Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wight88

Watford - more dislikeable than most

Have never generally gave more than a passing thought to watford anymore than I would Reading Ipswich or Preston, but have to say the whole arrogance about the club the manager and their plastic supporters is noteworthy to say the least. Latest examples of this lovable approach include Zola saying he didn't think we were capable of scoring tonight and the gimp on the post match phone in giving it the big one in his horrible charmless southern accent.

They really do seem like a graceless and arrogant lot from top to bottom I know we all have our share of muppets but there is something that sets this bunch apart that I can't quite put my finger on. Really dislikeable people. Really glad hull and Cardiff went up and not them. At least the likes of Leeds Cardiff and even forest have at least a few shreds of humility and humor about them.

If they win the second leg hope they lose the final. If they lose the second leg hope they get relegated next season.

Watford. Boooo.

To be fair to Zola, he was referring to that specific point in the game and he was correct. We hadn't created anything prior to the goal in the second half, and nor did we look like doing so until they stupidly gave us that freekick.

The rest I agree with. Delusional mooseheads.

They may still go on to get what they all expect of a comfortable win; but my God I've never seen such a crop of deluded fans, bar the odd few. I would happily admit that we have deserved to lose this season, ie Watford a couple of weeks ago, why can't they see that?

Yes they had chances, as did we. And the whole 'hoof' thing every time we clear the ball from danger; have i missed the years of Cruyff like football from Watford over the years? Anyway, football is not al about style; heart, desire, willingness etc are equally imports. Lets just hope we can silence them with a professional and complete performance on Sunday.

It's very typical really - they're a small club with a pitiful shithouse side of a small club mentality. They get lucky with their owners, have one good season (which could still yet result in no more than what Barnsley have achieved) and think they're spectacular.

I must say though I never had them down as THIS bad. Embarrassing bitter bastards. I'd love to nick this from them in the last second.

Expect them to show their true colours if we take a 2 goal lead on Sunday. There'll be police trouble. Bunch of deluded troglodytes, they remind me of Millwall without the history. Guess it's a London thing.

Shame really, they used to be a good bunch back in the 80s & 90s. I always used to enjoy mixing with them pre-match. It used to be one of the better away trips in the division.

I wonder how they turned into the arrogant, disrespectful lot they are now.

There are exceptions of course, I know a few decent ones and Super Horns is ok on here but on the whole, they've turned into cnuts

To be fair to Zola, he was referring to that specific point in the game and he was correct. We hadn't created anything prior to the goal in the second half, and nor did we look like doing so until they stupidly gave us that freekick.

The rest I agree with. Delusional mooseheads.

Have never generally gave more than a passing thought to watford anymore than I would Reading Ipswich or Preston, but have to say the whole arrogance about the club the manager and their plastic supporters is noteworthy to say the least. Latest examples of this lovable approach include Zola saying he didn't think we were capable of scoring tonight and the gimp on the post match phone in giving it the big one in his horrible charmless southern accent.

They really do seem like a graceless and arrogant lot from top to bottom I know we all have our share of muppets but there is something that sets this bunch apart that I can't quite put my finger on. Really dislikeable people. Really glad hull and Cardiff went up and not them. At least the likes of Leeds Cardiff and even forest have at least a few shreds of humility and humor about them.

If they win the second leg hope they lose the final. If they lose the second leg hope they get relegated next season.

Watford. Boooo.

I'm gunna print this off, frame it and stick it on my desk!!

Feelin the love! :-)

Expect them to show their true colours if we take a 2 goal lead on Sunday. There'll be police trouble. Bunch of deluded troglodytes, they remind me of Millwall without the history. Guess it's a London thing.

lol in a rough way? They're almost as intimidating as the tellytubbies.

I remember walking back to my car once away from our end, headed into the crowd of Watford. A man twice my age barges into me and tries to square up to me, getting increasingly infuriated as I laugh in his face. I hate this lot, and I don't give a fvck about leg number two- we did them tonight.

Not sure where this all came from..... because there have been a few dislike-able members on the forum? Because we have beaten you twice this season? Because we are doing well and are proud of that? We are doing well, we have the right to have confidence. Lots of people on this forum have predicted wins, sometimes ridiculously big wins, on every time you have faced us this season. What is the difference here? Not to mention this constant talk of "shit support" - sigh.  

Don't make me laugh. 

I've never seen Watford cause any trouble. If there's any trouble with the police it'll be from your fans, not that I'm going to make any assumptions. We're as soft as it gets, and I'm not some thug after a fight so I don't mind that. We've always been a family club.

Also, we're not a London club.

Not sure where this all came from..... because there have been a few dislike-able members on the forum? Because we have beaten you twice this season? Because we are doing well and are proud of that? We are doing well, we have the right to have confidence. Lots of people on this forum have predicted wins, sometimes ridiculously big wins, on every time you have faced us this season. What is the difference here? Not to mention this constant talk of "shit support" - sigh.  

Don't make me laugh. 

I've never seen Watford cause any trouble. If there's any trouble with the police it'll be from your fans, not that I'm going to make any assumptions. We're as soft as it gets, and I'm not some thug after a fight so I don't mind that. We've always been a family club.

Also, we're not a London club.

You's inside the M25, you's a London Club. Them's the rules.

And some of the pathetic crap your "fans" have been spouting off on here recently is enough for anybody to be amazed they even know how to use a computer, let alone analyse a football match. It really does wreak of the arsehats we get on here whenever we play Millwall, who do nothing to dispel the club's hooligan image.

Fact is, Watford's following tonight was poor. I'll hold my hands up and accept when we have a naff home crowd, which is more often than not, but your lot were consistently outsung, repetetive when singing and failed to sell their whole allocation which could have broken the magic 30,000 attendance - although I will be fair and put the last one down to it being a Thursday night.

They're definately not from London. They just like to think they are.

That's what they are. Plastic Londoners!

Guest BlueBrett

A fair few on that bargain basement forum of theirs do seem quite entitled but then its usually immediately after a defeat that all our resident retards come out of the woodwork too.

I've got a mate at Uni who put a bet on with me that Watford would finish top two and Leicester would finish in the playoffs (he's a Watford fan), it was a unilateral contract. If both the teams ended up in the playoffs it rendered the bet void. Anyway, enough of the ins and outs.

Anyway, when we were achieving and Watford weren't for a short spell earlier this term. He turns to me and says, "we'll I've always supported Man U anyway". For me, this completely sums up your fan base.

It's all pony isn't it really, you've a load of mercenaries signed FOR your manager, not by him. Which for me renders his scouting ability pointless- but we saw that at West Ham. The Sky reporters pulled out stats that you've got players with CHAMPIONS LEAGUE experience?! And we've done you tonight.

Truly turning into a detestable club extremely fast. I'm aware that the first leg efforts can come undone very quickly, but who gives a shit, your scummy fan base has got it's back up tonight.

They may still go on to get what they all expect of a comfortable win; but my God I've never seen such a crop of deluded fans, bar the odd few. I would happily admit that we have deserved to lose this season, ie Watford a couple of weeks ago, why can't they see that?

Yes they had chances, as did we. And the whole 'hoof' thing every time we clear the ball from danger; have i missed the years of Cruyff like football from Watford over the years? Anyway, football is not al about style; heart, desire, willingness etc are equally imports. Lets just hope we can silence them with a professional and complete performance on Sunday.

This.

A few loanees from Udinese and Granada who can play a bit and they're suddenly this great footballing side! They even shouted 'hoof' when Schmeichel booted the ball forward from an offside!

Of course the reason for Almunia playing things short whenever he could was due to Watford's philosophy and not because his hamstring's done in.... :rolleyes:

This.

A few loanees from Udinese and Granada who can play a bit and they're suddenly this great footballing side! They even shouted 'hoof' when Schmeichel booted the ball forward from an offside!

Of course the reason for Almunia playing things short whenever he could was due to Watford's philosophy and not because his hamstring's done in.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, this.

Only Watford player who can come out of tonight head held high is Anya. Even he wasn't particularly special.

Please please please play number 12 and that moaning little twat Hogg on Sunday. Absolutely awful. Funnily enough I think those two are the players who aren't on loan.

Along with others, I never gave two hoots about Watford before the game a couple of fridays ago and tonight's game. However after seeing what an arrogant bunch of deluded arseholes some/most of them I really, really hope we finish the job on Sunday. They were summed up by some mouthy little sh*t on the train back after the game loudly telling his mate: "it's just embarrassing that a club like leicester could be in the premier league." I almost fell off my chair. "A club like leicester"?! I'm sorry mate, we actually sell out away allocations and get higher home attendances than 13k. I think it's embarrassing that a club like watford are in the playoffs

They probably don't like us much, because when we won there in 96 to make the play offs, it also relegated them. Hahaha

Yep, I remember that day well.  Instead of being happy for yourselves that you had got into the playoffs all you could sing was that we were going down with the Luton.  And you call us dislikeable?

Yep, I remember that day well. Instead of being happy for yourselves that you had got into the playoffs all you could sing was that we were going down with the Luton. And you call us dislikeable?

That's standard banter, you'd have got that no matter who you played.

There's a world of difference between that and the arrogance that your forums are exuding. Confidence is a good thing, arrogance leaves everyone hating you so reign it in a bit

Archived