Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

The quote(s) that sums up the season

The quote(s) that sums up the season and leads me to the opinion that our team are bottlers.

Leicester City Striker David Nugent admitted his side had felt pressure of being high up in the Championship after a fearful first-half performance against Watford.
"We looked scared."
"The first half we were terrible, simple as that. We didn't look like we want it. The players didn't want to get on the ball like usual and it showed."
The striker said that the pressure of being high up in the table could have been a factor in his side's display.

"I think it might be the pressure that we are up there (in the table)," he said.

"We haven't been up there for a while, we weren't there all last season so this is the first time with this group of players.

"It's tough trying to stay up there, every team was gunning for us as we were second in the league. But we've got to be better.

http://www.thisislei...l#axzz2Ren5NCRy

David Nugent was interviewed after the away Watford game (November 3rd 2012).

If I remember right we were 2nd and we dropped to 4th? (Not certain but have strong feeling that was the case).

I know we regained 2nd but when I heard this interview it really worried me back then and I think (Me being me) I made a big deal about it at the time I think I was right to have my concerns over the comments in all honesty, we can't have players who get 'scared' when they get into these league positions, they should be feeling the complete opposite to being scared, enjoy it!

I think he said something similar in a post-match interview with Sky earlier this season. Think it was the Forest game but can't remember because we've had so many on TV. I was worried by that as well - shows that we need more leaders in the team and players that can handle the expectation of being promotion-chasers.

We spent too much time treating 'pressure' as if it were a problem that had to be dealt with. I've never known a club talk about pressure as much as we have this season.

Pearson's error was focusing on reducing pressure, rather than acknowledging it as an inevitability and encouraging the players to face up to it - and enjoy rather than fear high expectations.

Good post.

I've always praised Nugent for his hard work. Sadly, this has gone out of the window since we've started feeling 'the pressure'. He is one of those players, and there are a few of them, who just aren't man enough for the challenge.

Good post.

I've always praised Nugent for his hard work. Sadly, this has gone out of the window since we've started feeling 'the pressure'. He is one of those players, and there are a few of them, who just aren't man enough for the challenge.

After the Wolves game he said 20 goals was his target for the year.

Since then he hasn't scored! lol

He's very good on his day but I'd probably get rid now, his form is too peaks and troughs, he'll play well for 5 games and then not score for 15.. Can't really afford to have such a player.

After the Wolves game he said 20 goals was his target for the year.

Since then he hasn't scored! lol

Since then he's been mainly played on outside left of 433

His form as one of a front two was undeniable what we needed and saw us rise up the table, but having two up front, meant the midfield duo were being over-ran so formation had to change.

We'd have been better off with a plank of wood rather than Chris Wood up front for all the good he did the team as a whole, even though he did score two recently, his all round game is amatuer (at best) & as for Schlupp, he needs so much more time in the development squad or out on loan in league 1 it's untrue, yes he blustered his way through a couple of games with better than others performances, but Watford showed just how out his depth he is for now until his obvious talent is more finely honed.

Nugent on the whole has been an asset, but like many others on contracts awarded during that era he'll no doubt be out - and yes there is better around, I'm not blowing smoke up his ass and he's not above criticism, but neither should his contributions be pissed on

Not big enough for a challenge then if that's 'pressure'... They want to try doing everyday jobs like air traffic control, firefighters, surgeons and then they'll understand real pressure.

Players are paid thousands each week to play a 90 minute game of football and sometimes don't deliver. I'll accept when we lose, but I hate losing when we haven't played well and, more importantly, players (or certain players) haven't tried enough.

Since then he's been mainly played on outside left of 433

His form as one of a front two was undeniable what we needed and saw us rise up the table, but having two up front, meant the midfield duo were being over-ran so formation had to change.

We'd have been better off with a plank of wood rather than Chris Wood up front for all the good he did the team as a whole, even though he did score two recently, his all round game is amatuer (at best) & as for Schlupp, he needs so much more time in the development squad or out on loan in league 1 it's untrue, yes he blustered his way through a couple of games with better than others performances, but Watford showed just how out his depth he is for now until his obvious talent is more finely honed.

Nugent on the whole has been an asset, but like many others on contracts awarded during that era he'll no doubt be out - and yes there is better around, I'm not blowing smoke up his ass and he's not above criticism, but neither should his contributions be pissed on

I agree with most of what you're saying, he has been a good player for us more often than not and he hasn't been helped by being played out of position.

But whether he's been in the centre or out wide since January he's shown the same body language. The frustrating thing is he is a good player, and that has been shown in the past, but the attitude just hasn't been there recently. I just wonder if he'd have gone further in his career if he had a different mentality, much like our season.

I feel very similar about Wood tbh, he is talented, but he's just looked completely devoid of energy, and unless he's injured it's not really acceptable. He was being outmuscled by Lloyd Doyley last night for christ's sake, how he can get beaten to headers I don't know, and he can't get the ball under control for love nor money.

I don't know whether anyone else noticed this last night but quite a few of the players came off the field looking quite chirpy. Some had smiles on their faces. It was almost as though they felt relieved it was nie on over.

Brings me back to an earlier point I made. It's only really City fans that give a toss about City. I genuinely believe the players aren't too bothered as long as they retain their contracts.

The days of loyalty to the club are long gone.

Walshy, after losing yet again last night, would have looked very very fooked off. Our lads didn't appear to give a shite.

Archived