Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

66 points

Yep, that's what we achieved last season with a squad that Pearson largely derided.

Granted, he's reduced the wage bill and the average age of the squad. However, does that outweigh 2 wins in 16 and signings like Vardy?

well he's spent quite a bit on players and had a full season. i imagine the aim was automatics and playoffs at least and he's failed. he's a manger that's probably better off not having sod all to spend so he can't waste money on the likes of vardy and drinkwater and marshall.

Yep, that's what we achieved last season with a squad that Pearson largely derided.

Granted, he's reduced the wage bill and the average age of the squad. However, does that outweigh 2 wins in 16 and signings like Vardy?

Or signings like De laet, james, wood, morgan, knocky, keane (loan)?

The players don't yet have the experience, something which takes time.

well he's spent quite a bit on players and had a full season. i imagine the aim was automatics and playoffs at least and he's failed. he's a manger that's probably better off not having sod all to spend so he can't waste money on the likes of vardy and drinkwater and marshall.

Vardy didn't work out but you can't blame pearson for that he wasn't the only manager to try to sign him actually i will go further the fact he managed to sign him shows that he is the right man to carry the club forward also i don't think drinkwater and marshall have been bad signings they have been inconsistent but they are young. Also he has made some great signings.

Our points total this season is misleading.

Points are much more evenly spread over the division. A team may make the playoffs without making 70 points, likewise a team may be relegated with 54.

It has been a very even division this year.

Or Whitbread and Futacs? And look at our defensive record with Keane in the side - we've conceded nearly twice as many goals per game as we did without him! As for Wood, Knockaert, Marshall, Drinkwater et. al - how much are they actually improving under Pearson?

Our points total this season is misleading.

Points are much more evenly spread over the division. A team may make the playoffs without making 70 points, likewise a team may be relegated with 54.

It has been a very even division this year.

In what sense?

Supposedly the quality this year in the league this year is less than last year so in other words we are underachieving are we not?

In what sense?

Supposedly the quality this year in the league this year is less than last year so in other words we are underachieving are we not?

In the sense that teams at the bottom have far more points than they usually have.

They come from somewhere.

Exactly, but why don't we buy experience.

And the right experience, not overpaid has-been like Danns etc...

Get in more experience in midfield, but actually players who have technical ability and who can score goals.

In the sense that teams at the bottom have far more points than they usually have.

They come from somewhere.

From teams like Barnsley 'outclassing' us.

I like Pearson - he's made some good signings in terms of future potential, but he knew the pressure was on this season. Sadly, he's come up short - the division was wide open this season and we've failed to take advantage. I wouldn't be adverse to giving him another season but, for me, there's always been a question mark over him.

Exactly, but why don't we buy experience.

And the right experience, not overpaid has-been like Danns etc...

Get in more experience in midfield, but actually players who have technical ability and who can score goals.

I agree with this. Pearson should stay but he needs to bring in some good experienced players in the summer, midfield being key.

we should just boycott and set up a fans club and start from the very bottom fc city of leicester, what a ****ing mess this club is

I don't agree with this. I don't particularly think our club is in a mess. We haven't been relegated with a monstrous wage bill, financially, we could be in trouble but. This is where the Thai's have to be clever in their decision going forward.

Take our poor run of form, spread those games out across the season. I think you have to judge the season based on the whole 46 games alone. You can't go picking patches where we were poor - yes that's the reason we've dropped down the table - but our perception would be different, if our bad patch came at the start of the season, and our good runs had followed.

We've been in the top 7/8 for most of the season, best defence, first time in years I can remember us scoring 6 at home, twice. We've been second, top. I don't think this has been a disastrous season - a season of two halves but, i'd give Pearson another go. See where we are at Christmas.

thank **** we missed out on vardy what a terrible player

The fact is we didn't start poorly and then improve, we're on one of the worst runs in our history. If that continues into the start of next season how long would Pearson get. It's time to start with a fresh approach now.

Or Whitbread and Futacs? And look at our defensive record with Keane in the side - we've conceded nearly twice as many goals per game as we did without him! As for Wood, Knockaert, Marshall, Drinkwater et. al - how much are they actually improving under Pearson?

Goals conceded are misleading.

Keane was part of the duo that lead us to the best defensive record in the division & the goals conceded, mainly over the past few games only came when our style changed through the necessity of declining team confidence.

Many of the goals can be pinned on midfielders not tracking runners, like Watford's first last night where King allowed the Watford man to run past him into 10 yards of space, he then won the corner that lead to the defensive error of the goal.

Fingers pointed at Wes not clearing the dropped the ball, which is fine & correct, he should have done, but the reality is we never should have conceded that corner in the first place if King went with the runner and cleared the ball either up field or out for a throw.

The fact is we didn't start poorly and then improve, we're on one of the worst runs in our history. If that continues into the start of next season how long would Pearson get. It's time to start with a fresh approach now.

It's possible, maybe even highly likely we'll have all change all over again, just like the majority of the past 10 years of disappointment.

The instances of stability leading to success outweigh the instances of constant transition leading to success.

I think the awful run will lead to change, but there's a bigger picture at play here too which means yet another change may not be the best thing to do

We're the most indebted we've ever been in our history & we're the most heavily in debt a club has ever been outside the top flight running up record losses on top of record losses.

Asia Football Investments being formed to take us over & the incoming owners wanting a 'name' manager with Pearson leaving as a result has lead to this situation.

They got their choice in Sousa wrong

Then they got their second choice in Sven wrong again with disastrous consequences that will hinder our ability to do business for years to come

As other clubs can quite happily add players or quality loan deals to their squad, our business will be hindered by a healthy number of underachieving players on Premiership wages (without the £23m parachute payment Reading, QPR & another benefit from)

From this point of view, Pearson's job can be viewed as only being half done, with 4 or 5 of these still to get off the books and hide from FFP by creative accounting practices - and hopefully use the wages saved to be able to bring in some players who actually contribute to the matchday squad, adding experience to the young core that Pearson has already signed hopefully bringing with it consistency.

Pearson's inability to arrest the run could easily lead to his sacking, but possibly just as likely with our record breaking disastrous financial position and a new financial era coming to the game Pearson's job may be viewed by them as only being half done and he could get to go again next season.

Archived