Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maxwelld_

Leicester 2nd fav again to win the league

Yeah, we'll see what happens when the FL impose restrictions on foreign loans next season. Your owners can 'announce' whatever they like, until the FL makes a decision any such announcements are worthless.

EDIT: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/gianfranco-zola-faces-hard-summer-as-he-tries-to-plug-the-watford-gaps-8637190.html

Don't worry though, I'm sure all the other FL clubs who can't take advantage of this loophole will vote to keep it open for you.

Watford will not need to loan more than one or two players from sister clubs as the majority will be sign on permanent deals. A rule change will only effect other clubs from copying our wheeze. The horse has already bolted towards the premiership. It will be clubs like Leicester who will have to rely on loans, how funny is that!!

What debts ? Get on the program any outstanding loans are to be turned into equity in the club. And it's a good thing for you he has balance issues.

Under FFP the maximum permitted loss converted to equity is £8m, now you have stopped spending silly money on average players you should be ok.

Under FFP the maximum permitted loss converted to equity is £8m, now you have stopped spending silly money on average players you should be ok.

Funny enough average is just what you looked like at Wembley , out fought out thought and made to look average from top to bottom. You want to be thankful you did not get into the prem because the whippings you would have taken week in week out would have been unbearable to you but a bloody good laugh for us. :D

Watford will not need to loan more than one or two players from sister clubs as the majority will be sign on permanent deals. A rule change will only effect other clubs from copying our wheeze. The horse has already bolted towards the premiership. It will be clubs like Leicester who will have to rely on loans, how funny is that!!

As I said, we'll see about that. It's one thing signing on loan for a club for the season and another thing to sign for them permanently. I doubt you'll have a queue of talented footballers waiting to leave Spain and Italy to sign on the dotted line for a middle of the road Championship club, but time will tell.

Plus, the league will be tightening rules on sell-on clauses as well next season, so your club is going to have to pay for its players one way or another and with your pathetic gates and generally meagre income, I doubt you'll be bringing many Serie A and La Liga players in on their big wages, but again time will tell.

I suggest you spend less time worrying about our club. You see, we won't have to rely on a team of loanees because our manager actually scouts players and he has a keen eye for a bargain and is a very shrewed operator in the transfer market. Still, it must be nice for your manager to be able to sit back while your owners sort his squad out for him.

Leicester fans are very aware that we've flown too close to the sun in recent years and with Pearson in charge we're operating more within our means and aiming to be more financially sound. Our owners have done more than just a loan a few players in, they're turning some of our debt into equity, they've purchased our stadium to increase the revenue stream on match days - ours have truly put their money where their mouths are, and they may have made some mistakes, but they're doing their best to rectify them now.

You're just a sad little experiment for your owners. They don't care what happens to your club, you're just a nursery for the clubs they really care about. If they can sell players like Vydra for a decent sum of money, they'll sell them to the highest bidder.

Crow all you like now, we'll see what happens next season. At the minute, you've got a threadbare squad, no assurances that any of these loan players would want to sign for you permanently, the prospect of not being able to repeat your 'wheeze' this coming season, possible restrictions on how your owners' players can move from their sister clubs, a crumbling stadium and owners who don't give a shit. Come back at the end of the season and we'll see just who's better off in a year's time.

Now, **** off.

Goodbye you moron.

I'm astonished that only super_horns acknowledges the possibility that some of their loanees may go elsewhere.

Vydra, Abdi and Anya especially have made clubs sit up and take notice. Briggs is going back to Fulham and will probably get more than a few run outs at Craven Cottage, Chalobah may well be on the fringes of Chelsea's squad next season. Given that the Pozzos have built their empire on bringing up quality players and then selling them on before repeating the process, any neutral observer would have to conclude Watford's squad is likely to look very different next season.

Vydra has been watched closely by Tottenham, do you honestly think he'd want to stay at Vicarage Road if Tottenham came calling? Same for Abdi and Anya if Premier League clubs come calling. Yeovil and Barnsley or Manchester United and Arsenal? Not a tough call is it? 

Whether Watford fans like it or not, Vicarage Road is being used by the Pozzos as little more than a player showroom. Their priority, especially now Watford failed to gain promotion, will continue to be Udinese and maintaining their business model. If they can get £5m for a player or transfer him for free to Watford, they'll take the cash every time.

So bizarre that some of you don't grasp that. Methinks a bit of denial is going on.

If these loan rules are passed, and they probably will be, it may be time to start reassessing your predictions for next season.

Watford are going through a minor Cardiff phase.

Soon they'll have to wake up and face the facts that their owners are only using their club as an experiment.

They'll see how far they can go and once they're fed up with the rulings, they'll leave and leave a mess behind.

Don't be surprised to see the Pozzos move elsewhere with their "business model", abandoning Watford completely.

Just trying to correct some of the silly inaccurate comments about 'my club'. Thankfully our owners are fully backing the promotion attempt next season, very exciting times for us.

Hope you can sort all of your debts out, is the french chap still falling over?

Did you cry at Wemberlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

I just know what some modern footballers is like - of course we might want to sign them but they have agents who turn heads and look for better deals..

I actually think somebody like Anya could stay as he is British born (Scotland) but it would be interesting to see how long they sign for if any do (Forestieri did sign a 5 year deal but he is young and very unproven whereas Vydra is an international footballer for the Czech republic)

We didn't need the endless loan players we started with anyway - that was a bit of a rush job to fill up the squad before the transfer window TBH - a couple went back soon afterwards.

Anyway we'll just have to see what happens either way.

I'd be more confident had we gone up!

I just know what some modern footballers is like - of course we might want to sign them but they have agents who turn heads and look for better deals..

I actually think somebody like Anya could stay as he is British born (Scotland) but it would be interesting to see how long they sign for if any do (Forestieri did sign a 5 year deal but he is young and very unproven whereas Vydra is an international footballer for the Czech republic)

We didn't need the endless loan players we started with anyway - that was a bit of a rush job to fill up the squad before the transfer window TBH - a couple went back soon afterwards.

Anyway we'll just have to see what happens either way.

I'd be more confident had we gone up!

Not if Celtic have their way.

True - that was only an example though.

He might be more tempted to stick around than some of the overseas ones if nothing else was offered.

Maybe these fans are just more hopeful/confident that me!

Anyway as I said elsewhere can you predict anything in this league and be sure its going to be right...

As for us being touted favourites - it's a silly old game and water off a duck's back.

I don't believe the hype and neither should you.

We know what's happening when too many people buy into it - just look at all the posters on here who have a difficult time living with the fact that we don't have any god-given automatic right to promotion.

I'm astonished that only super_horns acknowledges the possibility that some of their loanees may go elsewhere.

Vydra, Abdi and Anya especially have made clubs sit up and take notice. Briggs is going back to Fulham and will probably get more than a few run outs at Craven Cottage, Chalobah may well be on the fringes of Chelsea's squad next season. Given that the Pozzos have built their empire on bringing up quality players and then selling them on before repeating the process, any neutral observer would have to conclude Watford's squad is likely to look very different next season.

Vydra has been watched closely by Tottenham, do you honestly think he'd want to stay at Vicarage Road if Tottenham came calling? Same for Abdi and Anya if Premier League clubs come calling. Yeovil and Barnsley or Manchester United and Arsenal? Not a tough call is it? 

Whether Watford fans like it or not, Vicarage Road is being used by the Pozzos as little more than a player showroom. Their priority, especially now Watford failed to gain promotion, will continue to be Udinese and maintaining their business model. If they can get £5m for a player or transfer him for free to Watford, they'll take the cash every time.

So bizarre that some of you don't grasp that. Methinks a bit of denial is going on.

If these loan rules are passed, and they probably will be, it may be time to start reassessing your predictions for next season.

At the end of the day all clubs sell players on if the price is right.  Mr Pozzo has said that Vydra will stay at Watford next season unless an offer comes in that is too big to refuse.  Apparently a bid by Tottenham of 12m was rejected in the January transfer window.  Arsenal amongst others are also interested but it's safe to say that he does go it won't be for peanuts.  Do think Spurs a  likely deal if Bale goes to Man Utd or Real Madrid, 

As for favourites next season I think Reading must be in with a fair shout.  I can't see your club doing any better than this season and if you don't get off to a good start I imagine Pearson would be very likely to get the sack. 

Don't understand how we can be 2nd favourites. I'd put us 5th or 6th on the list. And being one of the favourites hasn't done us any favours before.

Lay us off, has made sense the last 3 seasons, cant help but think it will make sense next season too.

If this season plays out like last season, we'll be mid table.

The quality of the league last season was dire,

I can see the PL relegated teams cleaning up this season. We missed a real opportunity last season, I think we'll come to rue it....

I can see the PL relegated teams cleaning up this season. We missed a real opportunity last season, I think we'll come to rue it....

My thoughts exactly

Why is that exactly? I think everyone thought the same last season with the Teams that came down, who's to say an unknown team will come out and win it?

Watford are going through a minor Cardiff phase.

Soon they'll have to wake up and face the facts that their owners are only using their club as an experiment.

They'll see how far they can go and once they're fed up with the rulings, they'll leave and leave a mess behind.

Don't be surprised to see the Pozzos move elsewhere with their "business model", abandoning Watford completely.

Not sure if you're aware, but the Pozzos have owned Udinese since 1986, and have owned Granada for a good few seasons and have taken them from the basement league in Spain to La Liga. So they know what they're doing. There's no experiment about it at all.

• 5 weeks later...

watford are under a transfer embargo. if the FL vote to treat international loans the same as domestic as expected over the summer they are up shit creek, because they'll have to get rid, or get permission to sign during the emabrgo.

qpr will do a pompey, they are in freefall, harry is checkbook manager, and although the parachute money is not counted towards ffp, people like bosingwa won't play in the champ. they'll lose 5-10 players imo and the manager.

reading are the threat, they have the money, squad and a good proven manager.

having said all that, we're looking at mid table at best.

Hi Swiss Tony,

Good news, watford signing loads of players on permanent deals and loans. There is always ways around things, not bothered now if Vydra stays or goes. Last season was just a practice run!!

If you see Abdi in the mountains tell him to resign also.

Far too early too tell, but I really can't see QPR walking the division at all. Harry Redknap has to be one of the most overrated managers that has ever graced the English leagues, yes he's good, but the way people some folk talk about him you would think he was Sir Alf reborn. Furthermore, they are either going to have a complete new squad or a squad full of players who don't want to be there (last season all over again), and wages all over the shop. Reading and Wigan will almost certainly be a force with their squad and manager, both of which have the players for this division. Aside from them 3, I can see the likes of Bolton, Florest and Leeds all challenging, possibly even Ipswich; but anything can happen in this division as we all know. Who would have had Palace going up and Wolves going down at the start of last term?

Don't make me laugh about 2nd favourites for promotion,the only way that would be a justified prediction is if Pearson is removed.tactically the man is a joke if he stays I predict more play off heartache for us,we should be looking for a leader with a winning promotion mentality like a Tony Pullis,Martin O'Neill,Neil Warnock,and get rid of this joker .

agreed

Archived