Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

YOUN9Y

There in lies the problem with 'star' players returning to the club or it's associations without the necessary 'skills' to do a similar 'star' performance.

Young was my lads favourite player but he's done himself no favours in the eyes of many fans with his less than 'star' performance on the radio. Walsh would have had the same problem if he'd have gone full-time as co-commentator.

I understand he was desperate for a job but he seems to be oblivious to the animosity he evokes with some fans. 

From what I know Young hit rock bottom in life no so long ago, and his role with Radio Leicester has been a lifeline to a man who has a deep fondness for our club.

He's not perfect as a pundit but this is local radio not Match of the day, and they talk shit on these sometimes also.

i think youn9y does a great job on radio. i love his honesty, he just tells it as it is. i remember standing in pen 2 watching him score 2 against watford 1st game of the season under jock wallace and he was awesome in the air. a real fans favourite who deserves a lot more credit from our fans.

we had a fantastic team in div 2 then, and the support back then was hardcore in the kop.Hes a scottish guy who signed from oldham after scoring a hatrick against us i remember and he fell completely in love with our fans and city and is a genuine leicester fan. thats a bit more than i can say about melrose, may, o`neil henderson etc. where are they now? For the real filbert street crowd you will always be a legend mate

i think youn9y does a great job on radio. i love his honesty, he just tells it as it is. i remember standing in pen 2 watching him score 2 against watford 1st game of the season under jock wallace and he was awesome in the air. a real fans favourite who deserves a lot more credit from our fans.

we had a fantastic team in div 2 then, and the support back then was hardcore in the kop.Hes a scottish guy who signed from oldham after scoring a hatrick against us i remember and he fell completely in love with our fans and city and is a genuine leicester fan. thats a bit more than i can say about melrose, may, o`neil henderson etc. where are they now? For the real filbert street crowd you will always be a legend mate

Totally agree and I must have stood very near to you, Oh how I miss dodging coins being thrown at us from Pen 1.

Davie G...never seen young play...does he warrant an autobiography???...like youngs honesty on the radio.

I don't know but I guess his publisher must think he can make some money from it.

He was well liked for his passion and commitment and was an integral part of a team that got promoted to the top tier so you could argue he was a success. I'm not sure I'd put him in the legendary class but everyone has a different view on what constitutes a legend so there are probably a good few who would view him as such.

I actually met him on the train after Middlesbro away this season. Likeable bloke who genuinely does care for the club and its followers. I have nothing against him. Doesn't deserve half the stick he gets.

Guest bss9401

Shame I can't get there tomorrow. The man is a foxes legend and I like his style and passion. Generally I hate listening to commentary if I can't make a game so I tend to dislike all commentators. They irritate me but that is about my passion for Leicester and frustration at not being able to see the game. Good luck to Youngy and I hope it sells well. I have his autograph on several programmes from his playing days anyway!!

Archived