Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

FFP The REALISATION

Of course we will require change in the way we operate, but either we've got a way to diddle it or it can't be that bad. Surely if it was that bad we'd have been unable to turn down Hull's bids for Schmeics.

it's only june, ever heard of playing the ends against the middle.

people like kasper beckford bellend sorry wellens etc will go  for the right price, because if we wait till  their contracts are up, we'll have paid there wages for another year or two, and then  they'll go  for nothing.

trust me you'll see movement both ways after july 1st.

people like kasper beckford bellend sorry wellens etc will go  for the right price, because if we wait till  their contracts are up, we'll have paid there wages for another year or two, and then  they'll go  for nothing.

I believe we'll see movement of the players we don't want, that much is obvious. But if we really were desperate we'd have taken 2 million and a cheap player for Schmeicy-weics. Why risk Hull getting a different keeper? 

Financial Fair Play also poses significant loopholes, especially for owners with the kind of wealth that ours have. TOP can provide us with a financial gift, i.e. which may be used to continue running the club/ buy players etc - this gift will not contribute to the club's profit/loss margin as it isn't a factor of the club's overall operation. FFP will have its biggest impact on the wages of our players, however as I said in the first post you kindly mocked, we are a wealthy club, and the removal of high earning players, almost to the point where we have a completely new squad after Sven left, means that we are sufficiently prepared for the impact of FFP. 

its about the wages !!! who will buy those players and pay the wages they are on ? no one ! we will have to pay off their contracts in full now . better to pay weekly as wages, easier to afford and doesnt hurt so much  . you really havent a clue !! 

Financial Fair Play also poses significant loopholes, especially for owners with the kind of wealth that ours have. TOP can provide us with a financial gift, i.e. which may be used to continue running the club/ buy players etc - this gift will not contribute to the club's profit/loss margin as it isn't a factor of the club's overall operation. FFP will have its biggest impact on the wages of our players, however as I said in the first post you kindly mocked, we are a wealthy club, and the removal of high earning players, almost to the point where we have a completely new squad after Sven left, means that we are sufficiently prepared for the impact of FFP.

I agree we are prepared, but the owners can't find the club with "gifts". It would be great if they could because then FFP would be a non-issue, but they can't.

The article you refer to and base your theory on is completely worthless. It's an off the cuff response by a pensioner with a drink problem and isn't his most litterate work either. It isn't the opinion of Man Utd. FFP have it all covered even our little scam of share reissue. We r cooked.

its about the wages !!! who will buy those players and pay the wages they are on ? no one ! we will have to pay off their contracts in full now . better to pay weekly as wages, easier to afford and doesnt hurt so much  . you really havent a clue !! 

wages are a big part. but we have to sell to buy. so the club wants to get at least a nominal fee for players it doesn't want, and get more for players we'd rather keep. it makes no difference for ffp if we pay up now or do it weekly shows up as the same amount at the end of the year.

I just don't know how Chelsea are going to manage. In debt to tune of 750 million to an owner who has lent them the money, albeit interest free. Maybe they won't be included because they're special.

:thumbup:

This is what i'm trying to get at as well but a few folks don't seem to be getting the message! Almost every football club in England is in debt, but last year's debts don't have any say in balancing the finances for the 2013/14 season! We're almost rid of beckford, likely to be rid of Danns, St Ledger and a couple of others too! FFP will effect every team in the league, and small clubs that have small fan-bases might even have to get rid of their best/highest earning players in order to comply with regulation - which is only good news for us! 

Also, Vale Blue, how can you call the opinion of the greatest club manager in world football's history irrelevant?! You absolute weapon. 

Fergus is a great football manager, maybe not so good at deciphering financial regulations. Plus the article is over a year old. Lots more details about FFP have been clarified since then. It won't be as easy as the owners gifting the club money. The FFP contains discretionary powers to ensure the rules aren't circumnavigated in obvious ways like that. There will no doubt be a bit of accountancy cat and mouse but what does fergie know about that? Fvck all.

This is what i'm trying to get at as well but a few folks don't seem to be getting the message! Almost every football club in England is in debt, but last year's debts don't have any say in balancing the finances for the 2013/14 season! We're almost rid of beckford, likely to be rid of Danns, St Ledger and a couple of others too! FFP will effect every team in the league, and small clubs that have small fan-bases might even have to get rid of their best/highest earning players in order to comply with regulation - which is only good news for us!

Also, Vale Blue, how can you call the opinion of the greatest club manager in world football's history irrelevant?! You absolute weapon.

it's also not really fair play when sky are pumping money into the3 relegated teams. It'd about time they started dishing it out to the championship as well or teams start charging them for announcing the results on Saturday.

it's also not really fair play when sky are pumping money into the3 relegated teams. It'd about time they started dishing it out to the championship as well or teams start charging them for announcing the results on Saturday.

True say - the system regarding tv rights in German football is something we can only look at in awe. Having said that, if last season is anything to go by,

we must have earned a good little number from Sky broadcasting so many of our games! We're already scheduled for 2 and one of them isn't even a league match! 

True say - the system regarding tv rights in German football is something we can only look at in awe. Having said that, if last season is anything to go by,

we must have earned a good little number from Sky broadcasting so many of our games! We're already scheduled for 2 and one of them isn't even a league match!

Premier league clubs get about 5 million for every televised game, I bet were lucky if we get 100 grand.

Fergus is a great football manager, maybe not so good at deciphering financial regulations. Plus the article is over a year old. Lots more details about FFP have been clarified since then. It won't be as easy as the owners gifting the club money. The FFP contains discretionary powers to ensure the rules aren't circumnavigated in obvious ways like that. There will no doubt be a bit of accountancy cat and mouse but what does fergie know about that? Fvck all.

I'm going out on a limb here and will say Fergie knows more than anyone posting on Foxestalk, just a theory I have.

Because he's talking absolute tosh just like you are. He was talking about his fears not basing them on some inside knowledge he had gleaned from those who might know. As has been said that interview was April 2012, like us all he will now be better informed and I'm sure is more at ease.

As for our owners giving away "gifts" of houses to players out of their own pockets, what planet are you on, as has been said by many others, the Thais charge the club 8% for the debt they have sanctioned during their tenure, they're in it to make money not give it away.  

Because he's talking absolute tosh just like you are. He was talking about his fears not basing them on some inside knowledge he had gleaned from those who might know. As has been said that interview was April 2012, like us all he will now be better informed and I'm sure is more at ease.

As for our owners giving away "gifts" of houses to players out of their own pockets, what planet are you on, as has been said by many others, the Thais charge the club 8% for the debt they have sanctioned during their tenure, they're in it to make money not give it away.  

he also failed to mention  the football league and the EPL don't implement FFP  in the same way, each has it own rules.

You're missing the point that i've been trying to make. FFP will effect everyone in the league. FFP is not a realisation that's popped out of UEFA's arse with no prior warning. Our club's actions over the very recent years mean that we are prepared for its effects. FFP will not mean that we need to sell our best players. FFP will not cause our club to be punished. Time will tell, and I hope to bring this back up after the transfer window has closed to illustrate why this fear-mongering is based on no actual knowledge of the regulation. 

You are totally wrong. In the 2011/12 season we lost 30 million, fact! And in the 2012/13 season we had lost 15.7 million by November, fact! These are facts stated in the press by our owners. We can safely assume that those loses we're extended in the second half of last season to approx £25million as we didn't have any large cash sales or a large exodus off the wage bill. It will affect every club but we r in the worst mess. I'm not scare mongering but we will have to sell a lot of players to conform.

I'm going out on a limb here and will say Fergie knows more than anyone posting on Foxestalk, just a theory I have.

Why would fergie concern himself with FFP as it applies to the championship? He isn't even a manager. Besides all the rules and regs regarding FFP are publicly available. It isn't some secret club that only ex-man utd managers are privy to.

Why would fergie concern himself with FFP as it applies to the championship? He isn't even a manager. Besides all the rules and regs regarding FFP are publicly available. It isn't some secret club that only ex-man utd managers are privy to.

This is his industry, the same way you would have a better knowledge than me about areas you work in. Fergie has become one of the greatest managers of all time because of his knowledge of the game, he would know about FFP, which clubs are affected and therefore who he can steal a bargain from.

Don't forget he is still a director at united and would have knowledge and contact with rule makers. I think this makes him more qualified than a few people that spend there spare time posting on Foxestalk

• 3 weeks later...

Archived