Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wight88

Watford - more dislikeable than most

tumblr_mmlurttmkf1rx0g0oo1_400.png

Did some research and these are my findings. Hodson hasn't made any appearances for Watford this season as far as I can tell.

So for all your homegrown bullshit it hasn't come to much. I think it's fair to say our players have had a far greater impact on our season than yours i.e. you produce a bucket load of players but they're mostly shit (e.g. Doyley).

You're welcome.

Bit shiite at researching then aren't you... no point pulling out your crayola's and making multicoloured tables, if in all that time you couldn't find that he has made four appearances for us this season...

Bit shiite at researching then aren't you... no point pulling out your crayola's and making multicoloured tables, if in all that time you couldn't find that he has made four appearances for us this season...

Don't blame me, blame your website for not holding that information. Your club clearly don't think him significant enough to write down his appearances.

But if you look at those leicester youth players...

One is now a full wales international, one has been on trial at manchester united this season and is a youth international, and the other was wanted by manchester united at the start of the year and is going to the eu u21 tournament.

The FA are not looking at it at all. The FL are discussing it at their AGM and the chances are that a lot of FL chairman will not vote for any changes, also the International loan or transfer rule is a FIFA rule and the FL will have to take on them if they want change plus the EU could get involved as it could break EU law. If the FL do change it then FIFA will stop the FL allowing emergency loans and loans outside the transfer windows this will close the loophole of teams using the emergency loans to improve their team for a promotion push which is not in the spirit the the law. If the FL do anything to stop Watford they will be to late all it will do is stop other teams from doing it Watford will just sign players on a free rather than on loan and Udinese could still subsidise their wages

you're aware that the FL are also looking at potentially blocking transfers between clubs with multiple owners right?

Therefore you would not be able to loan or sign any players from the other clubs your owners own.

If this happened we would no longer know you as Udinese B, more along the lines of Watford U18's.

One is now a full wales international, one has been on trial at manchester united this season and is a youth international, and the other was wanted by manchester united at the start of the year and is going to the eu u21 tournament.

I'm not saying your youth players aren't talented, I'm sure they are (although Schlupp wasn't exactly great yesterday, his trial at Man Utd did seem to have done him the world of good). I've already said that half of our academy players to make appearances this season aren't really good enough (including Hodson actually).

My only real point was that our loanees certainly arent getting in the way of our actual prospects. That might happen if other clubs employ this policy, but it won't happen to ours.

That is where it would fail because Watford are not owned by the owner of Udinese and Granada they are owned by his son they are already one step ahead of that one and we could sign anyone permanently and two from both Udinese and Granada on loan also I think you can sign under 18's as well

Have never generally gave more than a passing thought to watford anymore than I would Reading Ipswich or Preston, but have to say the whole arrogance about the club the manager and their plastic supporters is noteworthy to say the least. Latest examples of this lovable approach include Zola saying he didn't think we were capable of scoring tonight and the gimp on the post match phone in giving it the big one in his horrible charmless southern accent.

They really do seem like a graceless and arrogant lot from top to bottom I know we all have our share of muppets but there is something that sets this bunch apart that I can't quite put my finger on. Really dislikeable people. Really glad hull and Cardiff went up and not them. At least the likes of Leeds Cardiff and even forest have at least a few shreds of humility and humor about them.

If they win the second leg hope they lose the final. If they lose the second leg hope they get relegated next season.

Watford. Boooo.

Proud of my southern accent Geezer, so watch it mush. You can keep your "Mehs".  lol

I only made it to page two before I gave up through laughter. 
So, sorry if I missed a lot of other digs.

1) Yeah we are far from a London club. K, ta.
2) We're the cocky arrogant Millwall wannabes? Upon leaving yesterday I had one guy come up to be, do a stupid dance, call me a c u next tuesday, give me the finger then start chanting 'we are Premier League, say we are premier league' (THERE'S STILL ANOTHER GAME TO GO, AND THAT'S JUST TO GET TO THE FINAL), and I then had another 40something year old Danny Dyer wannabe almost punch me simply because I said 'I'm sick to death of this city'. 
3) You call us arrogant, and yet this is the, what, 4th season in a row(?) where you've claimed you'll 'walk the league' and (albeit almost this season) mucked it up. 

4) This tie isn't over. Once we get two strikers who can actually kick a ball on target back, it'll be a whole new ball game.

Anyway, the positives from last night; 
Even if it was with the help of those cringeworthy clappers, you did have a quality atmosphere.
However, you slate our attendance and yet this is the first time in 5 visits to the KP where you have actually sold out. 
It turns out not all your fans piss me off; I actually spoke to two decent lads on the train home who were realistic. They said; 'The game was shit for both teams. It should have ended a draw. When Watford get their strikers back it'll be a tough game on Sunday. IT'S NOT OVER YET' y'know, the usual realistic comments that no one else in your fanbase seems to understand. 

Anyway, that's me done. Ciao. (Y'know, cause we're Italian and all...)

That is where it would fail because Watford are not owned by the owner of Udinese and Granada they are owned by his son they are already one step ahead of that one and we could sign anyone permanently and two from both Udinese and Granada on loan also I think you can sign under 18's as well

Geniuses. Whatever will they think of next eh? Probably sign some Italian World Cup winner on a free transfer with Udinese, just for accounting purposes with no intention of ever playing him, and then just loan him straight to Watford that day. Nah, maybe a bit too unrealistic...

tumblr_mmlurttmkf1rx0g0oo1_400.png

Did some research and these are my findings. Hodson hasn't made any appearances for Watford this season as far as I can tell.

So for all your homegrown bullshit it hasn't come to much. I think it's fair to say our players have had a far greater impact on our season than yours i.e. you produce a bucket load of players but they're mostly shit (e.g. Doyley).

You're welcome.

Nice research, hah. All that you have proved is that in a thread about dislikeable Watford, you've topped the lot.

Not sure what Doyley has done to you. Top lad, legend, playing out of position all season. Not a technical master but he does the job... don't remember any of your attacking lot get passed him once.

Precisely. Too much poor journalism on the subject of Watford, these supposed FA rulings and our embargo.

I'm sure your youth players are fine. Generally speaking our older, better home grown players have had to be sold. We have a few youth internationals but it's early days. The first season of a new era.... now we can afford to say no to clubs.

2) We're the cocky arrogant Millwall wannabes? Upon leaving yesterday I had one guy come up to be, do a stupid dance, call me a c u next tuesday, give me the finger then start chanting 'we are Premier League, say we are premier league' (THERE'S STILL ANOTHER GAME TO GO, AND THAT'S JUST TO GET TO THE FINAL), and I then had another 40something year old Danny Dyer wannabe almost punch me simply because I said 'I'm sick to death of this city'. 

3) You call us arrogant, and yet this is the, what, 4th season in a row(?) where you've claimed you'll 'walk the league' and (albeit almost this season) mucked it up. 

4) This tie isn't over. Once we get two strikers who can actually kick a ball on target back, it'll be a whole new ball game.

Even if it was with the help of those cringeworthy clappers, you did have a quality atmosphere.

However, you slate our attendance and yet this is the first time in 5 visits to the KP where you have actually sold out. 

It turns out not all your fans piss me off; I actually spoke to two decent lads on the train home who were realistic. They said; 'The game was shit for both teams. It should have ended a draw. When Watford get their strikers back it'll be a tough game on Sunday. IT'S NOT OVER YET' y'know, the usual realistic comments that no one else in your fanbase seems to understand. 

EVERY club will have it's borderline retarded section of fans. That's football, I'm afraid.

You're tarring a huge fan base with the same moronic brush, making you no worse than the people you've got a gripe with. I could find one or two comments from that Watford forum that paint your support to be bell ends (and there's plenty to pick from from the deluded fragment of your fanbase) - but if you read this forum thoroughly instead of jumping to conclusions after a skim read and a couple of bad experiences last night - you'd realise we do have some reasonable chaps / chapettes amongst us.

So don't be a tosser.  :thumbup:

Sick to death of this City lol?

Oh and I think you'll find its the media that big up our chances and proclaim that we will 'walk the league'. They seem to have 'money bags Leicester' down as front runners every year.

Most level-headed City fans realise there is still a long way to go in this tie. If we cast our minds back to our last play-off battle against Cardiff...we lost the home leg 1-0 but then went to Wales and ran out 3-2 winners albeit losing on penalties....****ing kermo!

Sick to death of this City lol?

Oh and I think you'll find its the media that big up our chances and proclaim that we will 'walk the league'. They seem to have 'money bags Leicester' down as front runners every year.

Most level-headed City fans realise there is still a long way to go in this tie. If we cast our minds back to our last play-off battle against Cardiff...we lost the home leg 1-0 but then went to Wales and ran out 3-2 winners albeit losing on penalties....****ing kermo!

Yes, I am sick of Leicester. Been there 6 times and only ever seen my team win once (Both football and rugby. So boooooo Leicester =( )

EVERY club will have it's borderline retarded section of fans. That's football, I'm afraid.

You're tarring a huge fan base with the same moronic brush, making you no worse than the people you've got a gripe with. I could find one or two comments from that Watford forum that paint your support to be bell ends (and there's plenty to pick from from the deluded fragment of your fanbase) - but if you read this forum thoroughly instead of jumping to conclusions after a skim read and a couple of bad experiences last night - you'd realise we do have some reasonable chaps / chapettes amongst us.

So don't be a tosser.  :thumbup:

Oh I actually have a hatred of a lot of our fan base. We have some of the worst people to ever grace football-fanbases. 

And I know there are a handful of decent fans; ala the ones I met on the train, a guy I know at uni and a close family friend ;) 

To be fair, I think most sane Leicester fans realise it's far from over, and that we both played fairly poorly. I think the second leg is going to be tough and nail biting - it could go either way.

However, some of the comments on the Watford forums are fairly delusional. Most are along the lines of "Well we played badly, and Leicester played their best, so we'll destroy them next game". It's crazy logic. Most don't seem to realise that we also played poorly by our standards, and while we're in a fairly poor run of form, it's nowhere near indicative of what we are capable of. It would be like us saying about the game "well Watford played their best, and we played poorly and still won, so we will slaughter them in the next game". It's absurd.

If your fans think that's our best, or how we usually play, then if we actually decide to turn up on Sunday, then you're in for a nasty shock!

Yes, I am sick of Leicester. Been there 6 times and only ever seen my team win once (Both football and rugby. So boooooo Leicester =( )

Similar feeling towards Watford if I'm honest. Our last win there was 2005.

Hoping that'll change on Sunday!

To be fair, I think most sane Leicester fans realise it's far from over, and that we both played fairly poorly. I think the second leg is going to be tough and nail biting - it could go either way.

However, some of the comments on the Watford forums are fairly delusional. Most are along the lines of "Well we played badly, and Leicester played their best, so we'll destroy them next game". It's crazy logic. Most don't seem to realise that we also played poorly by our standards, and while we're in a fairly poor run of form, it's nowhere near indicative of what we are capable of. It would be like us saying about the game "well Watford played their best, and we played poorly and still won, so we will slaughter them in the next game". It's absurd.

If your fans think that's our best, or how we usually play, then if we actually decide to turn up on Sunday, then you're in for a nasty shock!

^ This. 

Like I said, I hate a lot of Watford fans. Also, if you're reading from the same forum that I am thinking of, that forum is full of utterly clueless f**kwits. 

The sane ones I have talked to are quietly shitting themselves for Sunday. 

Watford are a smalli(sh) club (and that's no disrespect Watford fans, you have been in the top flight more recently than us), and they are in an area where Premier League teams, especially good Premier League teams, are only a short distance away. Where as, we are a one club City, like Leeds.

It's just like when people critisize Wigan, but they compete in a tough area of the Country (Lancashire), with the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City etc. The attendances arguement pops up sometimes, and it's just annoying.

I don't mind Watford personally. Changed my opinion recently due to some of their fans (I enhance the word 'some').

ah, this is a better note. Thank you

To be fair I don't hate any club really but I do hate Zola. He is a ****. He is an arrogant willy puller and to make it worse the first leicester game i can remember he scored and chelsea won. But to be fair reading the watford forum there are some wankers but most are realistic and seem ok people. Also there are some wankers on here so yeah.

^ This. 

Like I said, I hate a lot of Watford fans. Also, if you're reading from the same forum that I am thinking of, that forum is full of utterly clueless f**kwits. 

As are we. It's a massive unknown of which Watford and which Leicester will turn up on the day, what tactics each team will employ and whether there's gonna be bad refereeing or anything like that. That's what makes it so exciting in a one-off situation like the play-offs (although over two legs). The tie is finely poised with us only just edging it. Far from over and I for one am bricking it. Just want us to play well and if we're beaten because Watford play us off the park then fair enough. But if we go and don't perform then we've just bottled it and that will be more disappointing than anything

^ This. 

Most of the sane ones have not stopped shitting themselves since Deeney's red card against Leeds.

I really want the world to see it as us being underdogs, it's when we play best.

NottinghamHornet it will be a tough game pal reckon it will be a 2-2 draw which will see us heading to Wembley may the best team win though hoping City do obviously. :thumbup:

I'm thinking 2-2 as well. Hopefully nuge will find his scoring touch again against them

NottinghamHornet it will be a tough game pal reckon it will be a 2-2 draw which will see us heading to Wembley may the best team win though hoping City do obviously. :thumbup:

I dare predict what will happen pal aha. 

Something we can all agree on though, it'll be ruddy hilarious watching Hull get destroyed week in week out next season.

Archived