Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

YOUN9Y

Nice to meet Alan today and get a personalised signed copy.

Was a decent turn out also, more than I expected, the queue took about 30 minutes and must have been about 100 people there.

From what I know Young hit rock bottom in life no so long ago, and his role with Radio Leicester has been a lifeline to a man who has a deep fondness for our club.

He's not perfect as a pundit but this is local radio not Match of the day, and they talk shit on these sometimes also.

Well said mate:)!

Yes, he was signing copies in thurmaston today. I'm not as massive fan of his I've gotta admit.  However he does seem to love the club, and for £10 it was worth a go for a holiday read.

Can't believe no one has mentioned quite a startling point yet. 

Alan, whenever asked about the club after he left and before he joined BBC Radio, he said he didn't follow us then. Didn't follow us?

Now, i don;t have too much of a problem with a man getting a job as a summariser at one of his former clubs. But all of a sudden crying with joy at our goals on air seems pathetically fake to me.

I wouldn't have felt the need to post this if it stopped there. But now releasing a book with him in a Leicester shirt entitled YOUNG9Y is milking our club's fans.

In realty he's a very arrogant man who is a fake. 

Alan, whenever asked about the club after he left and before he joined BBC Radio, he said he didn't follow us then. Didn't follow us?

Now, i don;t have too much of a problem with a man getting a job as a summariser at one of his former clubs. But all of a sudden crying with joy at our goals on air seems pathetically fake to me.

I wouldn't have felt the need to post this if it stopped there. But now releasing a book with him in a Leicester shirt entitled YOUNG9Y is milking our club's fans.

Don't buy his book then.Jeez  :unsure:

He's been at every single one of our games for the last 3 years and you have a problem with him getting emotionally involved?

I went a while barely following us in my early teens, I barely ever listened to a game on the radio let alone went to a match, then I started going a bit more in 2008 and was as devastated as anyone by the end of the season when we went down.

If you've got history with the club it doesn't take long to get swept up in it again, especially if you go to every game.

On a plus note I'm 50 odd pages into the book and it has made me laugh out loud several times.

It's honest, rough and ready, down to earth and in the words of Bubbles... Deeeeeecent!

There in lies the problem with 'star' players returning to the club or it's associations without the necessary 'skills' to do a similar 'star' performance.

Young was my lads favourite player but he's done himself no favours in the eyes of many fans with his less than 'star' performance on the radio. Walsh would have had the same problem if he'd have gone full-time as co-commentator.

I understand he was desperate for a job but he seems to be oblivious to the animosity he evokes with some fans.

He was my first hero as a city fan DavieG but I have to agree he is shite on the radio

Archived