Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wight88

Watford - more dislikeable than most

No. No they are not :thumbup:

Not withstanding your hypocrisy (who is being arrogant now?)  I tend to agree with some of this thread, ie too many of our fans seem to have forgotten where we were and where we were heading a year ago.  I do think though that many Leicester fans seem to place their natural place in the football heirachy as somewhere between Everton and Liverpool - if that is not what you are accusing Watford of then pot and kettle comes to mind.  I think the biggest difference between you and us is that we suffer from an inferiority complex whereas you suffer from a superiority complex - neither of which is warranted or deserved.  The truth is there is not much difference between the two clubs.

I dislike this current Watford setup and some of the idiots who've posted here as much as the next guy, but to generalise their entire fanbase is ridiculous and totally hypocritical considering the arrogant attitide that runs through our lot. Look how our best manager since Martin has been treated this year, we seem to think we have a divine right to win every game we play.

Also I resent the insult to the southern accent, do you have any idea how stupid certain midlanders sound? 'Eh oop me dook', **** off.

Not withstanding your hypocrisy (who is being arrogant now?)  I tend to agree with some of this thread, ie too many of our fans seem to have forgotten where we were and where we were heading a year ago.  I do think though that many Leicester fans seem to place their natural place in the football heirachy as somewhere between Everton and Liverpool - if that is not what you are accusing Watford of then pot and kettle comes to mind.  I think the biggest difference between you and us is that we suffer from an inferiority complex whereas you suffer from a superiority complex - neither of which is warranted or deserved.  The truth is there is not much difference between the two clubs.

Not withstanding your hypocrisy (who is being arrogant now?) I tend to agree with some of this thread, ie too many of our fans seem to have forgotten where we were and where we were heading a year ago. I do think though that many Leicester fans seem to place their natural place in the football heirachy as somewhere between Everton and Liverpool - if that is not what you are accusing Watford of then pot and kettle comes to mind. I think the biggest difference between you and us is that we suffer from an inferiority complex whereas you suffer from a superiority complex - neither of which is warranted or deserved. The truth is there is not much difference between the two clubs.

The fans that came along during our periods of success do tend to have a bit of a superiority complex but they do get the rest of us having a go when they shoot off at the mouth. They piss us off just as much as everyone else. Some of us have been around for a while though and know our historical place in the football hierarchy is yo-yoing between the top 2 divisions. We tend to be a bit more balanced and realistic

Shame really, they used to be a good bunch back in the 80s & 90s. I always used to enjoy mixing with them pre-match. It used to be one of the better away trips in the division.

I wonder how they turned into the arrogant, disrespectful lot they are now.

There are exceptions of course, I know a few decent ones and Super Horns is ok on here but on the whole, they've turned into cnuts

This....

The Watford lads used to be an ok crowd to be fair.

Delusions of grandeur has hit them I think.

I just find it amusing that they've been accusing us of being arrogant for weeks, yet when we beat them fair and square, they're saying that we're shit and that they're going to smash us to pieces in the second-leg. They might well do that, but what fans on their forum are calling 'balance' is quite clearly arrogance.

You're repeating some very worn-out clichés passed on by hearsay, I'm afraid.

The vast majority of our fans are level-headed and know that we're always best as the "underdog". They also know we don't have a god-given right to be in the Premier League, but that we have all the infrastructure and the fanbase to make it there.

The last few years have been a rather disappointing, but cathartic experience for a lot of Leicester fans, as we've very often been touted favourites to go up, only to c*ck it up towards the end of the season. The fact that lots of money was thrown around didn't help, either.

We're not as big as the clubs you've mentioned and I doubt we'll ever be.

All I'm looking forward to is getting back to the Premier League at one point and spend another few seasons up there solely for the joy of it, with the playoffs being a great piece of entertainment along the way.

May the better club go to Wembley.

P.S.: We're special, and we know we are. :)

It only takes a second to score a goal and Zola should know that. I thought his comment was pretty disrespectful. He looked very smug in the post-match interview and wouldn't I love to wipe the smile of his face come Sunday. As for Almunia, the most irritating keeper in the league bar none. "Team full of loanees, you're just a team full of loanees...."

The fans that came along during our periods of success do tend to have a bit of a superiority complex but they do get the rest of us having a go when they shoot off at the mouth. They piss us off just as much as everyone else. Some of us have been around for a while though and know our historical place in the football hierarchy is yo-yoing between the top 2 divisions. We tend to be a bit more balanced and realistic

That I think is the bottom line.  The majority of fans from the majority of clubs are normal Joe Blow's who are passionate about their team and football.  It's unfair and a bit silly to tarnish 100% of supporters for the actions of 5%.  Good luck on Sunday may the best team win - if it is to be you there are many, myself included, don't think another year in the Championship will do us any harm.  Peace!

There were numerous Watford fans in the pub last night and they were all fine, friendly and joined in with a sing song. We took the piss out of their loan signings

Number 1 he's on loan

Number 2hes on loan

And so on and they took it very well. Didn't come across as cocky just normal fans supporting their team.

Theres a long 90 minutes to go so let's not get too cocky ourselves.

What is their fixation with deeney? They seem to think he'll break our centre halfs into pieces. Wes will have him in his pocket all day long. Is it the same Troy Deeney who spent 10 months in her majesty's pleasure for affray?

What is their fixation with deeney? They seem to think he'll break our centre halfs into pieces. Wes will have him in his pocket all day long. Is it the same Troy Deeney who spent 10 months in her majesty's pleasure for affray?

I was literally just about to post this. Why on earth do they pin their hopes on that fish-faced gangster wannabe?

Definition of average. Lord knows how he's scored so many.

You lot that are having a go at the Watford fans because of the words and deeds of a few are being a bit stupid aren't you?

Surely, that happens on most forums and you get the odd idiot in an away crowd from most Clubs.

Zola's comment was that he couldn't see Leicester scoring (at that time), he didn't say that you weren't capable of scoring. Two completely different things. For the OP to so blatantly twist what Zola says reduces the OP's credibility straight away.

Lets be honest, neither team were great, our forwards were firing blanks and you lot were struggling to create clear chances as well. Yes, most Watford fans would think we have the better team and so when we lose to you, it's understandable that it's mentioned. Many of you lot probably said something similar when you lost to, say Barnsley. It isn't arrogance, it's just natural.

If you were able to see todays forum Polls on, whether or not Watford or City would get promoted, then you wouldn't say that we were arrogantly expecting to hammer you either. It is pretty even, and on one poll I've seen, Leicester are slightly ahead. I think we'll still go through though.

Calm down the lot of you.

Edit- and is it any wonder that with a population 4 times larger than Watfords, you get bigger crowds?

You lot that are having a go at the Watford fans because of the words and deeds of a few are being a bit stupid aren't you?

Surely, that happens on most forums and you get the odd idiot in an away crowd from most Clubs.

Zola's comment was that he couldn't see Leicester scoring (at that time), he didn't say that you weren't capable of scoring. Two completely different things. For the OP to so blatantly twist what Zola says reduces the OP's credibility straight away.

Lets be honest, neither team were great, our forwards were firing blanks and you lot were struggling to create clear chances as well. Yes, most Watford fans would think we have the better team and so when we lose to you, it's understandable that it's mentioned. many of you lot probably said something similar when you lost to, say Barnsley.

If you were able to see todays forum Polls on, whether or not Watford or City would get promoted, then you wouldn't say that we were arrogantly expecting to hammer you either. It is pretty even, and on one poll I've seen, Leicester are slightly ahead. I think we'll still go through though.

Calm down the lot of you.

Edit- and is it any wonder that with a population 4 times larger than Watfords, you get bigger crowds?

why not say the other way round? cause i think our sqaud is better than yours... at least our squad is OUR squad lol

why not say the other way round? cause i think our sqaud is better than yours... at least our squad is OUR squad lol

But it isn't your squad. It is owned by a Thai businessman who makes his money from travel. Watfords squad is owned by an Italian. Not much difference!

Archived