Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

The things you do for Leicester!

Boro at home in the snow was brilliant. Every fan vocally made themselves proud that night.

Plymouth away when I drove there and back to see a 0-0 was bad

oh shit i'd forgot going plymouth to see us 1 down and rain see the game called off at half time.great??

nope we lost the rearranged game 1-0 as well. why oh why make that journey twice.

I remember when I was a youngster, about 16/17, we were playing shef Wednesday. As my mate and myself were walking to the ground near Mandela park we saw a couple of fat old boy Wednesday fans ahead of singing and generally acting aggressive, they spotted us and slowed down as I told my mate to expect trouble. When we caught them up they stopped us and asked who we supported, me being a true city fan who would never deny my Leicester allegiance proudly answered Leicester and awaited a good kicking when these two geezers informed us that they were in fact Leicester and were trying to weed out the Wednesday fans (I don't think they had spotted the flaw in their plan). At that point a Wednesday bus went past and off they went after it inviting us to join them in turning it over. We politely declined.

The Middlesborough game! Left at 13:00 and ended up parking almost 2 miles from the ground at 18:40 having driven through some very poor driving conditions and pure gridlock in Leicester. I can't explain the delight when Kasper saved that penalty. I really thought that would be a season defining moment to look back on at the end of the season when we made the top two. :(

I left work in London at 1.30 that day, took 5.5 hours to get back to Leicester, traffic was moving so slowly up Narborough Road that I ended up running from the top end near Braunstone to get to the game. Made it with minutes to spare but was all completely worth it when Kasper saved that penalty! I also thought that night that we'd make promotion, just seemed like we had luck on our side! 

I was lucky regarding Boro at home. I was at college which got shut at lunchtime. Regardless of that though I had made plans with my mate that he'd pick me up at 3pm even if it meant missing school, going to his in Loughborough then catching the train in. We knew nothing about the forecast at the time of making the plans we just wanted a drinking session.

The worst bit wasme and him trying to get out of Coalville at 3pm it was gridlocked. Ended up going up the m1 a junction something you'd never usually do. Getting off the train in Leicester you knew it could be touch and go. Only one other mate made it that night, coming home from work in Market Harbro.

Not one of our mates who'd finished work at a normal time and lived it Coalville made it to the game. It was bloody worth it though.

Another one was Bolton at home a couple of months ago. I was working away down Reading that week. I'd already drove there the Monday morning and back the Monday night dropping off all our stuff. The plan was for Tuesday til Friday for me and the other bloke to go down in one van Tuesday morning and come back Friday evening. That was until I told the gaffer I wanted to see leicester play the Tuesday night. So I had to take a seperate van to the other bloke, drive there Tuesday morning at 4am, do a days work and then come home about 2pm. Obviously then on the Wednesday I had to drive back down to reading at 4am again! Mind you, when Dyer got the second goal that night and I'd dragged my dad into l block with me it made it so worthwhile.

It was quite funny though, the same lad who made it Boro on the way home from market Harbro refused to bother with the Bolton game as he was so furious as to how our season had collapsed.

I'd say that if I'm in the country I will not miss a home league game. Theres always ways round things stopping you from going. In fact, as yet I've never booked a holiday abroad whilst the season is on purely because I can't stand missing a game!

Boro at home in the snow was brilliant. Every fan vocally made themselves proud that night.

Plymouth away when I drove there and back to see a 0-0 was bad

That was my favourite home game from last season.

I'm a season ticket holder but I'm at uni in Lincoln so currently taking the train to and from Leicester for every home game. Make my fair share of aways too.

This is the same as me, I'm at uni in Worcester, but couldn't face giving up my season ticket last season or this season. So, coming back on the train (which with a 45 min wait at New street, is a 2 hour journey) every other week. & then in the 2nd part of last year, missing a few Wednesday morning lectures, after coming home for a game on the Tuesday night. 

Luckily for the Boro game I was still on my Christmas holidays. So it wasn't as bad as it could have been. It was so worth the effort driving/walking in the snow just for that penalty save. I never knew 8k people could make such a noise!

Boro was good, listening to the radio hearing the boro coach and the match was delayed, I had the whole section to myself.

I'm still trying to get my head round why the game was played! If it wasn't for the bad weather we would have got 20,000. So you could say 12,000 fans we're unable to get which was quite alot. In some ways you could argue it was pretty selfish of the club to allow the game to continue, knowing that fans could be stuck in traffic for hours in the biggest snow fall for years.

Does hugging and kissing a complete stranger on the forehead after walshys winner at Wembley against Derby Count ?

I did that too.

How tall are you and what colour is your hair?

:unsure:

Guest bss9401

My best was while living in the Channel Islands. I worked a night shift then got a plane to Gatwick, took a transfer coach to Leicester then met mates who drove me to Sunderland for the League Cup semi final in 1999. I had not been to the Stadium of Light before then and given the event could not miss it.

I had my driving test the day after the Cardiff away play off semi final, got home at 3am, my test was at 9! Passed it with 3 minors too!

fair play on that one. luckily a mate drove, I was still drinking on the way home. back at 230am and work at 7am. everyone wanting to know what it was like at work the next day. I couldn't speak n truth be told I'm still not really over that yet I am the Watford thing.

I'm still trying to get my head round why the game was played! If it wasn't for the bad weather we would have got 20,000. So you could say 12,000 fans we're unable to get which was quite alot. In some ways you could argue it was pretty selfish of the club to allow the game to continue, knowing that fans could be stuck in traffic for hours in the biggest snow fall for years.

SKY

I was a student in London when we were drawn against Millwall in the FA Cup in 1985. Travelled by tube/British Rail. First Leicester fan in the away end. We should have won the game -missed loads of chances - but lost 2-0. When the game ended I thought that the Millwall hooligans would be content and make their way home. Instead they invaded the pitch and tried to jump into our end. The next game they played in the FA Cup was the infamous one against Luton when their fans wrecked the ground.

Had two doses of the injections you have before having a tooth pulled before the day before Millwall away one year.

I felt as rough as fvck traveling down, during the game and could barely stand up all day, especially in the car park we were locked in after the game.

Sit day out.

Guest seanfox778

The Huddersfield FA Cup replay, I left Saudi Arabia at 10am got into Heathrow at 4ish had to get 30 min tube to my sisters flat to drop my luggage off, realised when I got near the tube station that I wouldn't make it to the game if I walked from the tube station to the flat. Had to get a tube back to central London. Paid silly money to get a return train to Leicester with my luggage, dropped my bags at my cousins house in Leicester made the game with 3 mins to spare, absolutely knackered and you all know what happened with the result haha.

Archived