Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

FFP The REALISATION

Nah, the next step will be for the formation of King Power FC who subsequently buy Neil Danns for £100m (aka the Champ Man cheat). Don't know why they haven't thought of this yet...

Watford clearly not concerned with FFP given their owners other clubs and the ability that has to get around the rules!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23374082

Time to buy in some Thai Superstars! :whistle:

Can someone please explain to me how Watford can buy 7 players whilst in a transfer embargo?

As far as I know, the transfer embargo means that all transfers conducted by Watford have to be ratified by the Football League first.

So it's all kosher there.

Can someone please explain to me how Watford can buy 7 players whilst in a transfer embargo?

We NEVER were...

Did you read the Mail/Sun as they gave out misleading information (surprised?)

We only had to get league approval to sign players.

FFP is going to kill non Premier League football.

I understand what it's trying to achieve, but my life, is it making for a boring off-season for the majority of the Championship teams...

I dont know why Thai Army United dont just buy St Ledger and Danns for 10 million each and then release them after a week or two.

Don't know how seriously you meant this but if Danns and St Ledger really didn't want to be here this could be a genuine method of getting rid of players and indeed signing them. I wonder what the transfer window period is over there? All works on player mutual consent though of course.

Don't know how seriously you meant this but if Danns and St Ledger really didn't want to be here this could be a genuine method of getting rid of players and indeed signing them. I wonder what the transfer window period is over there? All works on player mutual consent though of course.

Well the Thais could give them some money as compensation and then just terminate their contracts. Could be a good method.

The trouble with anything like that is that it'll only work for a maximum of one season before they closed the loophole. There's an awful lot of money in football, clubs no doubt employ high quality experts in law and finance, the fact that no club other than Watford are exploiting any obvious loopholes would suggest to me that FFP is fairly tightly sealed.

The trouble with anything like that is that it'll only work for a maximum of one season before they closed the loophole. There's an awful lot of money in football, clubs no doubt employ high quality experts in law and finance, the fact that no club other than Watford are exploiting any obvious loopholes would suggest to me that FFP is fairly tightly sealed.

So shirt deals, sponsorship of training grounds, renaming football grounds etc are'nt loopholes?

FFP will be challenged in the courts before long when it is realised newcomers cannot come in and invest heavily to get success

So shirt deals, sponsorship of training grounds, renaming football grounds etc are'nt loopholes?

FFP will be challenged in the courts before long when it is realised newcomers cannot come in and invest heavily to get success

The clubs accounts will be audited every year and any profit that seems exagerrated wil be reduced to reasonable level. So in theory we couldn't announce a new shirt sponsorship with King Power for ££££'s and get away with it.

FFP is a good idea in principle but it will never work, it's too complicated. The current rulings will cause as many issues as they do solve.

The clubs accounts will be audited every year and any profit that seems exagerrated wil be reduced to reasonable level. So in theory we couldn't announce a new shirt sponsorship with King Power for ££££'s and get away with it.

FFP is a good idea in principle but it will never work, it's too complicated. The current rulings will cause as many issues as they do solve.

Wouldn't wok anyway, out owners don't want to give us money - they want to Loan us money and get it back, so sponsorship route wouldn't be any good for us.

No matter how rich they are, they're no sugar daddies, they're businessmen, I.e. we're no budding Man City.

I can't really see sponsorship deals, naming rights etc. being challenged - proving that the deals were inflated is fraught with difficulty and I don't think UEFA will have the man-power to do this.  Big clubs will find loopholes and exploit them. 

With the Gulf widening between the Prem and the Championship rich owners would struggle to compete with parachute payments anyway - £60m over 4 years is massive

Archived