Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Kasper and promotion

He aint far wrong is he. It's a big jump.

It is but we're in as good a position as any, if not a better. We have good foundations and probably a bit of money to spend should we go up. Football is also about the 'team' as much as it is the individuals.

I don't see why Morgan would really struggle. Apart from pace he doesn't really have any standout weaknesses and there's plenty of CB's who manage with out.

Morgan is our captain, leader and most experienced central defender. 

We are completely bobbins at defending corners or other set pieces, he and Schmeichel should be totally dominating our area but they don't and it is costing us.

Of course it could be all the fault of our useless midfield....... :huh:

How can 2 players dominate a whole penalty area with 7 odd attackers in it? You love identifying areas of weakness but I think you're well wide of the goal (so to speak) on this. Yeah, they should be 'in charge' but we all know it's not one of Kasper's strong areas and Morgan is one player. If the rest of the team aren't contributing then that's their fault and Pearson and his staff need to work on it.

How can 2 players dominate a whole penalty area with 7 odd attackers in it? You love identifying areas of weakness but I think you're well wide of the goal (so to speak) on this. Yeah, they should be 'in charge' but we all know it's not one of Kasper's strong areas and Morgan is one player. If the rest of the team aren't contributing then that's their fault and Pearson and his staff need to work on it.

The center backs plus Schmeichel should be the dominant force in our penalty area, they are not, it is their failure, no one else's.

Their inability to handle set pieces, corners etc is there for anyone to see, the primary reason for our excellent defensive record in the first half of the season was our strong pressing game led by our lightweight midfield and rubbish forwards like Vardy who mostly kept the opposition at arms length.

The center backs plus Schmeichel should be the dominant force in our penalty area, they are not, it is their failure, no one else's.

Their inability to handle set pieces, corners etc is there for anyone to see, the primary reason for our excellent defensive record in the first half of the season was our strong pressing game led by our lightweight midfield and rubbish forwards like Vardy who mostly kept the opposition at arms length.

I'm not doing this, you must be being deliberately stupid obtuse. I know they should be (but if all players for every team matched every fans expectation football would be just a jolly old game wouldn't it?) but it realistic terms it's still a team effort.

What you're saying is as simplistic as implying that the defence are the only reason a team concedes goals. I'm pretty sure you have advocated yourself that our midfield often contributes to our wobbly defensive effort so to suggest that defending a corner is solely the job of CB's and keeper is either showing a distinct lack of understanding or just being ignorant to support your own point.

Because it seems to be spelled out to you what happens, god forbid, if the ball comes into an area that one of our CB's is not in (I know it's a crazy thought, but it can happen).

I'm not doing this, you must be being deliberately stupid obtuse. I know they should be (but if all players for every team matched every fans expectation football would be just a jolly old game wouldn't it?) but it realistic terms it's still a team effort.

What you're saying is as simplistic as implying that the defence are the only reason a team concedes goals. I'm pretty sure you have advocated yourself that our midfield often contributes to our wobbly defensive effort so to suggest that defending a corner is solely the job of CB's and keeper is either showing a distinct lack of understanding or just being ignorant to support your own point.

Because it seems to be spelled out to you what happens, god forbid, if the ball comes into an area that one of our CB's is not in (I know it's a crazy thought, but it can happen).

Why do you insist on putting words into my mouth.

Where have I said that defending set pieces is solely the job of the back 3? Good defences have a good back 3 that command their area and we do not, that is it.

Morgan and Schmeichel may be good players in many respects, but not in the respect that we are discussing, simple as that.

Really? His name gets chanted most games, even when he doesn't play well.

Meant more on here. I created a thread in here not too long ago and there were loads of people saying they'd be happy to see him go and that he isn't good enough for the prem

Meant more on here. I created a thread in here not too long ago and there were loads of people saying they'd be happy to see him go and that he isn't good enough for the prem

Well, yeah, I tend to agree. We have so many posts about 'Kasper is so better than us' etc which I don't believe.

Why do you insist on putting words into my mouth.

Where have I said that defending set pieces is solely the job of the back 3? Good defences have a good back 3 that command their area and we do not, that is it.

Morgan and Schmeichel may be good players in many respects, but not in the respect that we are discussing, simple as that.

'It is their failure, nobody elses'.

/out

'It is their failure, nobody elses'.

/out

You really should read what people say in their posts, not what you think they say. A common trait on here.

I said,

"The center backs plus Schmeichel should be the dominant force in our penalty area, they are not, it is their failure, no one else's."

See, it is 'their failure' that they are not the dominant force in this situation, I did not at any time say that they were the only people responsible for our general weakness in defence (more noticeable in recent times).

For two players often touted as being our best, I suggest this is a serious limitation.

You really should read what people say in their posts, not what you think they say. A common trait on here.

I said,

"The center backs plus Schmeichel should be the dominant force in our penalty area, they are not, it is their failure, no one else's."

See, it is 'their failure' that they are not the dominant force in this situation, I did not at any time say that they were the only people responsible for our general weakness in defence (more noticeable in recent times).

For two players often touted as being our best, I suggest this is a serious limitation.

And I never suggested that you meant it in general. 

I'm saying that I completely disagree and no matter how good a player is, they can't dictate the outcome of a crowded penalty area. If half of our players are terrible at defending set pieces then half the time we are going to have a bad time.

If the ball comes near Keane or Morgan they are usually very dominant. I don't understand how it is a limitation to basically not be everywhere at once or not being able to control what other players do. In what way are they not dominant in the area?

And I never suggested that you meant it in general. 

I'm saying that I completely disagree and no matter how good a player is, they can't dictate the outcome of a crowded penalty area. If half of our players are terrible at defending set pieces then half the time we are going to have a bad time.

If the ball comes near Keane or Morgan they are usually very dominant. I don't understand how it is a limitation to basically not be everywhere at once or not being able to control what other players do. In what way are they not dominant in the area?

Fair enough Haydos, not worth fighting over.

Not trying to contradict you, you see what you see and at least try and explain what it means. 

For me I just see it different, the better sides, even at our level, have someone who takes charge in the box and their back 3 dominate, organisationally, physically and football wise.

I don't think we have that and Morgan and Schmeichel are the senior players, which is why I feel it is their responsibility. They both have their strengths, but the point under discussion is not one of them.

Of course it could be our wretched defensive coaching that is the problem, after all they do seem to think that Kasper hoofing the ball the length of the field is a good idea..... :dunno:

Fair enough Haydos, not worth fighting over.

Not trying to contradict you, you see what you see and at least try and explain what it means. 

For me I just see it different, the better sides, even at our level, have someone who takes charge in the box and their back 3 dominate, organisationally, physically and football wise.

I don't think we have that and Morgan and Schmeichel are the senior players, which is why I feel it is their responsibility. They both have their strengths, but the point under discussion is not one of them.

Of course it could be our wretched defensive coaching that is the problem, after all they do seem to think that Kasper hoofing the ball the length of the field is a good idea..... :dunno:

What do you think of St Leger/Whitbread? Would you have preferred them to have been given a longer run in the first team when available? Keane looks good but he's not as experienced or an enforcer.

You don't buy into 'gelling' do you (I can't remember)? I think it can go in different ways but the more time a team spends playing together (especially the defence), the better. That's why I'm slightly concerned that Wes and Schmeichel (even he's a worry if we don't go up) are the only 'dead certs' in there at the moment. It would be good if Keane could stick around and make the spot alongside Wes his own. That leaves De Laet, who I like, but not 100% confident in defensively and Konchesky, whose age and pace is against him and I feel can switch off at times defensively and with his passing.

If you dislike Kasper, then you shouldn't support Leicester.

I really hope we can keep hold of him, even if we don't go up. He is a class goalkeeper, and definitely one of the best goalkeepers in English Football, let alone the Championship in my opinion. His shot stopping is some of the best I've seen, you see goalkeepers make some class saves, but Kasper makes some class and key one's week in week out. One save in particular I will always enjoy was his one at Pompey last season, his agility and reflex skills were World Class, he had to make two great saves in a matter of seconds, made the first, then they smashed the rebound right towards the other side of the goal, and somehow he managed to get back up and dive right to the other side of the goal and save it. Was an incredible save.

People question his distribution, but when have we seen him make a real mistake, like Weale used to do or what we seen with Carl Ikeme. Miss kicking kicks to opposition players who then go onto score, let the ball through his legs, miss handle shots etc...

I have always liked Kasper, yes I actually like other players apart from St Ledger.

He's a born leader; a fighter, and spurs the outfield players on. 

Someone which our previous goalkeepers lacked over the last 10 years.

Yeah, Paddy Kenny is a much better...  lol  lol

If you dislike Kasper, then you shouldn't support Leicester.

I really hope we can keep hold of him, even if we don't go up. He is a class goalkeeper, and definitely one of the best goalkeepers in English Football, let alone the Championship in my opinion. His shot stopping is some of the best I've seen, you see goalkeepers make some class saves, but Kasper makes some class and key one's week in week out. One save in particular I will always enjoy was his one at Pompey last season, his agility and reflex skills were World Class, he had to make two great saves in a matter of seconds, made the first, then they smashed the rebound right towards the other side of the goal, and somehow he managed to get back up and dive right to the other side of the goal and save it. Was an incredible save.

People question his distribution, but when have we seen him make a real mistake, like Weale used to do or what we seen with Carl Ikeme. Miss kicking kicks to opposition players who then go onto score, let the ball through his legs, miss handle shots etc...

I have always liked Kasper, yes I actually like other players apart from St Ledger.

Kasper is a great keeper.

I hope he stays with us next season wherever we are.

And Leeds fans said he was shit wtf had they been smoking?

He's a born leader; a fighter, and spurs the outfield players on. 

Someone which our previous goalkeepers lacked over the last 10 years.

Yeah, Paddy Kenny is a much better...  lol  lol

This is what I love about this board, players are either 'great' or 'shit' depending on the perceived wisdom of the moment. 

Suggest that a 'great' player is perhaps not quite perfect and you are told by some idiot that you shouldn't be supporting a club, the club that you have been following for more than 50 years, banter my arse.

Archived