Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Weak people feel pressure....

Is there any way you can argue that that statement is anything other than ridiculous?

He isn't happy here, he doesn't want to be here, and he's shown no shred of evidence that he can score goals at this level. Added to the fact that he's on astronomical wages with FFP looming, then Pearson has to shift him, regardless of what he may or may not do for Bolton.

I really want an innocent Bolton fan to come on and do one of the old "what do you think of this player we've just signed from you" threads. I'm imagining page upon page of brutal judgement.

Did it happen when they signed Mills?

I'll be having £10 on him to be the championship's top goalscorer next season.

I wouldn't put it past him. There is no doubt that on his day, he can be a dangerous player. Look at his performance against Norwich in the cup the other year.

You could have said this about Akinbiyi back in the day....

lol

No, I don't think anybody thought that! Although he did come back and score against us a few times, especially for Burnley.

He isn't happy here, he doesn't want to be here, and he's shown no shred of evidence that he can score goals at this level. Added to the fact that he's on astronomical wages with FFP looming, then Pearson has to shift him, regardless of what he may or may not do for Bolton.

I agree with this to be honest. Regardless of what beckford does next season, selling him here and now is still the best thing to do. It's easy to say that we shouldn't have sold him when he's bagged 30 for Bolton next season, but what are we supposed to do, hold on to him and his ridiculous wages in the desperate hope that he will come good?

Currently there's no evidence that he would be better than Wood or Nugent for us next season, and from a financial point of view he has to go.

Archived