Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wight88

Watford - more dislikeable than most

I dare predict what will happen pal aha. 

Something we can all agree on though, it'll be ruddy hilarious watching Hull get destroyed week in week out next season.

Hull may very well beat Derby's record of 11 points lol

As are we. It's a massive unknown of which Watford and which Leicester will turn up on the day, what tactics each team will employ and whether there's gonna be bad refereeing or anything like that. That's what makes it so exciting in a one-off situation like the play-offs (although over two legs). The tie is finely poised with us only just edging it. Far from over and I for one am bricking it. Just want us to play well and if we're beaten because Watford play us off the park then fair enough. But if we go and don't perform then we've just bottled it and that will be more disappointing than anything

Phil Dowd at the referee ... Not sure how that bodes for either team really. 

Essentially, if we turn up and Deeney plays well, then it'll be a corking game

Phil Dowd at the referee ... Not sure how that bodes for either team really. 

Essentially, if we turn up and Deeney plays well, then it'll be a corking game

Is Deeney really that good? All you lot seem to be delighted he's back

To be fair I don't hate any club really but I do hate Zola. He is a ****. He is an arrogant willy puller and to make it worse the first leicester game i can remember he scored and chelsea won. But to be fair reading the watford forum there are some wankers but most are realistic and seem ok people. Also there are some wankers on here so yeah.

Zola is exceptionally likeable, it could just be me but I hate Chelsea and I still don't understand how anyone could hate him!

He always hugs the opposition manager, win or lose.

:pearson:  and him seem to get along really well

Deeney is our only striker on form, and seems to be the only player in the entire team who hasn't really been rotated this season. We were ridiculously predictable on Thursday and Deeney is great for variety - really good at holding the ball up, winning headers and at shots outside the area. We need him.

Hu11 + or - ? I think they'll scrape 8

Zola is exceptionally likeable, it could just be me but I hate Chelsea and I still don't understand how anyone could hate him!

He always hugs the opposition manager, win or lose.

:pearson:  and him seem to get along really well

Deeney is our only striker on form, and seems to be the only player in the entire team who hasn't really been rotated this season. We were ridiculously predictable on Thursday and Deeney is great for variety - really good at holding the ball up, winning headers and at shots outside the area. We need him.

Hu11 + or - ? I think they'll scrape 8

Its just his interviews recently really, its changed my opinion. Before that I didn't really mind him.

"Player of the Season"....  :ph34r:

Didn't Watford vote Abdi as their player of the season though?

They did, Abdi's been great all year.

Vydra has basically mimicked Torres time in England, in just one season. Scored 20 goals in a couple of months, but now he's exhausted and useless.

Had only played a couple of games in the two years previous due injury though, could explain it.

Hey, I said 'barely', not 'no shots' ;)

haaa. Fair enough!

Vydra player's POTS

Abdi fans POTS

Oh ok. Who do you think has been better. While the player's player of the season is usually spot on I'd say the fan's one is in fact a better gauge. Morgan cleaned up for us

haaa. Fair enough!

Oh ok. Who do you think has been better. While the player's player of the season is usually spot on I'd say the fan's one is in fact a better gauge. Morgan cleaned up for us

Vydra scored vital goals, but has gone dry.

Abdi has been consistent all season. 

Nice research, hah. All that you have proved is that in a thread about dislikeable Watford, you've topped the lot.

Not sure what Doyley has done to you. Top lad, legend, playing out of position all season. Not a technical master but he does the job... don't remember any of your attacking lot get passed him once.

I remember three separate occasions off the top of my head.

And I don't know what that first statement means, I've topped the lot? Huh? Profound stuff.

Geniuses. Whatever will they think of next eh? Probably sign some Italian World Cup winner on a free transfer with Udinese, just for accounting purposes with no intention of ever playing him, and then just loan him straight to Watford that day. Nah, maybe a bit too unrealistic...

Di Natale's coming next season, didn't you know?

Watford are a smalli(sh) club (and that's no disrespect Watford fans, you have been in the top flight more recently than us), and they are in an area where Premier League teams, especially good Premier League teams, are only a short distance away. Where as, we are a one club City, like Leeds.

It's just like when people critisize Wigan, but they compete in a tough area of the Country (Lancashire), with the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City etc. The attendances arguement pops up sometimes, and it's just annoying.

I don't mind Watford personally. Changed my opinion recently due to some of their fans (I enhance the word 'some').

People ignore  rugby as competition  Wigan and Leicester  have two of the best sides in the country. and their crowds   reflect  it

People ignore  rugby as competition  Wigan and Leicester  have two of the best sides in the country. and their crowds   reflect  it

Where do you think Saracens have been playing for the last 10 or so years

Where do you think Saracens have been playing for the last 10 or so years

Funnily enough my in laws who are avid Tigers fans have always been at pains to describe Saracens fans as an arrogant and unlikeable lot. Seems to be a recurrent theme here boys and girls......

I don't have any dislike for Watford/Udinese B atall, this thread is just plain funny imo. They are a small family club, have a decent manager in Zola and have played some cracking football at times this season! Like most i feel the game tomorrow could go either way and I am loving the over confidence that is eminating from some of their fans. Personally I think the "slender" 1-0 lead is actually quite significant, they have been better away than at home and will have to chase the game, that I feel will play firmly into our hands. As for any threat element from their fans I think a Girl Guides Jamboree could be more threatening :P

Archived