Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Finances

I apologise in advance for the depressing thead.

Now that it seems promotion is over and the club experiencing loss on loss every year surely the Thai's aren't going to be spending much next season thus our promotion chances are going to be more slim or we will be spending even more and increasing the deficit. Don't think it looks good either way. I hope the Thai's have money and wont screw us.

Our owners can't pump money in even if they wanted to. We now have to play by the rules. I believe that's why Pearson won't be fired. He has been given the job of preparing for life within the rules while keeping us competitive, and that is what he has done.

I think the stripping down of the side has already been done, with a few exceptions who are out on loan who I would expect to be leaving in the summer.

Our wage bill really cannot (certainly should not) be that high when you look at our players.

There will be no big spending spree but I would expect Pearson to have around £3million to spend plus any money he can make in transfers out.

Loans will become increasingly important business in the championship in the next few seasons and we will be no different.

Take the wages of Gally, Wellens, and Konchesky away and that's a least 2 million right there, all that needs to happen is what NP has done since he arrived, getting rid of the shit and replacing them with young players.

Forgot about Beckford and Danns as well.

The King of Thailand is loaded so we are okay.

Doesn't matter how much money anyone has got, only 5 or 6 mil can be invested over & above incomes.

Most recently we lost nearly £30m

We need to sell probably all the earners who got contracts under Sven to have a chance of getting under the limits & whoever we get as replacements isn't going to play for free.

Don't really see many better for doing more I'm those circumstances than the guy we've got.

O'Neill has lambasted any chairman recently who's not given him unlimited funds - are his current skills up to wheeling & dealing and looking at how lacklustre Sunderland were despite significant investment does he even have the skills he used to have anyway?

Everyone else any good is already in a job & would they leave & come to a club in the financial situation we're in, where you only get 1 full season

Our high spending era will have ramifications for years to come.

Cheers Sven & owners. Good job all round, still not finished as high as we did before they arrived & now we're £100m in debt & losing £20-30m per season.

Take the wages of Gally, Wellens, and Konchesky away and that's a least 2 million right there, all that needs to happen is what NP has done since he arrived, getting rid of the shit and replacing them with young players.

Forgot about Beckford and Danns as well.

Agree but I think offloading those players still under contract on very good wages could be very tough. Prem clubs won't be interested and they're likely to be too expensive for Champ clubs. Danns might get picked up but who's going to take Beckford or Konch?

Guest MattP

Doesn't matter how much money anyone has got, only 5 or 6 mil can be invested over & above incomes.

Most recently we lost nearly £30m

We need to sell probably all the earners who got contracts under Sven to have a chance of getting under the limits & whoever we get as replacements isn't going to play for free.

Don't really see many better for doing more I'm those circumstances than the guy we've got.

O'Neill has lambasted any chairman recently who's not given him unlimited funds - are his current skills up to wheeling & dealing and looking at how lacklustre Sunderland were despite significant investment does he even have the skills he used to have anyway?

Everyone else any good is already in a job & would they leave & come to a club in the financial situation we're in, where you only get 1 full season

Our high spending era will have ramifications for years to come.

Cheers Sven & owners. Good job all round, still not finished as high as we did before they arrived & now we're £100m in debt & losing £20-30m per season.

Spot on.

Archived