Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_Nige

'Plastic' fans

The criteria to being a real fan is having a season ticket actually so you qualify. Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of clubs, they make a financial commitment each season towards the club. They care that much about the club that they make that investment. 

I've been to at least 10 games a season for the last 25yrs.

I've also been a season ticket holder as have my wife and 2 kids.

Now with 2 teenagers and 1 payrise in 4yrs I simply cannot afford a season ticket.

I guess this makes me not a real fan.

Maybe if we get to Wembley you will be happy if we just take 15k real fans.

I love how people think they can justify posting shite by adding imo on the end.

For me the distinction was and is simple.

Who have you come to watch?  Leicester or the opposition?

Once a season or STH doesn't matter.  I'm limited to home games now plus an odd one away [Torquay, the only one this season].  I don't care who we play. 

If we get to Wembley, they'll all be there but they will be there to watch us.  Next season, if we get promoted then the "plastics" will arrive. An easy way to see "thier" team get stuffed out of sight by a "big" club so that they can say that they were right not to go every week because we are rubbish.

Frankly I don't want to see Man Ure with Rooney et al.  I'd sooner see us play thier under 11's.

Was a season ticket holder for 3 years, couldn't get one due to work commitments this year, am I classed as a plastic armchair fan? There needs to be some sort of dictionary entry on the word, because us so called 'fans' are struggling to label ourselves here.

Help would be much appreciated.

Similar to myself, was a STH for 5 years before this season. The last 12 months have been a bit tipsy turkey and I couldn't afford it. Now I'm a bit more settled I'll get one next season.

Does this mean that I was relegated fon the promised land of 'Proper Fan' into the abysmal lower leagues of plastic fan for a season? I feel like I've already got automatic promotion back up to a real hard core fan again.

Viva ****ing Andy.

I agree that it has to be more entertaining following us rather than a top 4 club though. Even though I wasn't at forest, nor listening to the game as I was elsewhere (plastic plastic) I was still jumping about when I found out via FT that we had done it. Amazing feeling.

I don't give a shit what any of you think to be fair. We had 2,000 die hard P1&P2 season ticket holders yesterday at Forest (I know there are some suggesting others got tickets). The atmosphere was one of the best that I've been to in recent years at least since Norwich in the FA Cup which was also only 2,000 fans again 90% P1&P2 season ticket holders. When the King Power has higher attendances is often when the players get booed off and when we have higher attendances away from home the atmosphere is awful. So basically I've offered you my opinion in a non aggressive manner but to be honest you can just get ****ed because I'm not bothered what you think.

I don't give a shit what any of you think to be fair. We had 2,000 die hard P1&P2 season ticket holders yesterday at Forest (I know there are some suggesting others got tickets). The atmosphere was one of the best that I've been to in recent years at least since Norwich in the FA Cup which was also only 2,000 fans again 90% P1&P2 season ticket holders. When the King Power has higher attendances is often when the players get booed off and when we have higher attendances away from home the atmosphere is awful. So basically I've offered you my opinion in a non aggressive manner but to be honest you can just get ****ed because I'm not bothered what you think.

Quality opener lol

All you plastic fans **** off. You only pop up when we start to do well. Some **** today was chatting about how excited he is to be going to the Watford game on Thursday and I told him he's not a real fan and he asked me why? So I told him, he's not been to a game since January and all he's done since we've been on this run is come out with the biggest load of shit running. "Same old Leicester", "The players are overpaid shit", "Pearson out", "Pearson knows nothing" blah blah blah. Now all of a sudden he was saying he's gonna kick off and complain to the club if we get to the final and he can't get a ticket to Wembley. 

You aren't real fans, just admit it and don't get moody like a woman about the fact that you aren't real fans. Just be plastic and proud because that is all you are.

Why the hell do we have a thread like this at such a great time in the season and club history?  Enjoy it!   Bragging about how much you are a PROPER fan over and above some others who have a different supporter profile is ridiculous. All clubs at this level (lower PL & Championship) have a spectrum of support. Accept it.  Man U fans they is not....

Mysogynistic shite from you  I highlight. Adjust your attitude (school) boy!

Heres an example If you are a smoker and you can't afford a season ticket. A season ticket in the Kop cost's £399. That equates to just under 61 packets of Sterling red 20's. So basically if you smoke 3.35 cigarettes a day. If you gave up you could afford a season ticket. Plus you'd be cutting your risk of lung cancer and you'd be helping the NHS. But some people can't afford to make "sacrifices".

or If you like a drink.

A 4 pack of Stella Artois 440ml cost's £4.25. That's just under 94 packs for £399 (the cost of a season ticket).

Heres an example If you are a smoker and you can't afford a season ticket. A season ticket in the Kop cost's £399. That equates to just under 61 packets of Sterling red 20's. So basically if you smoke 3.35 cigarettes a day. If you gave up you could afford a season ticket. Plus you'd be cutting your risk of lung cancer and you'd be helping the NHS. But some people can't afford to make "sacrifices".

or If you like a drink.

A 4 pack of Stella Artois 440ml cost's £4.25. That's just under 94 packs for £399 (the cost of a season ticket).

You don't half talk some shite lol

Why the hell do we have a thread like this at such a great time in the season and club history?  Enjoy it!   Bragging about how much you are a PROPER fan over and above some others who have a different supporter profile is ridiculous. All clubs at this level (lower PL & Championship) have a spectrum of support. Accept it.  Man U fans they is not....

Mysogynistic shite from you  I highlight. Adjust your attitude (school) boy!

Nice vocabulary from you. Shame you spelt it wrong. Plus I don't hate women just ask the Mrs she will tell you.

or If you like a drink.

WTF are you on ?

or If you like a drink.

Or put it this way

Income 1600 a month for house

450 rent

700 childcare

200 shopping (clothes/food/essentials)

That leaves 250 a month for bills and any other requirements

The above is almost every month, so please explain how I can afford a season ticket AND travel and costs to each and every game??

You don't have to like my opinion but it is my opinion that real fans of Leicester City are those that go to every home game. Come rain or shine they are there to support the team, they make the financial investment at the beginning of the season to help the club, they make the investment so that the club can continue to develop. They don't choose certain games to go to like other fans, they make sacrifices to see their team play at home for every game of the season. Without the season ticket holder clubs would struggle. That is what makes you a real fan in my eyes. If your one of those fans that turn up to a few home games a season and 1-2 away games and watch us on TV when we are on SORRY but to me you aren't a real fan. Don't like it fair enough but it's my opinion.

So would you have a season ticket if you had to travel over 600 miles for every home match?

I've been to at least 10 games a season for the last 25yrs.

I've also been a season ticket holder as have my wife and 2 kids.

Now with 2 teenagers and 1 payrise in 4yrs I simply cannot afford a season ticket.

I guess this makes me not a real fan.

Maybe if we get to Wembley you will be happy if we just take 15k real fans.

I love how people think they can justify posting shite by adding imo on the end.

for me a real fan is someone who goes to every game they can if someone can't afford it and just go to games when they can afford it i think there real fans. Real fans are fans that went to as many games as possible in league 1 as well as the championship. However what i and i imagine others don't like is people who have never even thought of going to a leicester game in the championship. IF leicester get to the premier league a lot of 'plastic' fans would simply be there to watch the opposition and i don't think they will add anything to the atmosphere of the games. And yes i would class you as a real fan.

Nice vocabulary from you. Shame you spelt it wrong. Plus I don't hate women just ask the Mrs she will tell you.

Sorry for myspellinggg, 'misogynistic'. Came over all Shakespearian. Must be the Stellas. Where you buying it? £4 plus for 4 x 440ml cans.  Plastic drinker!  £22 for a slab of 24 x 500ml me. Proper Stella fan. You're being ripped off....

I'll ask your 'missus' next time we meet.  Tell her though, she has to contribute to the drinks before we chuck the car keys on the table.

or If you like a drink.

Its not the £399 season ticket cost that is the problem its the £2500+ travelling costs it would involve with a season ticket plus being able to get to make 10 hours available around matches for travel when you got a job to pay for the travelling costs.

Archived