Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Weak people feel pressure....

No he doesn't... He tried, but it didn't work out. That's all. I can't see anything he did wrong really. Just didn't work out here, it might do at Bolton.

I just people would stop talking about it now. He's another player that's come and gone. We've had many like it, and Beckford won't be the last.

I agree that 30k a week is a joke, but what are you going to do if someone puts a contract worth 30k a week in front of you? Say 'oh no I don't want that much'. No. You're going to sign it. He was a panic signing, he was a shocking signing, but did he sign himself? No. It's just another reason why I don't like/rate Sven.

Give him all the abuse you want, but they'll be none from me.

I won't boo him but I can see why people would. Its not the fact he earned a huge amount that people have a problem with. It's his attitude. He just didn't try. Which is unforgivable.

Guest ttfn

He's as 'prolific' at this level as Matty Fryatt. Hugely overrated, hence Everton getting rid. Poor attitude, we're well rid.

Less prolific. Surrounded by much better players.

Without a doubt, the laziest player I've ever seen in our shirt. Worst attitude I've ever seen. Couldn't care less that he's a 'decent lad'. Shocking signing.

No point booing him through. It's also inevitable that he will score goals for Bolton, and the anti Pearson supporters will remind me of it every time on my twitter feed and on here.

True & 100% certainty

Think Nige has done quite well to get seven figures for a bloke who hasn't hit double figures in the league since he was playing in League One and is knocking on 30. I'd of been quite happy just to get that ridiculous wage off the balance sheet that's 1.5 mill in it's self.

Unfortunately I can see him having a good season next year. The potential is undoubtedly there should he be managed properly.

Booing him is ridiculous but unfortunately the high percentage of our fans with with an IQ less than 50 will probably take great pleasure in doing just that. 

People take wages so personally, it's not like you are paying them yourself! And don't spout shit about ticket prices etc - because if you don't want to pay it don't go!

I don’t think he has done particularly well but his salary has nothing to do with performances. It seems nowadays the default reaction of most fans/pricks is to simply highlight how much someone earns after every bad performance.

His agent got him a good deal, fair one. It's not like none of you would have done the same. Clearly if you were expecting a player who charges around you have never watched him before. But not every player does.

All that said its best to move him.

People take wages so personally, it's not like you are paying them yourself! And don't spout shit about ticket prices etc - because if you don't want to pay it don't go!

I don’t think he has done particularly well but his salary has nothing to do with performances. It seems nowadays the default reaction of most fans/pricks is to simply highlight how much someone earns after every bad performance.

His agent got him a good deal, fair one. It's not like none of you would have done the same. Clearly if you were expecting a player who charges around you have never watched him before. But not every player does.

Some good points there. I remember Shakey saying on radio Leicester when talking about Beckford once that 'not all players track back' and that Beckford has other attributes. I've never doubted his ability, he's a goal scorer. But I think you've got to be an exceptional talent for a so called lazy attitude to be accepted. Eg Berbatov. The fact is Beckford never combined his lazy attitude with a load of goals, or a string of good performances whilst playing for us.

I also agree that a lot of our fans will boo him. Jesus Christ, last season a section of our own 'fans' booed Gallagher and Vardy. So of course they'll boo Beckford too

Memo from Top to Nige........

Thanks for getting rid of Beckford for a £2m loss, we can add that to the £3m you knocked off Mills value with your exceptional man management. In the Duty Free game we tend to turn poor purchases into huge profits but you have shown us another way with your skills.....goodbye

Better luck next time.

Better value than Vardy, Futacs or Waghorn. But still absolutely shit.

Jermaine Beckford: 9 goals in 46 games for Leicester City.

Jamie Vardy: Four goals in 26 games for Leicester City.

Marko Futacs: One goal in nine games for Leicester City.

The only player who was a worse value for the money was Waghorn. Your other examples are all debatable, if not highly questionable - especially, when you look at the transfer fee for Beckford and put it in context with Vardy's and Futacs'.

They're paid for by the club that will increase prices (as they did) if they fail. We couldn't sustain those wages, we paid them in the hope he'd fire us to the top flight but he (and others on silly money) failed. When you pay out high wages, you've got to expect a return on it.

Jermaine Beckford: 9 goals in 46 games for Leicester City.

Jamie Vardy: Four goals in 26 games for Leicester City.

Marko Futacs: One goal in nine games for Leicester City.

The only player who was a worse value for the money was Waghorn. Your other examples are all debatable, if not highly questionable - especially, when you look at the transfer fee for Beckford and put it in context with Vardy's and Futacs'.

Surely the wages too - Beckford must be on 3 times that of Vardy and Futacs

It's interesting how many posters think that Beckford will do well next season (He'll be the divisions top goalscorer etc...) yet are still so seemingly willing and happy to let him go.

It'll be interesting...

Personally I think him leaving is for the best. However, if we find it difficult to score goals whilst Jermaine is pinging them in it'll be frustrating to say the least.

Time will tell regarding whether Pearson is right or wrong in this decision. And don't get carried away by the fact that Beckford has stated he wants to go. If he was happy at the club, he'd want to stay.

However, if we find it difficult to score goals whilst Jermaine is pinging them in it'll be frustrating to say the least.

I'm not too worried in this regard. Going on this season's evidence;

A) we shouldn't struggle to get goals - we're among the highest scoring teams in the league

B) all evidence says that Beckford will score between about 9-15 in a season. There's no reason why Nuge won't equal his goals tally for the last two seasons and I think Wood will get around the same, or better.

At the end of the day, what he does now is largely irrelevant, as we seriously need him off our books. The first choice strikers we've got are both arguably better than JB, so getting rid of him and his massive wages is a no-brainer really.

It's interesting how many posters think that Beckford will do well next season (He'll be the divisions top goalscorer etc...) yet are still so seemingly willing and happy to let him go.

It'll be interesting...

Personally I think him leaving is for the best. However, if we find it difficult to score goals whilst Jermaine is pinging them in it'll be frustrating to say the least.

Time will tell regarding whether Pearson is right or wrong in this decision. And don't get carried away by the fact that Beckford has stated he wants to go. If he was happy at the club, he'd want to stay.

It was pretty frustrating creating chances and finding it difficult to score because Jermaine was here but wasn't pinging them in.

Along with it being a tad more than bloody frustrating that we couldn't attack in numbers because he couldn't retain possession & play other players in with even a semblance of regularity, when goal scoring chances weren't on the cards.

He could well do a job elsewhere just like he did at Leeds, but if he does that has absolutely **** all to do with the fact of whether he could have done it for us

What do you mean time will tell whether Pearson is right or wrong in this decision?

We signed him from a Premiership club while he was under contract therefore we know we were paying him a Premiership standard wage.

We HAVE to sell to buy to get our wages under the ceiling, at what point does Pearson have a realistic choice of whether to get the wages off the books & pay some off his signing fee that we reportedly still owe Everton. In fact just one more appearance for us would have resulted in further payments to Everton based on appearance clause.

There wasn't & isn't a choice of keeping Beckford and that's ignoring the fact that on 47 occasions he was straight up average... at best.

It was pretty frustrating creating chances and finding it difficult to score because Jermaine was here but wasn't pinging them in.

Along with it being a tad more than bloody frustrating that we couldn't attack in numbers because he couldn't retain possession & play other players in with even a semblance of regularity, when goal scoring chances weren't on the cards.

He could well do a job elsewhere just like he did at Leeds, but if he does that has absolutely **** all to do with the fact of whether he could have done it for us

What do you mean time will tell whether Pearson is right or wrong in this decision?

We signed him from a Premiership club while he was under contract therefore we know we were paying him a Premiership standard wage.

We HAVE to sell to buy to get our wages under the ceiling, at what point does Pearson have a realistic choice of whether to get the wages off the books & pay some off his signing fee that we reportedly still owe Everton. In fact just one more appearance for us would have resulted in further payments to Everton based on appearance clause.

There wasn't & isn't a choice of keeping Beckford and that's ignoring the fact that on 47 occasions he was straight up average... at best.

Again, how do you KNOW that we have to sell Beckford? Why?

Is it not feasible that Beckford could stay, if we were to shed the wage bill in other ways?

No, why Pearson wants to offload Beckford is simply because he wants to offload Beckford I would suspect. That's why it's Pearson's decision.

And Bolton... I thought they were broke? Like, REALLY broke? Yet they are choosing to sign Beckford aren't they?

This decision is not only about money, it's also about who the manager does and doesn't fancy.

I agree with him, but if Beckford goes on to be the leagues top scorer, whilst we languish in mid table, it would have been the wrong decision. It would also show that a manager is able to get the best out of the player.

All ifs, buts and maybes, I know... But it will be interesting.

Again, how do you KNOW that we have to sell Beckford? Why?

Is it not feasible that Beckford could stay, if we were to shed the wage bill in other ways?

No, why Pearson wants to offload Beckford is simply because he wants to offload Beckford I would suspect. That's why it's Pearson's decision.

And Bolton... I thought they were broke? Like, REALLY broke? Yet they are choosing to sign Beckford aren't they?

This decision is not only about money, it's also about who the manager does and doesn't fancy.

I agree with him, but if Beckford goes on to be the leagues top scorer, whilst we languish in mid table, it would have been the wrong decision. It would also show that a manager is able to get the best out of the player.

All ifs, buts and maybes, I know... But it will be interesting.

If Beckford is the leagues top scorer next year then selling him will still have been the right decision. 

Guest MattP

Why is everyone saying he is guaranteed to score against us?

Big Wes has trained with him and if we defend properly, rough him up a bit and keep him outside of the box as much as possible we should be able to keep him quiet.

Enough of our fcuking opponents managed it without much trouble.

Archived