Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Walk of fame?.

Ok here goes. I drove past our beloved KP yesterday and was thinking that whilst it serves it purpose and looks ok on the inside, the exterior doesn't half look drab.

When i got home i did a little research on other stadiums (the outside) and found most had Banners, statues and other memorabilia to honour their clubs history.

What do we have ...fook all that's what.

So here's my thinking. What about a walk of fame?. 

Surely we could place a stone (the size of a regular slab?) near the megastore and these could be surrounded by smaller blue bricks , purchased by the fans with their names on.

Any profits made would then be donated to the foxes foundation. We are never going to agree on one person worthy of a statue at leicester, so maybe this is a way to honour many of our greatest club servants. 

so,  Do you think the club would go for it?. Would you help and 'buy ' a brick?.

I am always amazed that clubs dont do more about the outside of the stadium, only a few (arsenal springs to mind) put any effort into the surrounding areas.  Seems strange that after spending so much money on the new stadium more isnt done around it. 

As for your idea its not too bad isnt there a wall with fans names on it? 

I prefer statues or banners detailing the history of the club.

Ok here goes. I drove past our beloved KP yesterday and was thinking that whilst it serves it purpose and looks ok on the inside, the exterior doesn't half look drab.

When i got home i did a little research on other stadiums (the outside) and found most had Banners, statues and other memorabilia to honour their clubs history.

What do we have ...fook all that's what.

So here's my thinking. What about a walk of fame?. 

Surely we could place a stone (the size of a regular slab?) near the megastore and these could be surrounded by smaller blue bricks , purchased by the fans with their names on.

Any profits made would then be donated to the foxes foundation. We are never going to agree on one person worthy of a statue at leicester, so maybe this is a way to honour many of our greatest club servants. 

so,  Do you think the club would go for it?. Would you help and 'buy ' a brick?.

There are already loads of bricks with names on outside the kop?

There are already loads of bricks with names on outside the kop?

Yeah i know. But i reckon one of the biggest arguements would be cost. If fans paid for a brick the cost to the club would be zero, and also it would raise funds for the foundation.

I agree.

The history of the club is pretty much non existent in and around the stadium. There isn't anything very authentic about us.

I'm sure there will be a few decent suggestions on here. Not sure about the blue brick idea though as others have stated there is already a wall with all of that

I've suggested this before what we need is a series of stone facial masks of past 'greats' set in the outside wall all around the stadium that way we could have many and cover most people's wishes. We could then have an annual vote to add one every year.This would have the added benefit of making the stadium more appealing, provide meeting points and the cost would be minimal in comparison to a statue.

I hate the sponsorship sheets that cover the bare terracing of the family stand. Looks awful. Embarrassing, even.

I can't imagine them bringing in much cash either. A great big orange gatorade logo is just embarrassing to look at.

Archived