Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Kasper and promotion

What do you think of St Leger/Whitbread? Would you have preferred them to have been given a longer run in the first team when available? Keane looks good but he's not as experienced or an enforcer.

You don't buy into 'gelling' do you (I can't remember)? I think it can go in different ways but the more time a team spends playing together (especially the defence), the better. That's why I'm slightly concerned that Wes and Schmeichel (even he's a worry if we don't go up) are the only 'dead certs' in there at the moment. It would be good if Keane could stick around and make the spot alongside Wes his own. That leaves De Laet, who I like, but not 100% confident in defensively and Konchesky, whose age and pace is against him and I feel can switch off at times defensively and with his passing.

Sadly both SSL and Whitbread are injury prone, the chances of them getting a real run in the side seems negligible. Keane is a smashing young player whose natural environment will be the EPL. Not quite 'worldly' enough for the very physical championship but he has been outstanding on occasions.

This is kinda my point about Morgan, he isn't quite the enforcer either, neither is he particularly vocal or a great organiser and as the senior man he really should be all of those things. 

Get him holding the line 30 yards out and he is quite magnificent, when we are at our best, playing the pressing game he mops up pretty much everything, the main reason we are so much better defensively when we play this way.

This is what I love about this board, players are either 'great' or 'shit' depending on the perceived wisdom of the moment. 

Suggest that a 'great' player is perhaps not quite perfect and you are told by some idiot that you shouldn't be supporting a club, the club that you have been following for more than 50 years, banter my arse.

I think people are mainly grateful that we have the best keeper we've had here in about 10 years, who has on the whole played great for us and who has been selected in the Championship Team of the Year.

Not at all

Okay, you're obviously not going to tell us why or who you source is etc. but just to pose another question, why would Kasper leave us (if we got promoted) to play for a smaller club?

Agree about the first bit, but comparing him to our recent keepers is setting the bar pretty low.

Championship team of the year, not for me, I have seen better though I would be hard pushed to name them, I don't pay a lot of attention to other team's players.

Okay, you're obviously not going to tell us why or who you source is etc. but just to pose another question, why would Kasper leave us (if we got promoted) to play for a smaller club?

Is this a serious question? I'm not sure so I'll presume it is.

Because currently they're a better team than we are, because they won't be fighting relegation as we probably would be, because they're in Europe, because he'd be number 1 (I think) and because Michael Laudrup is probably one of his heroes, being Danish and all. Oh, and on top of all that he might get a wage increase.

This is what I love about this board, players are either 'great' or 'shit' depending on the perceived wisdom of the moment.

Suggest that a 'great' player is perhaps not quite perfect and you are told by some idiot that you shouldn't be supporting a club, the club that you have been following for more than 50 years, banter my arse.

That's not right, kermo was decent.

Is this a serious question? I'm not sure so I'll presume it is.

Because currently they're a better team than we are, because they won't be fighting relegation as we probably would be, because they're in Europe, because he'd be number 1 (I think) and because Michael Laudrup is probably one of his heroes, being Danish and all. Oh, and on top of all that he might get a wage increase.

Yes they are a better team than us.

Sorry Mystic Meg, I didn't realise you could see into the future. How do you know that? Look what happened to Newcastle this year when they were competing in Europe (a much bigger club with a much better squad and team). Again, how do you know he'd be number 1? He probably would if they signed him but you can't say that for sure.

The Laudrup comment is fair but there's a chance he won't even be there next season and you can counter that by saying that he might not want to live in Wales.

A wage increase? Ha, doubt that. He's on near 30k a week here; you think Swansea will pay that to a guy who hasn't played in the Premier League? Doubt it very much.

Oh and by the way, I was asking the person who said that its a done deal to Swansea so I just wanted to hear what Kasper's reasons are considering he is relatively fond of this club. So I was not necessarily suggesting that it would be a wrong move on Kasper's part, just trying to get some 'facts'  :thumbup:

The Danish influence of Laudrup at Swansea. Apparently he doesn't get on with Pearson all that well (that old chestnut again) lol

I'm not claiming to be itk but I'm only repeating what someone at the club has said. I hope it's bullishit

Take Kasper and Big Wes out of our side and I would fancy an under 10's side to nick a few goals. His shot stopping is very good and his general footballing intelligence makes him a very good leader. You don't get many goalkeepers at this level (and above) willing to come off there line to come and gather then ball, so bit of a harsh criticism.
Distance wise his kicking and throwing are superb, however is frustrating sometimes when he misses our 6'4 striker by 30 yards and the ball goes out for a goalkick. For professional footballers that is really the easiest skill of all and probably needs some work.

I think what will be important, in terms of whether Kasper goes or not, is not whether a PL team comes in for him or not (That's bound to happen) but rather whether a PL team comes in a guarantees him a place in the starting line up.

He's stated several times that he does not want to be bench warming for PL sides, hence his drop down to the championship. 

• 4 months later...

Archived