Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vale Blue

Is there really a better alternative to Pearson

Is there really a better alternative to Pearson? 

I'd sure hope so...because, tactically and philosophically, little I've seen suggests he has a clue and make no mistake this season was a limp-wristed failure and for no good reason.   

But a glance at some of the published alternatives is hardly inspiring.

philosophically?

Yeah... buying young hungry players with potential and getting rid of high earners who don't care about the club... terrible philosophy!

Now that Pullis has left Stoke i'd be surprised if at least one or two prem clubs were not after him.

I think Pearson should stay but if getting rid is something the owners want to do I would move Heaven and earth to get a Manager Like Tony Pullis in!

Now that Pullis has left Stoke i'd be surprised if at least one or two prem clubs were not after him.

I think Pearson should stay but if getting rid is something the owners want to do I would move Heaven and earth to get a Manager Like Tony Pullis in!

Why not get John Beck as his assistant. I'm sure he'd like another go at this level.

Is there really a better alternative to Pearson? 

I'd sure hope so...because, tactically and philosophically, little I've seen suggests he has a clue and make no mistake this season was a limp-wristed failure and for no good reason.   

But a glance at some of the published alternatives is hardly inspiring.

Fully agree, I do feel that the owners have reached a crossroads and know not which way to turn.

Firstly there does seem to be a lack of wothwhile replacement candidates.

Also is it not a case of the devil you know syndrome.

If we were to keep him in charge and we start the season badly (similar to our recent poor run of results) then the owners may well move quickly to get rid of.

The problem with this of course is that any new manager would probably want to bring players in but be unable to due the transfer window being closed.

If you get rid of him now then it at least gives a new manager to build his team for next season.

Of course we could start next season on a flyer and remain so all season, who knows none of us have a crystal ball.

There are of course some very good worthwhile managers currently unemployed, it's just a question of who would want the job, especially with the owners demands for promotion.

As I said don't ask me who would be willing to take such a task on, as it's something I can't answer.

I do feel however, that having watched city for the last 40 years under various managers that Pearson is not the messiah that some people think. 

Personally I would have sacked him as soon as this campaign was over, then taken some time over trying to ensure we had the best man in for the job. 

But as stated earlier who that would be at this present moment I have no idea!

philosophically?

Yeah... buying young hungry players with potential and getting rid of high earners who don't care about the club... terrible philosophy!

The funny thing here is that Thracian's usually one of the first to bang about the importance of the youth academy and the involvement of younger players, in particular Andy King (who is his secret lovechild :ph34r:). 

Given NPs record in the Championship, his record with LCFC and the fact this is his team, there surely isn't a better alternative out there.

If we brought in someone else they would want to start again, we literally cant meet the FFP requirements now, how are we meant to spend more. NP I believe can reduce the wage bill and get rid of deadwood, no other manager currently named could do that.

O'Neill, Lennon and Hughes would want to spend. Hughes is dreadful, Lennon I'm not massively impressed, he's had it so easy in Scotland with Rangers gifting them all his trophies.

O'Neill is he passed it or just needs an absolute shed load to be successful?

In a word... No

Archived