Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

FFP The REALISATION

Pretty obvious the owners gave Pearson the task of preparing the club for FFP as long as 18 months ago. That's why our net transfer spend last season was less than £2m and why our wage bill was slashed and why our team is mostly full of young and cheap players. YOU might have only just realised what FFP is all about but I would say the owners have played the situation rather well.

Erm, love to know where you get that idea from. The owners stated that they had to put in another 13.6million into the club last season after the first 7 months. Roughly means another 25 million loss last season, knowhere near the 8 million aloud under FFP between Jan 2014 - Nov 2014. Looks like we will have to get rid of a hell of a lot players and get transfer fees for them, to get near to FFP regs.

We wont get any substantial Transfer Fees for any players unless Prem clubs want them, all Championship Clubs are in the same boat and have no spending money, so players have no value at all. If Forest have 1.5 million to spend for Morgan then he will be told to go.

Forget FFP It's All Hype

Can't believe the fuss about ffp, our club is trimming costs and wages and getting rid of players and the club want us to think it's done in the name of ffp. It's because we need to trim costs and that's it, what happens if we don't conform? Will we be put on the naughty step or locked in the ffp naughty room. We'll be fined a few bob and have our wrists slapped-assuming it does come into force of course.

Football is far too big now and a lot of championship teams and some premiership will fail to meet the new rules, will we all be punished? who will punish us? who will decide how much we get fined?

Far too many grey areas and as usual the Thais are keeping us far from informed!

lol!!!!

Where have you been. What will happen is, we will be unable to sign anybody until our figures add up to the FFP, Which in our case could be 3 years. Players can leave and will and we will be left with the high earning deadwood. Our budgets are complete cock hence we lost 30million the previous season, probably 25 million last season and in real terms are over 100 million in debt. FFP has been brought in to stop LCFC and others making a complete mockery of football once again. 

So it's going to hit us hard.

Clubs don't want our over paid shite.

We need money from the sale off to balance the book and remove the wages.

But clubs won't pay it ie beckford but they will want the players we want to keep like Wes who is probs not on the same terms.

These clubs have looked at our finances and know the in's and out's of FFP.

In my opinion we are sitting duck's and going to be picked off.

Our owners may have money that they may lend to us.

But they should have seen this coming and they plainly have not. They have gambled with our club and we will be the looser's.

Once again none football people looking for a fast buck are gonna fvck up a great club.

Let's hope we don't do a portsmouth.

Forget who we buy worry moore who we loose.

Financial Fair Play isn't something that the football league has announced a few weeks ago, it was agreed in September 2009 - so whatever realisation you've had is almost 4 years late. 

In principle the key aspect of FFP is to stop clubs from spending more than they earn, however as for your judgment (likely to be of Sven's spending) our owner's haven't gambled anything they couldn't afford to give. Their commitment over the past few years even in what they would perceive to be our failure to be promoted should indicate to you that they aren't here to 'make a quick buck' - if you read the reports last year you'd know they've made a massive loss on our club, yet they still continue to commit themselves to us. 

Beckford is reported to have almost completed a deal with Bolton, likewise with Gallagher and Blackburn, which already eliminates 2 high earners before the transfer window is even open. 

We are one of the most financially strong football clubs in the league, and I believe that as the season unfolds you will realise that our owners were more prepared for FFP that you'd imagined. 

Erm, love to know where you get that idea from. The owners stated that they had to put in another 13.6million into the club last season after the first 7 months. Roughly means another 25 million loss last season, knowhere near the 8 million aloud under FFP between Jan 2014 - Nov 2014. Looks like we will have to get rid of a hell of a lot players and get transfer fees for them, to get near to FFP regs.

We wont get any substantial Transfer Fees for any players unless Prem clubs want them, all Championship Clubs are in the same boat and have no spending money, so players have no value at all. If Forest have 1.5 million to spend for Morgan then he will be told to go.

FFP starts for real this coming season so whatever happened last season is irrelevant. We have a handful of highly paid players left to get rid of from the Sven era. The rest of our squad is young and cheap - clearly put together with FFP in mind. I don't see us needing to sell anyone. We could do without the high earners, but them aside we are well prepared.

Forget FFP It's All Hype

Can't believe the fuss about ffp, our club is trimming costs and wages and getting rid of players and the club want us to think it's done in the name of ffp. It's because we need to trim costs and that's it, what happens if we don't conform? Will we be put on the naughty step or locked in the ffp naughty room. We'll be fined a few bob and have our wrists slapped-assuming it does come into force of course.

Football is far too big now and a lot of championship teams and some premiership will fail to meet the new rules, will we all be punished? who will punish us? who will decide how much we get fined?

Far too many grey areas and as usual the Thais are keeping us far from informed!

spot on just about there imo.

Forget FFP It's All Hype

read the ffp rules, it's all  there, dates, allowances, punishments. otherwise don't make silly comments with no knowledge.

Financial Fair Play isn't something that the football league has announced a few weeks ago, it was agreed in September 2009 - so whatever realisation you've had is almost 4 years late. 

In principle the key aspect of FFP is to stop clubs from spending more than they earn, however as for your judgment (likely to be of Sven's spending) our owner's haven't gambled anything they couldn't afford to give. Their commitment over the past few years even in what they would perceive to be our failure to be promoted should indicate to you that they aren't here to 'make a quick buck' - if you read the reports last year you'd know they've made a massive loss on our club, yet they still continue to commit themselves to us. 

Beckford is reported to have almost completed a deal with Bolton, likewise with Gallagher and Blackburn, which already eliminates 2 high earners before the transfer window is even open. 

We are one of the most financially strong football clubs in the league, and I believe that as the season unfolds you will realise that our owners were more prepared for FFP that you'd imagined. 

"We are one of the most financially strong football clubs in the league"

you mean because we're only 85 million in debt, and made a 30 million operating loss last  financial  year. You don't by any chance work for a bank do  you?

If I think I understand this properly

Clubs only want to buy our good players and not our rubbish ones.

Who'd have thunk it?

No mike the point is we will end up having to sell the ones we want to keep.

And clubs who have been more savy than us will know this and pick them off on the cheap.

Also why do people think I woke up yesterday and thought oh shite FFP.

I am awear of it and have been for a long while.

My point is to the people on here saying why are we not buying and we need to buy so and so who we can't afford.

As a club we are in a position where our owners could pump money in but new rules say they cant.

If we don't get up this year we'll end up in the wilderness for years.

No mike the point is we will end up having to sell the ones we want to keep.

And clubs who have been more savy than us will know this and pick them off on the cheap.

Also why do people think I woke up yesterday and thought oh shite FFP.

I am awear of it and have been for a long while.

My point is to the people on here saying why are we not buying and we need to buy so and so who we can't afford.

As a club we are in a position where our owners could pump money in but new rules say they cant.

If we don't get up this year we'll end up in the wilderness for years.

So basically clubs only want to buy our good players.

So basically clubs only want to buy our good players.

Ok yes but I don't think we are in a position where we can refuse.

We need to clear debt.

and the players we want to sell we will have to keep or give away

We need to clear debt.

But our 'good' players amount to Kasper. The majority of the 'Sven' signings have their contracts expire at the end of this season, they were signed with FFP in mind.

It was ever thus, our good players will move and our bad ones won't.

FFP starts for real this coming season so whatever happened last season is irrelevant. We have a handful of highly paid players left to get rid of from the Sven era. The rest of our squad is young and cheap - clearly put together with FFP in mind. I don't see us needing to sell anyone. We could do without the high earners, but them aside we are well prepared.

lol!!

The point is that if u dont sell anyone or players contracts dont run out, the wage bill remains the same and therefore the debt incurred. That's why last seasons balance sheet is relevant to this season and the FFP. From all known reports we probably lost another 25 million and therefore without changes next seasons loss will be similar (also includes transfers, did we spend much on transfers?).

A couple of players moving away wont get this figure down to the required 8 million loss, several will have to go and most probably everyone is paid more than they're worth.

you mean because we're only 85 million in debt, and made a 30 million operating loss last  financial  year. You don't by any chance work for a bank do  you?

lol  lol

When are people going to start realising that FFP will affect everyone?

However the impact will vary greatly...

a) The clubs who passed the FFP test in year one, will have to make few adjustments to how they run their club

b) The 3 relegated clubs will have thumping great parachute payments, and if their owners ran their clubs properly & had relegation salary reduction clauses in all their players contracts will be able to keep the vast majority of players and those that go to Premiership clubs should generate good income as they will be less desperate to sell

c) But for clubs whose owners had to plough in £15.7m loans with the season not half way through last year, and now can only invest £5m equity this year, will have a major impact if they are attempting to meet the FFP limits, rather than gamble on promotion & a "tax" or a transfer embargo Jan 2015 if the gamble fails

We need to clear debt.

If this was true then we would have sold Kasper to Hull.

I don't think we will let good players leave unless we get stupid offers.....same with Wes

I fvcking love this forum - always someone whining on about something.

As its off-season, people can't complain/make up shit/whine/ about Pearson, so they have to have a go at something they really don''t understand. Have no doubt, mark down these names and you'll see them in the next 'NFP OUT' thread when the season kicks off.

lol!!

The point is that if u dont sell anyone or players contracts dont run out, the wage bill remains the same and therefore the debt incurred. That's why last seasons balance sheet is relevant to this season and the FFP. From all known reports we probably lost another 25 million and therefore without changes next seasons loss will be similar (also includes transfers, did we spend much on transfers?).

A couple of players moving away wont get this figure down to the required 8 million loss, several will have to go and most probably everyone is paid more than they're worth.

"From all known reports" is nothing more than you guessing. Clearly we spent less on wages, transfers and agents fees last year then we did the year before. We'll spend less again this year. High earners aside, there is no reason why we shouldn't fall comfortably within FFP. And the higher earners don't earn THAT much.

I fvcking love this forum - always someone whining on about something.

As its off-season, people can't complain/make up shit/whine/ about Pearson, so they have to have a go at something they really don''t understand. Have no doubt, mark down these names and you'll see them in the next 'NFP OUT' thread when the season kicks off.

So you pop in here and do the same. lol

"From all known reports" is nothing more than you guessing. Clearly we spent less on wages, transfers and agents fees last year then we did the year before. We'll spend less again this year. High earners aside, there is no reason why we shouldn't fall comfortably within FFP. And the higher earners don't earn THAT much.

Don't see how you work that one out. The last published accounts (season 11/12) also revealed the owners had to put in further loans of £15.7m up to the end of Nov 2012. No major wage earners have left the books since then, so even if the owners invest £5m in equity this season (maximum allowed), that means we already have £10m less funds available. If a player on £20k/week departs that saves "just" £1m

So can you explain your logic behind "being comfortably within FFP" for season 2013/4

I don't think there's any hiding that these new rules are going to cause us big problems if we don't manage to get promotion this season. The longer term effects of FFP will at the very least mean that relegated teams have far too much spending power compared to the rest of the league, and it will hit the transfer market pretty hard. I think we'll see some high earners loaned out to smaller clubs more frequently too.

I think there will be at least 5 clubs that fall foul of the rules and end up in a transfer embargo within 1 season. Whether we will be one of them or not remains to be seen.

Manchester United operate in a debt of roughly £350million and are regarded as the richest team in the world. Are you aware of how finance works in general? Debt isn't a measure of financial strength. Leicester's share prices would have increased over the past few years, as has our net value. As for the debt, we're lucky enough to have the means to finance a repayment in due course, which is why FFP will benefit us in the long term. Our club has the foundations for growth, not just financially, but in a footballing sense - we have players of significant value at our club, as well as younger players who will fall into that category in a few years. I don't work in a bank, but i'm quite certain you don't either, and you're foolish to think that we're not one of the financially stronger clubs in the league. 

Don't see how you work that one out. The last published accounts (season 11/12) also revealed the owners had to put in further loans of £15.7m up to the end of Nov 2012. No major wage earners have left the books since then, so even if the owners invest £5m in equity this season (maximum allowed), that means we already have £10m less funds available. If a player on £20k/week departs that saves "just" £1m

So can you explain your logic behind "being comfortably within FFP" for season 2013/4

The last published accounts refer to the 11/12 season as you say. That was the season Sven spent freely and was fired and then Pearson came in and there was a fair few comings and goings.

We haven't seen the full accounts for 12/13 yet so none of us can really comment. The owners may well have put more money in but was that to cover wages? We don't know. Could just as well have been spent on infrastructure improvements which don't count towards FFP.

I'm confident we'll be alright because our squad looks relatively cheap, we won't be spending massively, and as one of the bigger clubs in the division our turnover is high.

Manchester United operate in a debt of roughly £350million and are regarded as the richest team in the world. Are you aware of how finance works in general? Debt isn't a measure of financial strength. Leicester's share prices would have increased over the past few years, as has our net value. As for the debt, we're lucky enough to have the means to finance a repayment in due course, which is why FFP will benefit us in the long term. Our club has the foundations for growth, not just financially, but in a footballing sense - we have players of significant value at our club, as well as younger players who will fall into that category in a few years. I don't work in a bank, but i'm quite certain you don't either, and you're foolish to think that we're not one of the financially stronger clubs in the league. 

check  all the champions league clubs turnover, man utd real  madrid, barca etc.  they have huge debt but the debt is serviceable because they  make a lot of money. we don't, our owners had to put money to keep us going, see Foxes_trust posts. They can't do  that  with FFP. We have to reduce our losses by  around 15 million from last published accounts. if our income is not going up  significantly via fans, then our expenditure has to come down . we are on our way but 15 million is a lot of money.

Of course we will require change in the way we operate, but either we've got a way to diddle it or it can't be that bad. Surely if it was that bad we'd have been unable to turn down Hull's bids for Schmeics.

Archived