Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_Nige

'Plastic' fans

There seems to be a lot of negativity and resentment on here already about 'fair weather' fans etc. If we go up of course many, many more people will come out of the woodwork and hopefully most games will be a sell out. Is there really any need to resent or worse be angry with these people? 

Yeah you can be proud that you've been there through thick and thin but there's no point resenting people who haven't. That attitude reeks of 'small club' to me and I hope we nip it in the bud pretty soon. As long as you can get a ticket what's the problem?

Personally I'm all for it. I'd love to think in 15 years time there'll be kids in Liverpool and Manchester making claims to being Leicester fans cause their Grandad drove past  on the M1 once  ;)

Sorry if this is all premature but this attitude does annoy me.

BRING IT ON!  :scarf:

There seems to be a lot of negativity and resentment on here already about 'fair weather' fans etc. If we go up of course many, many more people will come out of the woodwork and hopefully most games will be a sell out. Is there really any need to resent or worse be angry with these people? 

Yeah you can be proud that you've been there through thick and thin but there's no point resenting people who haven't. That attitude reeks of 'small club' to me and I hope we nip it in the bud pretty soon. As long as you can get a ticket what's the problem?

Personally I'm all for it. I'd love to think in 15 years time there'll be kids in Liverpool and Manchester making claims to being Leicester fans cause their Grandad drove past  on the M1 once  ;)

Sorry if this is all premature but this attitude does annoy me.

BRING IT ON!  :scarf:

BigNO.gif?width=721

Agree, doesn't matter how you support Leicester, we all do it in our own way.

Money and time permitted I would like to be at every game, home and away, and do get to a lot.

That said that doesn't mean I am more or less of a Leicester fan than somebody that listens on the radio or watches on tv.

We have to respect that we all have different circumstances, and priorities, you don't have to live and breath Leicester city to be a supporter.

But good post, a lot on here think it's a competition, who is the best, most loyal city fan.

We are all Leicester city fans, and all want the club to do well.

Not if the twonks are taking my seats. STH should have had a day of sales with an option to buy 2 per ticket

Why?

Surely only the STH should be rewarded on a STH 'day'.

The only thing I don't agree with is the fact there's not been a day for STH sales only, or there's no difference is price for STH.

This would annoy me as well.

Didn't we get both for the Cardiff home leg?

The only thing I don't agree with is the fact there's not been a day for STH sales only, or there's no difference is price for STH.

This was my point.

I've put my faith in the team and bought a season ticket, and in my opinion should have had the chance to get my seats without a fiasco.

A plastic fan is anyone who hasn't been to every single game since 1965 (including reserves) and hasn't got a tattoo of Arthur Chandler somewhere on their body.

They make me sick! :sick:

This was my point.

I've put my faith in the team and bought a season ticket, and in my opinion should have had the chance to get my seats without a fiasco.

We have til 8pm tuesday, you dont need to get involved  in todays fiasco.

STH seats are reserved until Tuesday.

We have til 8pm tuesday, you dont need to get involved  in todays fiasco.

All well and good, but I cant buy them.

They wont answer the phone, LCFC Direct is crashing / timing out.

Not being funny but the best away games are when we have less fans and often it is the same with home games. Norwich (FA Cup) and Forest (yesterday) are 2 of the best away games I've ever been to in comparison to times where we have had much bigger numbers (Birmingham, Peterborough etc). 2,000 die hard fans make more atmosphere than 5,000 plus including day trippers. 

The games where we have a big crowd at home don't give a better atmosphere in fact most times it's worse, plus if the team doesn't live up to day trippers expectations, that's when the boos often start. 

Buy them tomorrow then. What difference does it make?

I don't like the idea of a lot of new fans getting season tickets and then the fans who have supported leicester for the last 10 years have to fight them for away ticket. Personally it won't effect me as i will be priority 2 but i feel sorry for the proper fans who won't be able to get tickets to the big games.

We have til 8pm tuesday, you dont need to get involved in todays fiasco.

All well and good if the ticket office actually sell the away tickets to genuine p1 sth's, but if they pull another stunt like they did against Forest and sell them to anyone who randomly claims to be a p1 sth, then I'll be fuming if I miss out again.

All well and good if the ticket office actually sell the away tickets to genuine p1 sth's, but if they pull another stunt like they did against Forest and sell them to anyone who randomly claims to be a p1 sth, then I'll be fuming if I miss out again.

im talking about the home game.

Archived