Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Kasper and promotion

I know I've criticised Kasper sometimes for his insistence on the long-ball distribution but this man has been immense recently IMO.

Without him in goal I doubt we'd be in the play-offs and with him in the team I think we have half a chance of getting through to Wembley.

I know it's been posted before but sod it, I just wanted to post to appreciate the impact Kasper is having at the moment and long may it continue.

I fear if we don't go up, he's off and I reckon there would be plenty of takers.

For me, him and Marshall are the best keepers in the division by a country mile.

:thumbup:

Couldn't agree more. He's been fantastic recently and with him in goal, were we to go to a penalty shoot-out with Watford then I would feel confident as he seems to have the knack of guessing the right way and on top of that is an excellent shot stopper.

Can see him leaving if we don't go up this season.

I just love how he feels so much emotion and passion much like any fan would when we score, concede, win or lose. The way he goes about showing those emotions shows that he genuinely cares for the club and wants us to go up. Just take a look at the celebration of our goal yesterday - it's almost as if he is crying with joy!

I cant believe that there are people who criticise him tbh. He has been our best keeper in 10 years, sure he is slightly dodgy from corners and has let a few long rangers in but they are minor weaknesses, and only occur because he is not as big as somw other keepers.

We've had to put up with Weale, Henderson and Ricardo in the past ffs. Be grateful!

Shoot me if you will but it would be nice if Kasper had Ricardos distribution.Ricardo felt he was one of the outfield team as well.Kaspers attitude is ive done my bit im going to whack it as far as possible and let the rest of you get on with it.Great shotstopper but melting it long time after time when we needed composure.Just one area we could improve in and keep the football which we pretty good at times.Seemed to get it back fairly easily last night due to the intensity and pace but may not be the case on sunday

Shoot me if you will but it would be nice if Kasper had Ricardos distribution.Ricardo felt he was one of the outfield team as well.Kaspers attitude is ive done my bit im going to whack it as far as possible and let the rest of you get on with it.Great shotstopper but melting it long time after time when we needed composure.Just one area we could improve in and keep the football which we pretty good at times.Seemed to get it back fairly easily last night due to the intensity and pace but may not be the case on sunday

This isn't hard to change though all it would take is a word from Pearson and to tell the full backs to spread, I can't see why its not been done already that is one big weakness within the team.

Biggest Foxestalk cliche by a mile is <whichever keeper is our number 1> has shit distribution. Are you kidding me? His distribution is great. The fact he's lumping it long is because he's been told to, not just because he wants to the ball away from him.

He'll have a long and successful career in the top flight. I just hope it's with us.

Wouldn't say he is 'Premier League goalkeeper'. There has to be a reason why he is 26 and has only ever played regular for Leicester, Leeds and Notts County. He has played well recently, but so have the rest of the team. Made some good saves yesterday especially, but his goal kicks need to be worked on - he does kick it too far, where as I look at Almunia, who always gets his kicks on the forwards' head.

Best goalkeeper since Ian Walker, but not irreplaceable.

Wes Morgan is better.

Perhaps Morgan will be harder to replace and is more central to what we do as a team but who would you be more confident in making the step up? I think Morgan could be a good PL player wheras Kasper will be a good PL and that is the difference.

Perhaps Morgan will be harder to replace and is more central to what we do as a team but who would you be more confident in making the step up? I think Morgan could be a good PL player wheras Kasper will be a good PL and that is the difference.

That's purely age related, Morgan is a better player in his position currently.

I'd be worried if he's our "best player" makes good saves but the amounts of times he just pushes things back into dangerous areas instead over the top or round the post worries me and makes me question his Premier League credentials.

Wouldn't mind seeing him jog on if we got Foderingham or Moore, massively over rated by our fans due to the dire keepers we've had before and his fist pumping and fan clapping

Both are massively over rated in my view.

I've explained why often enough so I'm not getting into it again, Their failure to dominate our box was a recurring theme....... :dunno:

Both are massively over rated in my view.

I've explained why often enough so I'm not getting into it again, Their failure to dominate our box was a recurring theme....... :dunno:

Morgan is having a great season.

He'll do well to repeat it no matter what division we are in and he has started to tail off in the last 2-3 months but on the whole he's been outstanding.

Morgan is having a great season.

He'll do well to repeat it no matter what division we are in and he has started to tail off in the last 2-3 months but on the whole he's been outstanding.

Morgan will struggle big time in the Prem.

If Pearson wasn't okay with his long ball distribution he wouldn't be doing it.

Simple as that, he'll be on orders to an extent.

Morgan will struggle big time in the Prem.

Every one of our players will according to you. We get it, we're shit.

Morgan is our captain, leader and most experienced central defender. 

We are completely bobbins at defending corners or other set pieces, he and Schmeichel should be totally dominating our area but they don't and it is costing us.

Of course it could be all the fault of our useless midfield....... :huh:

If Pearson wasn't okay with his long ball distribution he wouldn't be doing it.

Simple as that, he'll be on orders to an extent.

Every one of our players will according to you. We get it, we're shit.

He aint far wrong is he. It's a big jump.

Archived