadership.

So basically take away our wins and we don't look so good, errrrr well you could do that with any team in the league. The facts are after 29 games we were doing better than everyone but Cardiff. How the wins were made up, or what sequence does not matter.

The reason Millwall seemed so shocking at the time was that we weren't used to playing so badly .....

I think it's the norm for us now to play as badly as we did that once. We've become so accustomed to mediocrity it's our new normal.

So basically take away our wins and we don't look so good, errrrr well you could do that with any team in the league.

1 - The facts are after 29 games we were doing better than everyone but Cardiff.

2 - How the wins were made up, or what sequence does not matter.

Aren't you disagreeing with yourself there? After 42 games we are 8th best.

Aren't you disagreeing with yourself there? After 42 games we are 8th best.

No. How can we have been one of the worst teams in the league for about 75% of the season, when well past the half way point we were second, when we've won more than we've lost.

Christ Hull have only lost two more games than us in second!!

How can you 'take away the two 5 game winning streaks'?

Nonsense.. They ALL count, good or bad.

Ok you take away the two 5 game winning streaks and ill take away the 14 without a win.

Even things up a bit.

:thumbup:

I wasn't talking about being shilo for 50% of the length a season runs but being shilo for 50% of the games we have played in, and I think I was being generous with 50%.

Shilo?

lol

No. How can we have been one of the worst teams in the league for about 75% of the season, when well past the half way point we were second, when we've won more than we've lost.

Christ Hull have only lost two more games than us in second!!

You said that the sequence doesn't matter and yet you are quoting our position after 29 games??

That's a sequence and is as random a sequence as any other.

I agree with your point that the only sequence that's really relevant is the one over 42 games so far, and over 46 games in total ...... and that puts us as 8th best in the second division.

I wasn't talking about being shilo for 50% of the length a season runs but being shilo for 50% of the games we have played in, and I think I was being generous with 50%.

Well my maths tells me that 50% of the season is 50% of the games. Considering we've won more than we've lost. Lost games playing well and drawn 10 games, many of which we were the better team. I don't quite get how that's generous.

There have been games where we've played well and not won (Charlton away, Blackburn away, Forest home, Brighton away) and also games we've won when not playing well (Middlesbrough home, Wolves home, Burnley away).

One major factor of our struggle is our present inability to get better results than performances. That was one of Pearson's strengths in his first spell, but most of our wins this season have been dominant performances and the poorer ones have ended in draws or defeats.

Well my maths tells me that 50% of the season is 50% of the games. Considering we've won more than we've lost. Lost games playing well and drawn 10 games, many of which we were the better team. I don't quite get how that's generous.

We haven't won 50% of our games though??? More like 36% - which would make 64% of the games crap - 64% is closer to 75% than 50% so Waller wins

Results outweigh performances at the end of the day couldn't care less if we scrap 1-0 wins all the time because we win games and that will see us promoted.

Football is all about winning, you can play tippy passing football to no avail like Arsenal or you can get combination of the both like Barcelona for example.

We haven't won 50% of our games though??? More like 36% - which would make 64% of the games crap - 64% is closer to 75% than 50% so Waller wins

So a draw away at Cardiff is classed instantly as you are one of the worst teams in the league? Nice logic.

The fact is we can all pontificate about this, that and the other and manipulate the figures to make our argument plausible but at the end of the day we haven't been good enough throughout the season something you need to do consistently to have any chance of getting promoted.

We are not going to win 4 out the 4 remaining games when our current form is so abysmal. If you were to say that in Dec/Jan I would have agreed based on the form we were producing then.

Pearson to my mind should thank God he's still got a job, at least for the time being.

So a draw away at Cardiff is classed instantly as you are one of the worst teams in the league? Nice logic.

We are 8th best team in the league. A draw at Cardiff is one result - and yet it's you that criticises others for using sequences .... and yet you use a sequence of one draw to justify yourself?

We are 8th best team in the league. A draw at Cardiff is one result - and yet it's you that criticises others for using sequences .... and yet you use a sequence of one draw to justify yourself?

I'm going for you are just obtuse rather than stupid.

Firstly, you are the one who deiced to remove all our wins. A sequence from the start of the season to the 9th Feb is not a random sequence, it's over 50% of the games. You can fill in the blanks yourself, but the key being it's over 50% of the games.

Secondly, it was not me who decided that all draws come under the classification of "worst team in the league" that was your chum. The Cardiff example was there to highlight the rather large flaw in that argument, which I'm sure he knew about but you clearly can't see.

Seeing as performances are actually in the eye of the beholder. Lets go off results and say a win is good, a draw average and a loss bad. 17 good, 15 bad and 10 average. Does not equal worst team in the league 75% of the time, or even 50% of the time.

Babs, for some reason,seems to want to pick an argument today, this isn't a case of getting frustrated with poor posts, his normal claim, it just comes over as being bolshy.

I notice that he didn't bother to slate Dan when he claimed that Sven was the worst manager we've ever had, one of the most ridiculous posts ever on this board.

Seeing as performances are actually in the eye of the beholder. Lets go off results and say a win is good, a draw average and a loss bad. 17 good, 15 bad and 10 average. Does not equal worst team in the league 75% of the time, or even 50% of the time.

The term I actually used was 'one of the worst teams in the league'

Babs, for some reason,seems to want to pick an argument today, this isn't a case of getting frustrated with poor posts, his normal claim, it just comes over as being bolshy.

I notice that he didn't bother to slate Dan when he claimed that Sven was the worst manager we've ever had, one of the most ridiculous posts ever on this board.

lol

Dan usually posts some good stuff and, in his defence, he wasn't party to the Taylor reign. He did see Sousa, Ollie and the rest though, so that excuse only gets so far.

To say Sven was the worst per se wasn't right, though I feel he, together with Taylor, left the club in the biggest financial mess.

Babs has just been posting his views, like you do?

You were the one making outlandish claims (less so than others ridiculous 75%) that factually just don't add up in the slightest, if trying to reign in the usual suspects attempting to rewrite history is picking an argument in your mind then fine. But I suggest you take a look back at the other threads and see who have been trying to pick arguements... I didn't see you telling them they were being bolshy!! But then I don't expect you to respond to every single post as you seemingly do me!

Archived