Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

Danny Drinkwater?

What's the fascination with this guy?! Honestly he's been awful since the turn of the year and today summed it up!

- constantly out of position

- challenges for nothing

- no pace. Tries to track back but doesn't

For me, he's on the sell list. Just wondered if I'm alone in this view

I agree he was poor today and trying to play him further forward didn't work. Pearson got it wrong today.

But he's still young and was in a side that was 2nd before the turn of the year.

He seems to summarise our whole team (bar the slight recent upturn in form) who have lost their confidence/ability since january, alot of players also seem to come here, perform great , then dip under NP (wood, marshall are good examples)

I thought he was pushed forward because King and James were doing ok in the important holding positions and we needed to press more energetically further up the pitch. Don't think he was that bad. Totally different player in either half of the season though. One of the top three for the first half of the season in my eyes.

Drinkwater put in some impressive performances in the first part of the season but his lack of physical strength and height troubles me.  King and particularly James can compete in the air but Drinkwater has to wait for the second ball.  I'd sell him if we got our money back.

This thread again could be turned on its head.

Drinky is ANOTHER player who I really rated when Pearson signed him.

Mysteriously, like Wood and Marshall he appears to have become a shadow of his former player.

Look at it this way... Which of you at the start of the season thought that a play-off semi wouldn't feature Ben and Drinky in the starting 11? Be honest.

He was completely the wrong player to bring on at that time.

His form has dipped badly like others in the squad. I don't see him as a starter next season tbh, not if James and King are performing the way they have in the last 3 games.

I've struggled with this question all season - out of King, Drinkwater & James, which 2 would you play?

Well currently James and King.

But at various points during the season, I've thought that Drinkwater/James and Drinkwater/King are our best central midfield partnership.

Archived