Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

After reading the reaction from fellow Foxes...

First half we were good apart from the back 4, second half we were very poor due to shit tactics and players tiring very quickly.

And it was a dive, a clear dive, accept it.

I agree with this. But that doesnt mean we were outplayed...silly tactics and that muppet Kane mainly.

I said It WAS a penalty and IMO it was, but he went down like a sack of spuds. My point is, every foul on the pitch its the same routine, a little nudge...fall over..free kick. Its the way footballs been for ages. The fact Knocky did it at a crucial time in the area, gets the diving bridgade out, but IMO it was just a  keeping to consistancy.

Guest ttfn

We were outplayed. No disgrace, but we were.

I thought they were the better team over 2 games but "outplayed" is over-stating it.

I think your embaressing us if you think we were 'outplayed'. They had alot of pressure but did the threaten us? Barely. Schlupp had Anya in his pocket, he was running out of ideas. Deeney was the only player who caused us any problems(Only when he went up against Keane). Morgan was dealing with him comfertably, and tbh other than about 67 minutes(when they scored), I always felt comfertable..Watford are a good team but we were DEBATABLY the better team over the 90(no worse if not better) but definetly over the 180..Robbed

You're having a laugh.

At the KP we were in control of the game and had more chances until the goal, we never looked in any danger. It was only after the goal Leicester game at us and looked like scoring again.

Today Leicester had more possession in the first half but created very little really in the second half we totally dominated the game.

You're having a laugh.

At the KP we were in control of the game and had more chances until the goal, we never looked in any danger. It was only after the goal Leicester game at us and looked like scoring again.

Today Leicester had more possession in the first half but created very little really in the second half we totally dominated the game.

At the KP you were in control over the game? pffft haha. how many chances? 1 anya from edge of box from a Schlupp mistake. 2nd half 1 by Vydra. thats it. We had 3 or 4 great chances. 1-0 were deserved if anything after the last 10-15 probably should of been 2 or 3. The only thing you could argue - 'if Vydra scored it would be a different game' true but what about a nice 1 on 1 for Woody today 2-1 at HT different game? lol.

Today first half, we were the better team again. Should of had a pen, had about 8 corners? didnt do much with possesion but a final pass away from getting through a few times which eventually came and should of been 2-1.

So 135mins out of 180 gone and We are comfertably ahead on points and are IMO at this point VERY unlucky to only be 1 up.

The only arguement you have is the 2nd half(tbh only between 60-80 really). Up until 60, a mazey dribble and a lucky deflection onto the post and thats it? Then partly because of Kane, partly because of Pearson and partly because to be fair Vydra, Deeney and Foresteri are a good trio you boss the game..Id of gone 4-5-1 rather than bringing on Kane. However you boss it have a few chances, but last 10 you slowed down and tbh I felt comfertable going into extra time, admittly hoping we'd pick it up, but also feeling we could win it if we want it.

Low and behold though 96 strikes and we get a pen. We rode a 20-25 minute storm? and thats dominance? Not really, we'd of deserved it. What we didnt deserve is what happened in the way it happened.

IMO going into extra time, I think we'd have every chance to win it. Granted Watford might as well, but I think both would of tightened up(You brought Hogg on). Pens or a equal chance of a winner(Bookies had us STILL favourites at 2-2)..

So IMO you wernt the better team, unless being the better team means having more possession. In terms of football, holding the ball, final product, positioning, marking, timing, runs off the ball etc etc all matter. You had more possesion so some people will think you dominated, however the only reason you had more possesion is because we had 2 in CM vs your 3, hence why Pearson at 60 should of took off Wood and put a 4-5-1 Drinky/King/James with Dyer, Knocky off Nugent.

End of the day your in the final and thats all that matters and I do think your a decent team(I think the winner was going to be the winner of this, despite Brightons form)..however we deserved to go through and its stupidy in so many fashions that got us out:

-Pearsons Tactics

-Pearsons choice of replacements

-Blatent pen first minute not given

-Wood onside

-Kane not easily cleaning Anya out on that counter for 3-2.

-Knocky not converting a chance I could stick in the corner.

Any of these things would of given us a win...

Essay ended.

I'm not sure we watched the same game. Pretty sure Watford had double the chances we had, and 3 times the amount of shots on target. We kept playing hoof ball, while every time Deeney got the ball it looked they they were going to score.

I thought that watching from the other side of the planet.  Extra time may have been fair but we looked tired and heavy footed with about half an hour to go in the second half and I couldn't see us holding out with an additional 30 minutes.  

I'll have a pint of what this guy is drinking. Take away the penalty and we ONE shot on target, some poor free kicks but that was it. They opened us up with quick precision passing time after time, we lumped it forward. Next season will be worse, he will offload more senior players and replace them with more hit and miss youngsters like Kane, Vardy, DD etc. I know people say we just need some experience to compliment the youngsters, well why didn't he sign them this season, because he can't handle experienced strong leaders so signs kids and 'yes boss' people. If others want to accept more of the same next season, or possible worse if the standard improves, then yes, let's keep the tactically inept baboon and look forward to more kids learning how to hoof the ball for 90 mins.

''can't handle experienced strong leaders' Wes Morgan anyone? What a ****ing stupid comment you've made. He didn't sign experienced players because HE WASN'T GIVEN ANY MONEY TO DO SO. He's tried to sign these players but hasn't been backed by the board.

''can't handle experienced strong leaders' Wes Morgan anyone? What a ****ing stupid comment you've made. He didn't sign experienced players because HE WASN'T GIVEN ANY MONEY TO DO SO. He's tried to sign these players but hasn't been backed by the board.

Morgan doesn't and never has come across to me as a 'strong leader'.

A gifted defender in himself, I think he finds it difficult to marshall the back four, let alone the whole team whilst on the pitch.

Morgan isn't the type of captain I'd have and has not been able to rally the team when faltering away from home. Which has happened more this season than it did under Pearson's first tenure.

The centre back pairing of Brown and Hobbs were far more convincing with Wellens as the skipper.

There is a difference between being a good player and being a good captain. Wes epitomises this IMO.

Morgan doesn't and never has come across to me as a 'strong leader'.

A gifted defender in himself, I think he finds it difficult to marshall the back four, let alone the whole team whilst on the pitch.

Morgan isn't the type of captain I'd have and has not been able to rally the team when faltering away from home. Which has happened more this season than it did under Pearson's first tenure.

The centre back pairing of Brown and Hobbs were far more convincing with Wellens as the skipper.

There is a difference between being a good player and being a good captain. Wes epitomises this IMO.

I actually agree for once. I would go as far as to say there are NO leaders in the team, at all. Kasper is loud but i'm not convinced he's a leader of men.

I actually agree for once. I would go as far as to say there are NO leaders in the team, at all. Kasper is loud but i'm not convinced he's a leader of men.

I thought you agreed with one of my posts yesterday too?

Should I be honoured?

lol

:thumbup:

Watford are a good side. And they were the better team yesterday but we had our chance and didn't take it. But we must keep the faith stick with Pearson, as another fan rightly said if Knocky had put the pen away everyone would be Kissing Nigel's arse right now.

Watford are a good side. And they were the better team yesterday but we had our chance and didn't take it. But we must keep the faith stick with Pearson, as another fan rightly said if Knocky had put the pen away everyone would be Kissing Nigel's arse right now.

But we did not and the only sight I want of Pearsons arse is as it's walking out the door.

'Bossing the game' I hate that phrase. We didn't boss either game. Working hard and getting in their faces isn't bossing a game.

Watford are team that are happy to absorb plenty of pressure and attempt to counter attack or create chances once they get a chance to get hold of the ball and work it. People are misconstruing our possession and an eagerness to attack as 'bossing the game.

Football is about goals and the fact is we created very few good chances over the two games. Watford however created a number of good chances in both matches, they didn't take them in the first leg but they corrected that yesterday. They created chances with relative ease through open-play.

I'm not saying we played badly, but Watford were the better team. End of.

'Bossing the game' I hare that phrase. We didn't boss either game. Working hard and getting in their faces isn't bossing a game.

Watford are team that are happy to absorb plenty of pressure and attempt to counter attack or create chances once they get a chance to get hold of the ball and work it. People are misconstruing our possession and an eagerness to attack as 'bossing the game.

Football is about goals and the fact is we created very few good chances over the two games. Watford however created a number of good chances in both matches, they didn't take them in the first leg but they corrected that yesterday. They created chances with relative ease through open-play.

I'm not saying we played badly, but Watford were the better team. End of.

'Bossing the game' was maybe a bit dramatic..But if we are talking 'strong dominace', IMO it was us between 0-20 and 75-90 of the first game..Watford 55-80 yesterday. 35 mins of us/25 of them...The rest was very equal, but in terms of genuine chances, at the KP we had so many more..They didnt create a number of good chances at the KP, they had 1 guilt edge and 1 that was rushed on the edge of the box. We had 3 or 4 id class as 'MUST SCORE' chances. Nugent from Dyer's pull back, Knocky on the wing(if not score, square to Dyer for a tap in), Keane(leave it for Knocky and its a great chance) and a few other good 'half' chances(and this doesnt include our goal). So IMO to only score 1 in the first leg was unjust..How can anyone say we didnt deserve at least 2/3 goals in the first leg?

2nd leg less of a threat but we did score, had a pen and another stonewall that should of been given, 3 free kicks within 20-25 yards, Wood through on goal and even remember Kanes poor miss after about 85 mins that would of put us through..so if we barely created any chances, I obviously watched a different game...

All everyone is doing is judging on possession..but its what you do with it that counts. Good teams open up teams and keep it solid at the back, Watford did NEITHER of these, they had relativly little creativity and didnt actually do that much with it, especially in the first game when I never felt a threat.

I think we were the better team over 2 legs.

All everyone is doing is judging on possession..but its what you do with it that counts. Good teams open up teams and keep it solid at the back, Watford did NEITHER of these, they had relativly little creativity and didnt actually do that much with it, especially in the first game when I never felt a threat.

I think we were the better team over 2 legs.

Totally disagree with this. Watford created the better chances in both games.

I'm not sure how you can say Watford had little creativity and didn't open us up. For the last 25 minutes they did nothing but open us up. They have numerous creative players and in both matches opened us up countless times via their creativity. If Vdyra had been at the races in the first leg, we tie would have been dead and buried fairly early on.

Totally disagree with this. Watford created the better chances in both games.

I'm not sure how you can say Watford had little creativity and didn't open us up. For the last 25 minutes they did nothing but open us up. They have numerous creative players and in both matches opened us up countless times via their creativity. If Vdyra had been at the races in the first leg, we tie would have been dead and buried fairly early on.

We'll have to agree to disagree then because the first leg, I dont remember barely any chances from then. Considering they were so much better than us it is pretty amazing Abdi said after the game 'We didnt play well today, they were the better team'. Hmmm.

Archived