Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maxwelld_

Leicester 2nd fav again to win the league

Indeed, I mean just look at this season just gone, with the teams that came down then you wouldn't have necessarily picked Cardiff to win the league, Hull for runners up and Palace to follow suit in the play offs re promotion! Predictions are about as valuable as the paper they're written on re this particular league nowadays - which amounts to very little value! The only predictable thing in football now is what order the top 5 teams in the Prem are going to finish sadly! :(

Exactly - and you certainly wouldn't have picked Wolves to be relegated!

Ridiculous

They won't be getting any of my money until I see the various squads before the season starts.

Again, how on earth anyone can tell anything NOW is beyond me.

QPR, for example, will most probably look a completely different squad than it does now.

Guest MattP

Yes it is, the bloke bottles it every time

lol

When everything goes right, it's everyone who is responsible.

When something goes wrong, it's straight on the manager.

Watford are favourites in my opinion if, as is expected, they keep hold of all their loans and add a few more, they'll be difficult to stop.

QPR have the players, but do they have the desire? If Redknapp can get them motivated, like Watford they'll take some stopping.

Reading have the perfect manager to bounce back. He knows the league and his positive attitudes is well suited to this situation.

Wigan will depends on whether Martinez stays, hopefully he won't.

Then there's Bolton, Forest, Leeds and Ipswich who all had good form towards the end of the season under new-ish managers.

It's going to be tough, again.

watford are under a transfer embargo. if the FL vote to treat international loans the same as domestic as expected over the summer they are up shit creek, because they'll have to get rid, or get permission to sign during the emabrgo.

qpr will do a pompey, they are in freefall, harry is checkbook manager, and although the parachute money is not counted towards ffp, people like bosingwa won't play in the champ. they'll lose 5-10 players imo and the manager.

reading are the threat, they have the money, squad and a good proven manager.

having said all that, we're looking at mid table at best.

In all fairness 9/1 is quite reasonable for us at this stage, there will only be about 6-8 real contenders once the season starts and we are one of few that have a stable first team that could challenge.

Teams like Bolton, Leeds, Forest and Ipswich will need some development before there odds fall closer to the start of the season.

QPR, Wigan, Brighton and Reading all have a shout depending on how motivated there teams are.

However personally think Watford, Bolton and Reading will be our main contenders come the start of the season. Will be interesting to see if I think the same when the start of the season finally arrives.

Don't make me laugh about 2nd favourites for promotion,the only way that would be a justified prediction is if Pearson is removed.tactically the man is a joke if he stays I predict more play off heartache for us,we should be looking for a leader with a winning promotion mentality like a Tony Pullis,Martin O'Neill,Neil Warnock,and get rid of this joker .

Agreed , I can't for the life of me understand why any bookies would make us favourites under the present set up. Maybe they know something we don't ?

Guest MattP

Agreed , I can't for the life of me understand why any bookies would make us favourites under the present set up. Maybe they know something we don't ?

Because they still take money from people on us at those prices.

I personally think Watford's defeat yesterday was damaging to them. The rules on loanees are a changing, and this will mean they won't be able to repeat what they've done this season.

It's all very well saying they'll sign the loanees on permanent deals, but the Pozzos are likely to receive cash offers for some of thos who've really impressed. There's also the fact that going to Watford for a year to put yourself in the spotlight and fight for a first team place is a very different proposition to signing for them for three years.

Player power will always out in such situations. If Vydra, Cassetti or Abdi wish to have a stab at Premier League or Serie A football they can dig their heels in and look for other clubs. It's not as easy as moving players around like property these days if they're ambitious.

QPR have car crash written all over them. They'll be shifting players left, right and centre and 'Arry hasn't managed in this division for a decade. Rebuilding a whole team in line with FFP when you haven't managed in one of the most competitive leagues in Europe since 2003? Plenty of scope for Redknapp to get it wrong.

Reading are the big threat. Plenty of money, a good Championship team and a highly rated manager who encourages good football. They'll do well.

Wigan will do very well if they can keep Martinez and the bulk of their squad too.

Leeds will surprise a few with less stingy owners and Brian McDermott at the helm.

Bolton should continue their progress under Freedman.

It'll be a tough league but none of these challenges are insurmountable if Pearson ships out the dead wood and replaces them appropriately.

Watford's owners have just announced that all of the loans that Zola wants to keep will play for the hornets next season!! Plus more great players to follow.

"Fron Undinese we sign who we want" "From Udinese we sign who we want"  Looking forward to beating you guys again next season.

Watford's owners have just announced that all of the loans that Zola wants to keep will play for the hornets next season!! Plus more great players to follow.

"Fron Undinese we sign who we want" "From Udinese we sign who we want"  Looking forward to beating you guys again next season.

Well thats a bit gay then.

There's one good thing that can come out of this, "Number One hes on loan, Number two hes on loan, Number three hes on loan and Number 4 hes on loan.

Source?

Well thats a bit gay then.

There's one good thing that can come out of this, "Number One hes on loan, Number two hes on loan, Number three hes on loan and Number 4 hes on loan.

They will all sign permanent deals. Your team will be full of loans next season. hee hee!!!!!

Archived