Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

We're Going To Do This

So our dreams/worst nightmares have turned into reality. Forest away, last game of the season. All we require is to break our 41 year old record of not winning there in the league, and Bolton to lose. I can feel several Fabrice Muamba moments occurring next week. In Nigel and God we trust! One love. Leicester City. I still can't use my enter button for whatever reason, but come on, lets have some messages to the players etc. At the very least we can make Forest away satisfying in that knowing a defeat will ruin their playoff ambitions too. We're building into a crescendo of importance of games here. Bolton, Palace, Watofrd, Forest, then the two games against Hull in the Playoff Semis, followed by Palace in the Final- exactly 17 years since the last time! #writteninthestars

Nigel needs to go into the changing room and tell them exactly what this game means to the fans. Tell them the past few months mean nothing now, and to start afresh. Win this game, they have a chance of promotion to the prem. All or nothing, time to go out with a bang. Come on boys!!!

It just goes to show how crazy this division is, we have been piss poor won only 2 games in 16 matches and still are in with a shout of getting into the play-offs!

Personally it's a pipe dream in thinking we could sneak in, we just aren't good enough in my opinion to get the result at Forest and even so, i'm pretty sure Bolton will win and i reckon Palace will beat Millwall

I'm pretty deflated now, but if Forest make the play-offs I'll be devastated.

100% effort from every player is the least I expect.

I would be sick and as for the 100% effort? did we get that in our last game? in my opinion we didn't... Who knows maybe this game certain players may actually wake up?

It's not gonna happen

Get real

And what's being miserable gonna do? To be honest I'd much rather be optimistic and happy now then be miserable afterwards rather than be miserable all the way through. Lighten up and have some belief, that's what being a supporter is all about.

I would be sick and as for the 100% effort? did we get that in our last game? in my opinion we didn't... Who knows maybe this game certain players may actually wake up?

I compleytely disagree, I'm not sure what the Post Match Watford thread says as I don't bother reading them, but as far as I was concerned last night, I though we could've won, especially had we put our chances away first half. I certainly couldn't fault them last night for effort. At the end of the day I thought at 10pm last night that my 40min phone call to the 0844 number to the ticket office off my mobile to get the Forest ticket was in vain. Now, God knows how, it isn't. I'm going there expecting the worst, hoping for the best and to sing my fukin bollocks off for 90+ mins

I compleytely disagree, I'm not sure what the Post Match Watford thread says as I don't bother reading them, but as far as I was concerned last night, I though we could've won, especially had we put our chances away first half. I certainly couldn't fault them last night for effort. At the end of the day I thought at 10pm last night that my 40min phone call to the 0844 number to the ticket office off my mobile to get the Forest ticket was in vain. Now, God knows how, it isn't. I'm going there expecting the worst, hoping for the best and to sing my fukin bollocks off for 90+ mins

What did Wood do?

Konch was awful

Knockaert did **** all

Schlupp was poor

King was average

All in what was a must win game? 5 players hardly doing **** all and the rest weren't great either, infact it sums it up when our best pass of the night was from Kasper! We huffed and puffed and were OK at times but that was it, we never imo looked like EVER winning that game

You got it last night? HOW? :(

That doesn't explain the bloody near misses beforehand though does it? Newcastle had 73% possession at one point today. They lost 6-0

Near misses, you don't win nothing with near misses....

I really couldn't care less about Newcastle, the bottom line is we haven't been good enough, 2 wins in 16 games is the proof!! Are you happy with that form? i'm not, it's been very disappointing to see what i thought would be a team that would be about cementing a play-off place to a team that is basically clutching at straws and hoping other teams lose and we turn up at Forest

It seems like we have a good half and bad half, the 2nd half being better the majority of the time... I don't know why this is but it happened again last night.

Although if it wasn't for that thunderbolt of a goal and another set piece cock up(again) we could have beat them, but I think Watford did look the better team overall.

the fact the we have always been 1 goal in a game is also pretty weird.

Near misses, you don't win nothing with near misses....

I really couldn't care less about Newcastle, the bottom line is we haven't been good enough, 2 wins in 16 games is the proof!! Are you happy with that form? i'm not, it's been very disappointing to see what i thought would be a team that would be about cementing a play-off place to a team that is basically clutching at straws and hoping other teams lose and we turn up at Forest

You also don't win anything with shots on target that the keeper saves. I remember a conversation with my mate in January where he said he'd be, 'furious' if we were in a playoff dogfight come May. I agreed with him, however, I'd have took this chance at 10pm last night.

I agree with Chrisuki, effort was lacking last night and we were outplayed. I never felt we would win the game, Kasper pulled off plenty of saves in the first half but I can't remember their bloke having many.

We got going for a bit when Kane came on, strangely, and for a bit after the goal. Up until that very few players were giving their all. Knocky was just doing half-hearted flicks all night, Wood was lethargic at best, Schlupp the same, King was jogging around showing no desire and De Laet was only interested when he had the ball. I was expecting us to come out and really show some energy and urgency but we didn't show that until it was way too late. And on top of that, almost everyone played shit.

Kasper, James and Kane are the only players who could really come off with their heads held high.

You also don't win anything with shots on target that the keeper saves. I remember a conversation with my mate in January where he said he'd be, 'furious' if we were in a playoff dogfight come May. I agreed with him, however, I'd have took this chance at 10pm last night.

Well of course i'd have took it myself, but they can only blame themselves.. The mental frame of the team since Feb hasn't been right and it's just made me less and less confident in them, even our mini revival didn't fill me with confidence because i still saw a team struggling at times... The pressure got to them and they are now reaping what they sow

I agree with Chrisuki, effort was lacking last night and we were outplayed. I never felt we would win the game, Kasper pulled off plenty of saves in the first half but I can't remember their bloke having many.

We got going for a bit when Kane came on, strangely, and for a bit after the goal. Up until that very few players were giving their all. Knocky was just doing half-hearted flicks all night, Wood was lethargic at best, Schlupp the same, King was jogging around showing no desire and De Laet was only interested when he had the ball. I was expecting us to come out and really show some energy and urgency but we didn't show that until it was way too late.

Kasper, James and Kane are the only players who could really come off with their heads held high.

Agree with this first half no desire at all, players jogging around just not looking bothered at all.

2nd half we was much better though.

We got going for a bit when Kane came on, strangely, and for a bit after the goal. Up until that very few players were giving their all. Knocky was just doing half-hearted flicks all night, Wood was lethargic at best, Schlupp the same, King was jogging around showing no desire and De Laet was only interested when he had the ball. I was expecting us to come out and really show some energy and urgency but we didn't show that until it was way too late. And on top of that, almost everyone played shit.

Spot on! i kept thinking to myself after we scored we need to show urgency, we need to get into them and i just never saw it... We tried but it was all huffing and puffing stuff, we had the good chance with Marshall but i can't remember many more chances before or after that.. It was all hope and no real guile or craft and that has been lacking for ages

Archived