Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_Nige

'Plastic' fans

When I last had a ST (about 10yrs ago) the 2 guys with ST's next to me were an Irish man and his teenage son.

The Irish man probably turned up to about 10 games, his son would always arrive 10 mins after kick off and leave

15 mins before the game finished. I suppose to some on here they were proper fans.

The criteria to being a real fan is having a season ticket actually so you qualify. Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of clubs, they make a financial commitment each season towards the club. They care that much about the club that they make that investment. 

OK ! I suddently found out that my commitment since 1971 arn't for real. I was at Filbert Street first time in 1981 and at Walkers against Colchester in div 3. One of the highligts of the week is to turn on fox player and listen to the match. As i am a norwegian and  live there its not that easy to turn up at almost every game. 

But I know that my connection to LCFC and my passion for the club IS REAL !

Next time I travel to Leicester some time in october I wish one thing for the kids and youngsters that I meet. I hope that they will develop the same passion for the club that I have. That passion make life worth living  :scarf:  :scarf:

OK ! I suddently found out that my commitment since 1971 arn't for real. I was at Filbert Street first time in 1981 and at Walkers against Colchester in div 3. One of the highligts of the week is to turn on fox player and listen to the match. As i am a norwegian and  live there its not that easy to turn up at almost every game. 

But I know that my connection to LCFC and my passion for the club IS REAL !

Next time I travel to Leicester some time in october I wish one thing for the kids and youngsters that I meet. I hope that they will develop the same passion for the club that I have. That passion make life worth living  :scarf:  :scarf:

I think getting bothered about 'plastic fans' is something you grow out of. 

When I last had a ST (about 10yrs ago) the 2 guys with ST's next to me were an Irish man and his teenage son.

The Irish man probably turned up to about 10 games, his son would always arrive 10 mins after kick off and leave

15 mins before the game finished. I suppose to some on here they were proper fans.

yeah, i've never understood the turn up 5 mins late, leave 5 mins before half time, get back 5 mins late for 2nd half, leave 5 mins early brigade. 

Not if the twonks are taking my seats. STH should have had a day of sales with an option to buy 2 per ticket

Much as I would like that to be the case 2 per  not going to happen even for Wembley.  our seats were safe till Tuesday that was 3 days

I basically don't agree with the concept of a plastic fan. Every fan of LCFC supports Leicester City, but simply attend matches to varying degrees depending upon their own circumstances. Someone that chooses/can only afford to go to 5/6 games a season is no less of a fan than those with a ST and/or away fans. Not everyone has the time and money to go to every game.

But having said that, last night I let my emotions get the better of me, when almost immediately after we'd all sat down after Nugent's goal and the two chances immediately afterwards, a group of 3 blokes get up and start shuffling out. WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFF SEMI FINAL FFS, and here these 3 are leaving so they can be home 10 mins earlier. That is my only definition of a plastic fan!

Me and my mate did the same, but stood and watched from exit,

in our case it means we get back too cornwall at 3.30 in morning instead of 4.30

Agree, doesn't matter how you support Leicester, we all do it in our own way.

Money and time permitted I would like to be at every game, home and away, and do get to a lot.

That said that doesn't mean I am more or less of a Leicester fan than somebody that listens on the radio or watches on tv.

We have to respect that we all have different circumstances, and priorities, you don't have to live and breath Leicester city to be a supporter.

But good post, a lot on here think it's a competition, who is the best, most loyal city fan.

We are all Leicester city fans, and all want the club to do well.

This

Agree, doesn't matter how you support Leicester, we all do it in our own way.

Money and time permitted I would like to be at every game, home and away, and do get to a lot.

That said that doesn't mean I am more or less of a Leicester fan than somebody that listens on the radio or watches on tv.

We have to respect that we all have different circumstances, and priorities, you don't have to live and breath Leicester city to be a supporter.

But good post, a lot on here think it's a competition, who is the best, most loyal city fan.

We are all Leicester city fans, and all want the club to do well.

Absobloodylutely! Wholeheartedled agree here. 20 years ago I did 25 games a season home and away. Now I live in Reading for my 6 day a week job and can only manage 1 or 2 games  a season. I did manage the drive on Thur night though (which ended up being a 10 hour round trip due to traffic). Does that make me plastic? Or fantastic?!....

I know people who don't have season tickets, probably only go to about half the home games and chuck in an handful of away games. But these people have supported the club through thick and thin before family commitments and mortgage ties, followed home and away even through the pleat years when waiting for an away win was like waiting for your lottery numbers to come in. These people are as passionate about the club now as they were then, and more passionate than some season ticket holders now. These plastic fan accusations are bollocks and to be honest it's cringy to see them being made. Who cares how often they go if they're supporting the City, empty seats don't make any noise.

at last someone with a sensible post. starting to get fed up with thread everyone on this forum is a leicester city fan if you go to 1 2 3 4 etc etc matches a season there is no plastic fan on here so lets stop this thread from going any further.

You can only be a true fan if you have done at least one season of every home and away game.........I have.

Very commendable, but you haven't seenitall, cos sometimes there is more to life..... Attendance doesn't necessarily = love for LCFC. Respect for all types of supporters I say, even it they are naked and covered in cling film!....

Manchester utd,Chelsea,Liverpool,Arsenal and to a lesser extent Manchester City can have "plastic fans" for me!I allways find it funny when i talk to a "fan" who supports,lets say Man Utd and i as a city fan have been to Old Trafford more times than the "utd fan".I dont think as an unfasionable club who havn't played in the top league for 10 years it is possible for us to have "plastics".

Archived