Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wight88

Watford - more dislikeable than most

I actually quite liked Leicester until I read this thread. All it proves is that you're shi**ing bricks about tomorrows 2nd leg. Personally I have been quite realistic about our chances since we lost to Leeds last week, in that I thought we'd blown it and half expected you to win over 2 legs. All this thread has done is make me want to absolutely smash you tomorrow, utterly and completely.

Well done, you should be proud.

I actually quite liked Leicester until I read this thread. All it proves is that you're shi**ing bricks about tomorrows 2nd leg. Personally I have been quite realistic about our chances since we lost to Leeds last week, in that I thought we'd blown it and half expected you to win over 2 legs. All this thread has done is make me want to absolutely smash you tomorrow, utterly and completely.

You should see what most of your lot have posted throughout this forum and your own forum. Then come back and tell us what's going on  :thumbup:

shut up loanford fan, have you seen the ridiculous threads and posts on your own forum?

Watford will not change the way they play, with the game at 1-0 there is no need to chase the game until the latter stages, they have players that are experienced in playing two leg games so will be interesting to see how you approach the game

Watford will not change the way they play, with the game at 1-0 there is no need to chase the game until the latter stages, they have players that are experienced in playing two leg games so will be interesting to see how you approach the game

Really? I do hope Zola has the same philosophy, my understanding was you have to win by 2 clear goals to progress. Please feel free to  correct me if I'm wrong.

tumblr_mmlurttmkf1rx0g0oo1_400.png

Did some research and these are my findings. Hodson hasn't made any appearances for Watford this season as far as I can tell.

So for all your homegrown bullshit it hasn't come to much. I think it's fair to say our players have had a far greater impact on our season than yours i.e. you produce a bucket load of players but they're mostly shit (e.g. Doyley).

You're welcome.

I don't believe this. You lot are having a go at us for brining in foreigners which stifle homegrown talent, then do research to back it up, and then, finding that we use more of our academy players in more games than you do, still find a ridiculous way to argue that we don't. Have you considered politics as a career?

I don't believe this. You lot are having a go at us for brining in foreigners which stifle homegrown talent, then do research to back it up, and then, finding that we use more of our academy players in more games than you do, still find a ridiculous way to argue that we don't. Have you considered politics as a career?

Your supporters claimed you are superb at using homegrown players in the team. They then went on to suggest that Watford were far superior than us in this respect.

My research shows that the gap is not as large as you would like to believe. I also get the impression (although I have no evidence to back it up) that our homegrown players are better than yours and contribute more individually.

They're fvcked next season, the FA will step in and block this exploitative behaviour.

I don't know why Watord are bothering to be quite honest, they're going to lose these players next season under the changes that will be made and they simply won't be good enough for the PL.

I don't have any dislike for Watford/Udinese B atall, this thread is just plain funny imo. They are a small family club, have a decent manager in Zola and have played some cracking football at times this season! Like most i feel the game tomorrow could go either way and I am loving the over confidence that is eminating from some of their fans. Personally I think the "slender" 1-0 lead is actually quite significant, they have been better away than at home and will have to chase the game, that I feel will play firmly into our hands. As for any threat element from their fans I think a Girl Guides Jamboree could be more threatening :P

This is all completely true.

I don't think we will panic, but we are definitely better when playing on the break. We aren't good when teams sit deep, which you can afford to do.

They're fvcked next season, the FA will step in and block this exploitative behaviour.

I don't know why Watord are bothering to be quite honest, they're going to lose these players next season under the changes that will be made and they simply won't be good enough for the PL.

Just when I thought your fans were starting to get it, one idiot clearly can't comprehend all the points that have been given above...

Just when I thought your fans were starting to get it, one idiot clearly can't comprehend all the points that have been given above...

And they are? I've looked through the last page and I can't see anything that goes against what I've said.

Enlighten me...

EDIT: Ok, just seen it. You're claiming the rules won't be changed. So they'll continue to allow an unlimited number of foreign loans but keep the cap of 5 on domestic players in the starting eleven? Seems unlikely.

In my opinion Watford's actions this season have been one of the worst forms of cheating I've seen, you're using your owners' ownership of various clubs to gain an advantage - something that is simply not an option to others.

Continue to defend it if you wish, I hope the footballing authorities see sense and clamp down on this exploitative and manipulative behaviour that Watford are all too willing to engage in.

And they are? I've looked through the last page and I can't see anything that goes against what I've said.

Enlighten me...

EDIT: Ok, just seen it. You're claiming the rules won't be changed. So they'll continue to allow an unlimited number of foreign loans but keep the cap of 5 on domestic players in the starting eleven? Seems unlikely.

In my opinion Watford's actions this season have been one of the worst forms of cheating I've seen, you're using your owners' ownership of various clubs to gain an advantage - something that is simply not an option to others.

Continue to defend it if you wish, I hope the footballing authorities see sense and clamp down on this exploitative and manipulative behaviour that Watford are all too willing to engage in.

Either the rules won't be changed, or they will and we will adapt. They could try and block owner-owner transfers, but our club is actually owned the by Udinese owners son ect. I struggle to think of one rule that would stop us.

I completely disagree with your second point. It is in the rules, and available to any club in the country to do. But no one will.

It has actually taken everyone by surprise how well we have done. Nobody thought that blending all these new players into the English Championship would work, and nobody even criticised us until we started winning games. Zola has done a brilliant job to keep everyone happy.

The thing that is ridiculous, is that you argue that our system is unfair: "you're using your owners' ownership of various clubs to gain an advantage - something that is simply not an option to others."

Surely having a rich, foreign owner, who is willing to throw millions at the club gives you an unfair advantage that discriminates against other teams in the division? I cannot see how having a rich foreign owner who lives abroad and is able spend 10 million pounds in the Championship, is less damaging and more fair to the other clubs. If you're arguing that football is all about trying to gain unfair advantages and it is all corrupt, then that is a separate argument. Or are you just annoyed that a team has spend millions of pounds less than you and finished above you? Whether we will get to Wembley, we don't know - actually we don't care all too much. We will get there eventually. Our owners have a long term model to play young exciting talent in England (those from abroad alongside those from our academy) and then sell them on to other clubs. All whilst playing sexy football.

We are all incredibly excited.

Really? I do hope Zola has the same philosophy, my understanding was you have to win by 2 clear goals to progress. Please feel free to  correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes Watford do have to score one goal to even it up and they have 90 minutes to do it. if they do they could still get to Wembley without having to score again, how good are your penalty takers, Watford haven't missed one all season with three different takers. They don't need to win by two clear goals so why do they need to chase the game early on

Yes Watford do have to score one goal to even it up and they have 90 minutes to do it. if they do they could still get to Wembley without having to score again, how good are your penalty takers, Watford haven't missed one all season with three different takers. They don't need to win by two clear goals so why do they need to chase the game early on

Different scenario taking one in a play off semi to taking one during the season. Incomparable

doesn't matter how good our penalty takers are, we've got kasper

Watford fans are obviously concerned about their loanee situation because every time its mentioned they go all defensive about it. 

Watford fans get defensive because such a lot of rubbish is sprouted in the media and on forums by people that have not got a clue, if I was being pedantic I would tell you that Watford actually have only two loanee's and they are Chalobah from Chelsea and Briggs from Fulham so they have less than you. What you and the media incorrectly call loan's are infact temporary transfers under FIFA rules and are for six months or one year and can only be transfered in the regular transfer windows, if you want to look it up I think it is rule 10 but may be wrong on that. The FL cannot stop Watford from signing temporary transfers from another International federation but if they try to change the rule and try to call them the same as a British loan and allow five per match but as I have said previously that they would have to go against FIFA and it may also be in breech of EU employment law. The owner of Watford is not the owner of Udinese and Granada so the FL can not try that route. Although the FL are making noises they could shoot themselves in the foot as FIFA are already trying to put an end to the loan system in Britain as it is only allowed in Britain to be able to loan player outside the transfer window and know where else in the world . The horse has bolted and all it would do is stop other teams from doing it and all Watford will do is sign the players on a free transfer

Watford fans get defensive because such a lot of rubbish is sprouted in the media and on forums by people that have not got a clue, if I was being pedantic I would tell you that Watford actually have only two loanee's and they are Chalobah from Chelsea and Briggs from Fulham so they have less than you. What you and the media incorrectly call loan's are infact temporary transfers under FIFA rules and are for six months or one year and can only be transfered in the regular transfer windows, if you want to look it up I think it is rule 10 but may be wrong on that. The FL cannot stop Watford from signing temporary transfers from another International federation but if they try to change the rule and try to call them the same as a British loan and allow five per match but as I have said previously that they would have to go against FIFA and it may also be in breech of EU employment law. The owner of Watford is not the owner of Udinese and Granada so the FL can not try that route. Although the FL are making noises they could shoot themselves in the foot as FIFA are already trying to put an end to the loan system in Britain as it is only allowed in Britain to be able to loan player outside the transfer window and know where else in the world . The horse has bolted and all it would do is stop other teams from doing it and all Watford will do is sign the players on a free transfer

Well, that's it, I'm voting to get out if we get an EU referendum. :ph34r:

Different scenario taking one in a play off semi to taking one during the season. Incomparable

The same applies to the Leicester players and you have a very young side. I was only pointing out that Watford didn't need to win by two clear goals to go through

i do not understand the vitriol towards us anyway if we were fighting relegation no one would of batted an eyelid.

Perhaps because it appears on some level that you're gaining an advantage by extensively using the loan system in that manner? Of course nobody would've batted an eyelid if you were fighting relegation as it then wouldn't have looked like an advantage

i do not understand the vitriol towards us anyway if we were fighting relegation no one would of batted an eyelid.

Oh you're fvcking boring you lot aren't you. Can we not ban these IP addresses? I'm sick of hearing this lot.

Perhaps because it appears on some level that you're gaining an advantage by extensively using the loan system in that manner? Of course nobody would've batted an eyelid if you were fighting relegation as it then wouldn't have looked like an advantage

So it is ok for teams like Cardiff to be 89 million pound in debt but still function and win the league we have gained no advantage we have broken no rules and FL chairman are voting to keep the rules in place so maybe this will be a way to go for some clubs.

Archived