Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wight88

Watford - more dislikeable than most

You lot that are having a go at the Watford fans because of the words and deeds of a few are being a bit stupid aren't you?

Surely, that happens on most forums and you get the odd idiot in an away crowd from most Clubs.

Zola's comment was that he couldn't see Leicester scoring (at that time), he didn't say that you weren't capable of scoring. Two completely different things. For the OP to so blatantly twist what Zola says reduces the OP's credibility straight away.

Lets be honest, neither team were great, our forwards were firing blanks and you lot were struggling to create clear chances as well. Yes, most Watford fans would think we have the better team and so when we lose to you, it's understandable that it's mentioned. Many of you lot probably said something similar when you lost to, say Barnsley. It isn't arrogance, it's just natural.

If you were able to see todays forum Polls on, whether or not Watford or City would get promoted, then you wouldn't say that we were arrogantly expecting to hammer you either. It is pretty even, and on one poll I've seen, Leicester are slightly ahead. I think we'll still go through though.

Calm down the lot of you.

Edit- and is it any wonder that with a population 4 times larger than Watfords, you get bigger crowds?

Burnley have close to 13'000 fans for each home game (just like Watford), and their city is smaller than yours.

Why don't you get bigger crowds then? Surely with all this success, you must get your fair share of plastic fans popping up here and there.

Or is a large bunch of the current 13'500 fans that you get per average at Vicarage Road just fairweather people?

But it isn't your squad. It is owned by a Thai businessman who makes his money from travel. Watfords squad is owned by an Italian. Not much difference!

Yeah, but we don't operate as Udinese's and Granada's active training facility.

But it isn't your squad. It is owned by a Thai businessman who makes his money from travel. Watfords squad is owned by an Italian. Not much difference!

It's all on loan you tit.

The 'on loan from Udinese', 'on loan from Granada' kind of puts pay to your argument.

Burnley have close to 13'000 fans for each home game (just like Watford), and their city is smaller than yours.

Burnley are technically the best supported club in the Country, if you multiply attendances by size of town.

Why don't you get bigger crowds then? Surely with all this success, you must get your fair share of plastic fans popping up here and there.

Or is a large bunch of the current 13'500 fans that you get per average at Vicarage Road just fairweather people?

The main problem is that there are 5 Premiership clubs and 3 Championship clubs all within a short tube train journey from Watford.

I think you are on dodgy ground comparing attendences when your average is below Nottingham and they have to share a similar population with County.

Funniest moment after the match was when that numpty phoned RL Leicester saying that they will beat us i the second leg as Deeney will be back!! Obviously couldn't take defeat too well!!

That same Numpty also referenced playing in front of a sell-out crowd at Vicarage Road and how intimidating that will be for us.

That's right, the 17'000 capacity will be very daunting, as it was(nt) for Leeds when they won there last weekend!!

Watford are a smalli(sh) club (and that's no disrespect Watford fans, you have been in the top flight more recently than us), and they are in an area where Premier League teams, especially good Premier League teams, are only a short distance away. Where as, we are a one club City, like Leeds.

It's just like when people critisize Wigan, but they compete in a tough area of the Country (Lancashire), with the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City etc. The attendances arguement pops up sometimes, and it's just annoying.

I don't mind Watford personally. Changed my opinion recently due to some of their fans (I enhance the word 'some').

The main problem is that there are 5 Premiership clubs and 3 Championship clubs all within a short tube train journey from Watford.

I think you are on dodgy ground comparing attendences when your average is below Nottingham and they have to share a similar population with County.

So why does the Premiership need you then? You're all sorted with quality top-tier entertainment already! lol

Nottinghamshire has about 100'000 more inhabitants and a fair share of people living in the outer regions of Leicestershire (particularly Loughborough) support F*"Est for some strange reason.

Plus, Lelcester's also host to a bigger Rugby club, that tends to keep away another couple of thousand from attending LCFC matches.

And Notts County attract maybe 5'000 people each game.

And what do you think our average would be had be not had about a third of our home games televised? More than anyone else in the league I think.

As a Watford fan, we know we are a small club.

We have a rubbish 3 sided stadium, we've always tried to live within our means and our support (not helped by the rubbish stadium or the dross that used to be on show) is not great at all.

But to say our club is dislikable is fairly wide of the mark.

We have simply won the lottery. We have owners who can give us young exciting players, some of whom have Champions League experience. I know we aren't Barcelona, but when we were at our peak we were hitting 6 past Leeds (away) for example, and had scored more goals than any other team in the top English leagues. Considering just a year ago we might have buckled, after the Football League let a bankrupt con take over out club, miracles have been performed. Yes we might not go up this year, and yes you might call us arrogant, but I really feel we will get into the Premier League in the next few years.

People criticise our loan signings and say it doesn't sit right. Others say it's cheating and that we are making a mockery of the league. But I would rather play loanees, especially ones which are more talented and (vitally) more hungry than the players we used to have. You may say it is unethical, but I would find it far more unethical to be taken over by an owner that buys his way to the Premiership (i.e. Cardiff being 90 million pounds in debt). I think it's far more ethical to live within our means, and despite having one of the lowest wages in the league, remain fighting the big boys (including you) in this division. To call them loanees is also slightly misleading, every one of the foreign players has a clause into their contract saying we can sign them at any time. To do it all whilst playing slick exciting football (although maybe not over the last couple of weeks) is a bonus.

I also don't get how you guys can say we have no identity; could we also argue that bringing in 12 or so players this season has distorted your own identity?  Our identity is clear. We are a small, community club; a large percentage of our fans are elderly, woman and children (I once annoyingly got told to sit down in the 'singing section' which we trialled for a game). To say we are thugs is hillarious, we are probably the least intimidating team in the league.This impacts on the noise; I'm sure you'll outsing us on Sunday. Another problem, as described above, is that we are a small town, within an hours travel of Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea ect, that is where most of our fans go. Clearly living in a city with no other real competition does hinder us. But it does mean we are left with extremely loyal fans that know a fair amount about football. We also play a lot of local lads and we have played the second highest number of home grown players this season. To call us all idiots because one of two fans called you hoofers, makes one or two of you extremely thick.

To the match. You beat us by a goal, when I think a draw would have been a fair result. We didn't play well, and I feel you sacrificed some of your decent play to stifle us and get the result. If you think the ref was on our side, you can't have seen some of the horrible decisions which have been given against us all season - we have had around half of our red cards recinded, and have been given the least amount of penalties in the championship (I'd say at least 5 you'd put your house on being given), and awarded the most against (and some of them would make you chuckle). I'm sure if the ref favours one side he will favour you. Another, larger problem we have is that Vydra (Champ player of the year) is knackered,  having only played two games in the last two years or something silly due to injury, and as a result we are lacking firepower. The same goes for a few of our other players. We are also not good at coming from behind, and our formation does not suit that at all. We are also better away than at home. So I am not too confident. But we will give it our best. If we play to our full potential, I think we will win. If we don't, you will go to Wembley. You're a decent team, and I've never really had any gripes (although I've rarely met) any of your fans (bar the odd idiotic cnut on here). If you win, you deserve to go to the final, and I, along with 90% of Watford fans, will applaud you and be extremely happy with the way this season has gone overall.

Bring on Sunday.

I like Watford and I respect what they're doing with the link to Udinese and Granada. There are plenty of young English players getting a chance and to say they have no identity is a bit silly I think. They have a really strong identity now surely, in that they are doing things differently to every other club in the country, use a different formation to almost every other club in our division and play better football than the vast majority of the division too.

Just because we're playing them in the play-offs doesn't change my opinion of them.

The dislike for Watford has come from the fans who invaded this place with their odd and bizarre ramblings and digs at us.

Before that they didn't really register with our fans, they were just another club.

Found this from a fellow city fan on there forum. Pretty much sums it up to be honest.

Did well?

Leicester fans are the first who will always praise away fans. Sheffield Wednesday were brilliant this season, Leeds were at their usual best, but your fans were terrible.

To not even sell 2000 tickets for your biggest game in history only enhances the 'tinpot' reputation which clubs like yourself, barnsley, peterborough etc have.

My views are much less deluded than many of your fans on here. Some posted on our forum that they couldn't hear our fans all game.

Yet as many above have posted that the 'place was rocking' and that you have 'got to hand it to the leicester fans'.
In fact if you read what Geijo (SP?) said, our fans were the difference and the reason we won 1-0. Therefore, i can be no more delusional than any of your fans, or even players it seems.

Found this from a fellow city fan on there forum. Pretty much sums it up to be honest.

To not even sell 2000 tickets for your biggest game in history only enhances the 'tinpot' reputation which clubs like yourself, barnsley, peterborough etc have.

My views are much less deluded than many of your fans on here.

And this is the sort of idiot that gives your fans a bad name. Our biggest game in history?? And you call us deluded??

What an utter moron  lol    :pearson:

Except ours is long term at the club, rather than being a collection of loanees, so there is a fair bit of difference.

As a Watford fan, we know we are a small club.

We have a rubbish 3 sided stadium, we've always tried to live within our means and our support (not helped by the rubbish stadium or the dross that used to be on show) is not great at all.

But to say our club is dislikable is fairly wide of the mark.

We have simply won the lottery. We have owners who can give us young exciting players, some of whom have Champions League experience. I know we aren't Barcelona, but when we were at our peak we were hitting 6 past Leeds (away) for example, and had scored more goals than any other team in the top English leagues. Considering just a year ago we might have buckled, after the Football League let a bankrupt con take over out club, miracles have been performed. Yes we might not go up this year, and yes you might call us arrogant, but I really feel we will get into the Premier League in the next few years.

People criticise our loan signings and say it doesn't sit right. Others say it's cheating and that we are making a mockery of the league. But I would rather play loanees, especially ones which are more talented and (vitally) more hungry than the players we used to have. You may say it is unethical, but I would find it far more unethical to be taken over by an owner that buys his way to the Premiership (i.e. Cardiff being 90 million pounds in debt). I think it's far more ethical to live within our means, and despite having one of the lowest wages in the league, remain fighting the big boys (including you) in this division. To call them loanees is also slightly misleading, every one of the foreign players has a clause into their contract saying we can sign them at any time. To do it all whilst playing slick exciting football (although maybe not over the last couple of weeks) is a bonus.

I also don't get how you guys can say we have no identity; could we also argue that bringing in 12 or so players this season has distorted your own identity? Our identity is clear. We are a small, community club; a large percentage of our fans are elderly, woman and children (I once annoyingly got told to sit down in the 'singing section' which we trialled for a game). To say we are thugs is hillarious, we are probably the least intimidating team in the league.This impacts on the noise; I'm sure you'll outsing us on Sunday. Another problem, as described above, is that we are a small town, within an hours travel of Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea ect, that is where most of our fans go. Clearly living in a city with no other real competition does hinder us. But it does mean we are left with extremely loyal fans that know a fair amount about football. We also play a lot of local lads and we have played the second highest number of home grown players this season. To call us all idiots because one of two fans called you hoofers, makes one or two of you extremely thick.

To the match. You beat us by a goal, when I think a draw would have been a fair result. We didn't play well, and I feel you sacrificed some of your decent play to stifle us and get the result. If you think the ref was on our side, you can't have seen some of the horrible decisions which have been given against us all season - we have had around half of our red cards recinded, and have been given the least amount of penalties in the championship (I'd say at least 5 you'd put your house on being given), and awarded the most against (and some of them would make you chuckle). I'm sure if the ref favours one side he will favour you. Another, larger problem we have is that Vydra (Champ player of the year) is knackered, having only played two games in the last two years or something silly due to injury, and as a result we are lacking firepower. The same goes for a few of our other players. We are also not good at coming from behind, and our formation does not suit that at all. We are also better away than at home. So I am not too confident. But we will give it our best. If we play to our full potential, I think we will win. If we don't, you will go to Wembley. You're a decent team, and I've never really had any gripes (although I've rarely met) any of your fans (bar the odd idiotic cnut on here). If you win, you deserve to go to the final, and I, along with 90% of Watford fans, will applaud you and be extremely happy with the way this season has gone overall.

Bring on Sunday.

So many issues with this post i'd love to raise but don't have time but i will say you ain't thugs. Cuz everyone who is goes chelski.

And well done for scoring 6 against leeds. But you lost to them last week. The same.as we weren't playing hoofball when we did that to huddersfield or ipswich. But ipswich beat us too.

Your fans think your barca and whoever gets out of this bog standard championship can enjoy it. Buy lets be fair the standard is poor.

So many issues with this post i'd love to raise but don't have time but i will say you ain't thugs. Cuz everyone who is goes chelski.

And well done for scoring 6 against leeds. But you lost to them last week. The same.as we weren't playing hoofball when we did that to huddersfield or ipswich. But ipswich beat us too.

Your fans think your barca and whoever gets out of this bog standard championship can enjoy it. Buy lets be fair the standard is poor.

I don't care if Watford want to play like barcelona, we will just play like Bayern munich  :pearson:

Watford fans....

When does your transfer embargo end?

I heard it was September???

I had never really minded them until recently. The arrogance that they give off is unreal. Watford fans and the manager wrote Leicester off yesterday and seem to think not only will they still win the play offs but they deserve it more than any other team. On SSN Zola said that Watford deserved it as they finished 3rd and the play offs are completely unfair he even seemed to suggest the rules should be changed just for Watford. In my opinion i think the play offs are unfair and the top 3 should be promoted but everyone knows the rules and they can't be changed.

I couldn't get a ticket for the away leg so i suggest that someone should take in a banner saying

"FVCK OFF UDINESE B"

i am usually more tolerant of teams than most as well.

Archived