Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_Nige

'Plastic' fans

Oh dear didn't you like that

I'm just pointing out that you are one of the BinHeads that takes everything so seriously. Do you always have a point to prove? Did something happen to you as a kid that you wanna share with the group? At least it's the bank holiday and you don't have work tomorrow mate. (Waits for abuse that I expressed a generalisation that you work when actually you are on benefits). 

Meh, if you havent got up at 3am to listen to a dodgy radio/internet stream of a Leicester game, you're all plastic.

Fooking loooxury, going down to the stadium, sitting in your comfy plastic seats on a pleasant evening or a sunny saturday afternoon and actually seeing the game and feeling the atmosphere...anyone can do that.. lets face it 20,000+ do it every week.

Dancing around a darkened lounge alone at 4.30am with earphones in to avoid waking the house. now THATS a REAL supporter  :thumbup:  :ph34r:   

Meh, if you havent got up at 3am to listen to a dodgy radio/internet stream of a Leicester game, you're all plastic.

Fooking loooxury, going down to the stadium, sitting in your comfy plastic seats on a pleasant evening or a sunny saturday afternoon and actually seeing the game and feeling the atmosphere...anyone can do that.. lets face it 20,000+ do it every week.

Dancing around a darkened lounge alone at 4.30am with earphones in to avoid waking the house. now THATS a REAL supporter  :thumbup:  :ph34r:   

quite clearly you have not lived in this country for a while and nostalgia has taken over fact. ;-)

This sort of thread annoys me so much , for ten years of my life in the 90's i went to pretty much every game home and most games away i spent thousdands travelling up and down the country , but now due to my work and a few other reasons i cant do that anymore , i think its something thats alot easier to do when your younger. But im am so ****ing annoyed when some little toe rags come on an accuse me of not being as big a fan as them i was probably going to games before your parents even decided to produce a bastard child.

I had a season ticket in 03/04. Does that make me a real fan despite not being able to go to many games any more? I work 6 days a week but still feel the same kind of emotion, passion, delight, joy, tears, sadness and despair every time Leicester play as a fan who goes to each and every single game. And I commend and admire those who make every game or near enough. Good on them. I'm just thankful that most of the people I know who do that are sound people, unlike GingerrrFox who if he backtracks any further he'll be back in a different era.

I know all of the players' names and what they look like (apparently that matters a lot). But because I don't go to many games, I'm not a real fan? Bullshit. I love Leicester just as much as a supposedly 'real fan' does. 

There is only one thing for it, as there is no such thing as a plastic fan, a fan is a fan, but due to the amount of ignorant, arrogant people on here, who believe they are the only true supporters because they are season ticket holders, or go to away games, be plastic and proud.

So if you are somebody who these people class as plastic, the ones who have a life other than Leicester city, have a home and family to support on a limited budget, or simple cant afford the prices, and as a lot of you live to far away, and you can make Thursday, get down the kp and back your team.

And this chant would be for you

We are plastic fans

And we will come if we want.

Ignore the ignorant and follow OUR club however you can.

A 'plastic' fan should be counted as someone who doesnt come to any game in the season despite being able to, and then as soon as we make the play-offs are buying tickets and 'supporting' Leicester after they see a bit of glory, and if we lose, probably be off back to supporting United again.

Not people who if they could, would go to games but are unable to (Work, family commitments) But still love Leicester as much as ST holders and fans who go away.

I've followed City since my God father took me down when I was 7.

Since then I've had a season ticket some years, didnt have one when I was at Uni and have had one for the past six/seven seasons. I had one season when I was 18 when I went to every game, home and away, including all the pre season friendlies. Cost me a fookin fortune!!

I think being a City supporter doesn't mean you have to be a ST holder or go to every game.

People have work commitments, financial worries and other priorities in their lives. It still makes them real fans if they follow the fortunes of the club and love the history and tradition of Leicester City.

All this 'plastic fans' and all that is just nonsense IMO. And I can't stand the 'loyal supporters' chant.

Well said Col

So to get back to my original point with this thread...

We're all agreed to lose the resentment towards 'plastic' fans yeah? Seems like it after 10 pages of intellectual discourse. Ahem.

Let's lose the small club mentality and come one, come all to the Prem! 

Woo!  :scarf:  :pearson:

I'm not bothered because we all support Leicester and I like to see the ground full, however, I wouldn't want people sitting near me and not be bothered about the game.

I don't like the idea of a lot of new fans getting season tickets and then the fans who have supported leicester for the last 10 years have to fight them for away ticket. Personally it won't effect me as i will be priority 2 but i feel sorry for the proper fans who won't be able to get tickets to the big games.

could you define a "proper fan" for me please? and you have a problem with new fans?

This sort of thread annoys me so much , for ten years of my life in the 90's i went to pretty much every game home and most games away i spent thousdands travelling up and down the country , but now due to my work and a few other reasons i cant do that anymore , i think its something thats alot easier to do when your younger. But im am so ****ing annoyed when some little toe rags come on an accuse me of not being as big a fan as them i was probably going to games before your parents even decided to produce a bastard child.

right with you on this i uses to do same in 80s and 90s but know but certain people on this forum ie fif and steveoutkent or whoever called me a plastic fan . i for one will back you in this thread. i wounder how many of this fans on this website are going on thursday but have hardly gone down this season.

I basically don't agree with the concept of a plastic fan. Every fan of LCFC supports Leicester City, but simply attend matches to varying degrees depending upon their own circumstances. Someone that chooses/can only afford to go to 5/6 games a season is no less of a fan than those with a ST and/or away fans. Not everyone has the time and money to go to every game.

But having said that, last night I let my emotions get the better of me, when almost immediately after we'd all sat down after Nugent's goal and the two chances immediately afterwards, a group of 3 blokes get up and start shuffling out. WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFF SEMI FINAL FFS, and here these 3 are leaving so they can be home 10 mins earlier. That is my only definition of a plastic fan!

I know people who don't have season tickets, probably only go to about half the home games and chuck in an handful of away games. But these people have supported the club through thick and thin before family commitments and mortgage ties, followed home and away even through the pleat years when waiting for an away win was like waiting for your lottery numbers to come in. These people are as passionate about the club now as they were then, and more passionate than some season ticket holders now. These plastic fan accusations are bollocks and to be honest it's cringy to see them being made. Who cares how often they go if they're supporting the City, empty seats don't make any noise.

Archived