Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Weak people feel pressure....

West Ham away probably sums him up. Game after Sven is sacked. Time for all the team to put a performance in. Beckford is Booed off the pitch by the fans after a terrible performance. Howard comes on and then we go and score about 5 minutes later.

Big Sol had him up against the wall by his throat after that game

Guest ttfn

I still think he made a good decision there, no one else was back really so no one to cover if they cleared it. And lets face facts hes not the man you want going for an ariel battle in the box or a scrap seeing as he pulled out of everything

I'm sorry but this is a load of bollocks. We were 2-1 down in a crucial game and be was the centre forward.

He wasn't thinking of the team, he was thinking of himself, making a big song and dance about the fact he'd just run back 80 metres to defend the previous attack. That bit of defending was about the only sign I saw of him wanting to contribute to the team in 2 years, and he nullified it almost immediately.

Perhaps he will get the indulgence he craves and thinks he deserves at Bolton. Good luck to him.

Memo from Top to Nige........

Thanks for getting rid of Beckford for a £2m loss, we can add that to the £3m you knocked off Mills value with your exceptional man management. In the Duty Free game we tend to turn poor purchases into huge profits but you have shown us another way with your skills.....goodbye

What was the game, when he refused to go up for a corner? Stayed on the halfway line! Great attitude mate

Hadn't he just run the full length of the pitch to help defend and wasn't it in the last few minutes? 

I think at the time it got blown way out of proportion. Yeah he should probably have been up trying to score but let's take in some context please. 

*prepares for annihilation*

I'm glad he's going, he was a flop. He was very lazy at times and utterly atrocious a lot of the time. I had really high hopes for him when he came but he rarely showed what he can do.

At his best he's a quality player at this level but his good displays here were few and far between. I wanted him to prove people wrong a year ago but he didn't really have it in him. I have always worried about his attitude.

Having said that I can't say I have any real animosity towards him. I wouldn't bother booing him, he's just another failure for us who happened to be very expensive.

Good player didn't work out for him. Attitude wasn't great but not as bad as some of the players we signed under Sven (Mills etc).

High wages and didn't work out for him here, good luck to him but he needed to go

Thanks for getting rid of Beckford for a £2m loss, we can add that to the £3m you knocked off Mills value with your exceptional man management. In the Duty Free game we tend to turn poor purchases into huge profits but you have shown us another way with your skills.....goodbye

Oh dear.

How could we possibly have made a profit out of either of those 2?

I'm glad he's going, he was a flop. He was very lazy at times and utterly atrocious a lot of the time. I had really high hopes for him when he came but he rarely showed what he can do.

At his best he's a quality player at this level but his good displays here were few and far between. I wanted him to prove people wrong a year ago but he didn't really have it in him. I have always worried about his attitude.

Having said that I can't say I have any real animosity towards him. I wouldn't bother booing him, he's just another failure for us who happened to be very expensive.

I echo this...

To get this we'd need to sell Mills for £8 million.

Good luck with that.

I remember Peterborough away in the 10/11 season, we were a goal down and he had a tap in at the back post providing he took the risk of getting clattered by defender/keeper or colliding with the post. He bottled it. Was one of the low points of a wretched season.

lol

Slightly off topic, he is right though, they do...maybe he didn't feel pressure..?

In which case he could accurately be described as wildly ignorant.

Guest MattP

Good riddance.

Enjoy the money you earnt and just be thankful you were available for transfer when we had two of the biggest financial clowns related to the sport that I've ever seen in charge of our procurement.

I remember Peterborough away in the 10/11 season, we were a goal down and he had a tap in at the back post providing he took the risk of getting clattered by defender/keeper or colliding with the post. He bottled it. Was one of the low points of a wretched season.

don't think we can really blame him for that as he didn't sign until the start of the 11/12 season,

Without a doubt, the laziest player I've ever seen in our shirt. Worst attitude I've ever seen. Couldn't care less that he's a 'decent lad'. Shocking signing.

No point booing him through. It's also inevitable that he will score goals for Bolton, and the anti Pearson supporters will remind me of it every time on my twitter feed and on here.

Hope he gets the abuse he deserves when we play Bolton. He will score but that's a given.

No he doesn't... He tried, but it didn't work out. That's all. I can't see anything he did wrong really. Just didn't work out here, it might do at Bolton.

I just people would stop talking about it now. He's another player that's come and gone. We've had many like it, and Beckford won't be the last.

I agree that 30k a week is a joke, but what are you going to do if someone puts a contract worth 30k a week in front of you? Say 'oh no I don't want that much'. No. You're going to sign it. He was a panic signing, he was a shocking signing, but did he sign himself? No. It's just another reason why I don't like/rate Sven.

Give him all the abuse you want, but they'll be none from me.

Archived