Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

I love being a Leicester supporter

Sure I could be a glory hunting Man U fan, or have jumped on the Liverpool wagon back in the day, but no, my dad and my grandad made me a Leicester fan...and ...

" I FVCKING LOVE IT!"

There is never a dull moment, giving away 90th minute goals, signing and sacking every manager on the market, missing penalty playoffs, winning League cups, topping the first division, buying Akinbadbuy, selling Emile... Peter Taylor...McClintock.. Frank OFarrell.......making but never winning the FA cup.... producing the best goalkeeper the world has seen ..TWICE!

Fighting to avoid relegation...going broke...getting relegated..bouncing straight back up.....3rd division champions.... 2nd division champions....Matt Elliot...Robbie Savage....Lineker....Huuuume...Campbell.... Muzzy....Filbert St.

and this year... with 4 games to play, still a chance to make the playoffs and who knows what from there???????

FVCK THE WORLD....FVCK THE OTHERS... I LOVE LEICESTER!

:D

To be honest, I really think 'supporting' someone like Man Utd or Liverpool with no connections (or the most trivial of connections) shows if anything, a lack of interest in football. The match-going culture is the way it should be and most of them 'support' one of the biggest clubs just so they can brag about how much they win. I could never get what I get from Leicester from any other club.

Sure I could be a glory hunting Man U fan, or have jumped on the Liverpool wagon back in the day, but no, my dad and my grandad made me a Leicester fan...and ...

" I FVCKING LOVE IT!"

There is never a dull moment, giving away 90th minute goals, signing and sacking every manager on the market, missing penalty playoffs, winning League cups, topping the first division, buying Akinbadbuy, selling Emile... Peter Taylor...McClintock.. Frank OFarrell.......making but never winning the FA cup.... producing the best goalkeeper the world has seen ..TWICE!

Fighting to avoid relegation...going broke...getting relegated..bouncing straight back up.....3rd division champions.... 2nd division champions....Matt Elliot...Robbie Savage....Lineker....Huuuume...Campbell.... Muzzy....Filbert St.

and this year... with 4 games to play, still a chance to make the playoffs and who knows what from there???????

FVCK THE WORLD....FVCK THE OTHERS... I LOVE LEICESTER!

Good lad, bravo that man!!!

Psychologists call it 'operant conditioning'.

Essentially, you win or achieve success at intervals.

Operant conditioning is why gambling can be so addictive...you only win something every so often. Gambling would actually have little appeal if you won every time (winning would become boring and you'd need more to keep you interested) or lost every time ( you'd get sick of it and give up).

It's the 'chance' that you might win something that retains your interest.

Being a City fan is therefore quite addictive because we win stuff only every so often. We do well, then fall back time and time again. We've experienced success and failure in relatively equal measure.

It must be pretty dull being a Man Utd fan for instance. Beating the opposition week-in, week-out. There's little to keep you on the edge of your seat, little to get pissed off with and argue about.

I like being a City fan cos there's always something to talk about. For example, three months ago, who'd have thought we'd be having the debates we are having today?

I'd like to see some success now though, ten years out of the top flight is too long. Operant conditioning would suggest that this is why people are losing interest.

I love being a Leicester fan. The expectation of us winning this league mostly every year and us failing at mostly every opportunity. Typical, typical Leicester.

We will get there. We will be back in the 'Big Time'! COYB! :scarf:

Leicester are probably the most likeable club in the Championship and it's easy to see why: cracking stadium with true character, fans that command real respect from the opposition (especially when a chorus of the world famous 'we love you' rings out) and most importantly and exhibition in how to run a football club sustainably. None of that splashing the cash and chasing the dream nonsense here. I mean Vardy was an absolute steal.

Wait till we go to Palace - not only will we see a club in freefall but also a stadium full of plastics.

Wouldn't want to support any other club, in fact Leicester City is the best club in the world and I won't hear a bad word said against it. I do think we have an unfair advantage in our home games though as the KP is such an intimidating place to play for the opposition. Was saying to my mate Nigel the other day that we ought to play less terrifying music before the game to give the opposition a sporting chance.

Leicester are probably the most likeable club in the Championship and it's easy to see why: cracking stadium with true character, fans that command real respect from the opposition (especially when a chorus of the world famous 'we love you' rings out) and most importantly and exhibition in how to run a football club sustainably. None of that splashing the cash and chasing the dream nonsense here. I mean Vardy was an absolute steal.

Wait till we go to Palace - not only will we see a club in freefall but also a stadium full of plastics.

Wouldn't want to support any other club, in fact Leicester City is the best club in the world and I won't hear a bad word said against it. I do think we have an unfair advantage in our home games though as the KP is such an intimidating place to play for the opposition. Was saying to my mate Nigel the other day that we ought to play less terrifying music before the game to give the opposition a sporting chance.

Ohh yeah and what did Pearson say to that? lol;)

First off, Nigel doesn’t have ‘mates’ and secondly, I agree that elbow is too terrifying for the opposition and should probably be outlawed by the football league. However, we could be really harsh on the opposition and play some Jack Johnson before kick-off. The roar from the family stand would send the opponents packing.

WYS

Operant conditioning is why gambling can be so addictive...you only win something every so often. Gambling would actually have little appeal if you won every time (winning would become boring and you'd need more to keep you interested) or lost every time ( you'd get sick of it and give up).

Being a City fan is therefore quite addictive because we win stuff only every so often. We do well, then fall back time and time again. We've experienced success and failure in relatively equal measure.

It must be pretty dull being a Man Utd fan for instance. Beating the opposition week-in, week-out. There's little to keep you on the edge of your seat, little to get pissed off with and argue about.

I like being a City fan cos there's always something to talk about. For example, three months ago, who'd have thought we'd be having the debates we are having today?

I'd like to see some success now though, ten years out of the top flight is too long. Operant conditioning would suggest that this is why people are losing interest.

So basically, you'd get the same enjoyment from playing Vegas Rules Solitaire as you do from supporting your local team.

All that pain and suffering. FOR NOTHING!!!!!!

A quote on another forum from a Bolton fan was one of the best ever.

"I love supporting a smaller, less successful club like Bolton. It's OK when you're Manchester United winning every week, we hardly ever win, but just imagine the feeling when we actually do win a cup? It's like waking up and having porridge for breakfast every morning, yet just one day you get the amazing feeling of sucking golden cyrup from Nigella Lawson's breasts".

A quote on another forum from a Bolton fan was one of the best ever.

"I love supporting a smaller, less successful club like Bolton. It's OK when you're Manchester United winning every week, we hardly ever win, but just imagine the feeling when we actually do win a cup? It's like waking up and having porridge for breakfast every morning, yet just one day you get the amazing feeling of sucking golden cyrup from Nigella Lawson's breasts".

lol

Really though, I can't see us or Bolton ever winning a decent trophy.

62 years young but with you all the way. Sky and the others don't really have the fans at hart not only in football but a load of other sports aswell.

Bring back the weekend games and lets stop filling the pockets of sky by subscribing to a company that think if they show a game mid week will all rush out and buy a dish to put on the wall.

For me you can not beat a seat at the game.

Archived