Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

I love being a Leicester supporter

More than happy with the two league cup wins in my life time. Not many clubs in England can say they've seen their club win more than that.

If we never win the FA cup I'll consider this club to have been a total waste of time. I was 7 when we won our last League Cup, if that's the best I'll have to remember (and I use the term remember loosely) then that's a disappointment.

And actually, if you consider the average age of a football fan is 42 I think, most clubs our size have won that or better in their 'lifetime'. Winning a second rate trophy doesn't cover up the fact we've badly underachieved as a club.

If we never win the FA cup I'll consider this club to have been a total waste of time. I was 7 when we won our last League Cup, if that's the best I'll have to remember (and I use the term remember loosely) then that's a disappointment.

And actually, if you consider the average age of a football fan is 42 I think, most clubs our size have won that or better in their 'lifetime'. Winning a second rate trophy doesn't cover up the fact we've badly underachieved as a club.

But anyone who was at the 2 wins at Wembley and then Sheffield will say the wait was worth it.... then followed by 3 days in Madrid, watching Marshall score will last me a good few years. Anyone who was in Madrid one of the funniest things was all the post cards that were sent to Mark Magee at Wolves.. funny as

But anyone who was at the 2 wins at Wembley and then Sheffield will say the wait was worth it.... then followed by 3 days in Madrid, watching Marshall score will last me a good few years. Anyone who was in Madrid one of the funniest things was all the post cards that were sent to Mark Magee at Wolves.. funny as

Maybe but 1) I didn't have that and 2) The Bolton fan was speaking in future tense. The likelihood of us winning the FA Cup is minimal and even that competition isn't very meaningful now. The League Cup may as well not exist anymore, nobody takes any notice if you win, Wembley is shit and everyone plays their second teams until the semis.

And the wheels on the bus went round round round

A quote on another forum from a Bolton fan was one of the best ever.

"I love supporting a smaller, less successful club like Bolton. It's OK when you're Manchester United winning every week, we hardly ever win, but just imagine the feeling when we actually do win a cup? It's like waking up and having porridge for breakfast every morning, yet just one day you get the amazing feeling of sucking golden cyrup from Nigella Lawson's breasts".

I can't get that last but out of my head lol

• 2 weeks later...

Sure I could be a glory hunting Man U fan, or have jumped on the Liverpool wagon back in the day, but no, my dad and my grandad made me a Leicester fan...and ...

" I FVCKING LOVE IT!"

There is never a dull moment, giving away 90th minute goals, signing and sacking every manager on the market, missing penalty playoffs, winning League cups, topping the first division, buying Akinbadbuy, selling Emile... Peter Taylor...McClintock.. Frank OFarrell.......making but never winning the FA cup.... producing the best goalkeeper the world has seen ..TWICE!

Fighting to avoid relegation...going broke...getting relegated..bouncing straight back up.....3rd division champions.... 2nd division champions....Matt Elliot...Robbie Savage....Lineker....Huuuume...Campbell.... Muzzy....Filbert St.

and this year... with 4 games to play, still a chance to make the playoffs and who knows what from there???????

FVCK THE WORLD....FVCK THE OTHERS... I LOVE LEICESTER!

You've got to admit, we entertain like few others.

Last day of the season

Playing our rivals

chance to go into the playoffs

chance to keep filthy forest out

Leicester Citeh.... giving you bang for your buck since 1884

now cmon CITEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

get into em

You've got to admit, we entertain like few others.

Last day of the season

Playing our rivals

chance to go into the playoffs

chance to keep filthy forest out

Leicester Citeh.... giving you bang for your buck since 1884

now cmon CITEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

get into em

This lol

I love supporting Leicester because their my club, their the team from where I was born and lived near, and all my family lives and were born there. And like its been said, it's never dull down at filbert way! I'm 24 and I've seen a lot of highs and lows, when I was growing up in the 90s it was fantastic success, after that some bad times, culminating in relegation to league 1 in 08. But il always be a foxes fan.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do we love Leicester.. fvck :)

I said it was down to the last game of the season.... but ohhh no, We are Lestoh... fvck the last game...

Injury time of the last game........followed by... well.......... that fvcking debacle yesterday....

got ya moneys worth again didnt ya?

:chant:  :scarf:  :dunno:  :teehee:  :frusty:  :facepalm:  :frantics:  :doh:  :please:  :banghead:  :|

Why do we love Leicester.. fvck :)

I said it was down to the last game of the season.... but ohhh no, We are Lestoh... fvck the last game...

Injury time of the last game........followed by... well.......... that fvcking debacle yesterday....

got ya moneys worth again didnt ya?

:chant:  :scarf:  :dunno:  :teehee:  :frusty:  :facepalm:  :frantics:  :doh:  :please:  :banghead:  :|

It's what it's all about. We went from a massive high last weekend to an unbelievable low this weekend! Imagine how yesterday will feel if we manage to sort things out and go up next year. We need to bury yesterday, just like we buried Stoke away by murdering League 1. Yesterday should be all the motivation the players need. Once they've had a rest and cleared their minds, they'll be ready to go again and so will we!

As I said on another thread - I am a diehard supporter and have followed Leicester since I was 7yrs of age.  My collection of the old Football Cards from the 70's fuelled my passion in the glory days of Worthington, Weller and co.  My family tree and origins trace back to the 13th century in Leicester and my family name is from a Village / Parish that still stands in the county of Leicestershire to this day. 

I am now 48yrs young and was born and raised in Australia and never seen City live.  I have been an overseas member for most of my adult life and have 20 different City shirts which I wear proudly when we win or have a decent draw in a nation where Football (Soccer) supporters seem to just follow the big EPL clubs and mock the likes of me when they see me in my present season City shirt! 

Before the internet age and pay tv it was painful getting much info apart from articles in Football Mags a week or more out of date before they got down under but now I have many on line options as well as live games quite regularly plus highlights weekly.  Would have been great going up only for the fact to see to City Shirts sold in Sports Stores here (It's all EPL down under!) and seeing my team live each week on the box!    

I will support Leicester 'til I die - that is the way it was designed and that is the way it will be for me! 

I am just as gutted like the rest of you City fans but our day will come!     

Archived