Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

The things you do for Leicester!

A thread about going to either a home match or away match where you've a bad travel experience getting to the ground, like last year for example with the big snowfall just before the Middlesbrough game, or other stuff like breaking down on your to watch the foxes at Scunthorpe? or having to walk miles and miles to the ground? share them in this thread.

The Middlesborough game! Left at 13:00 and ended up parking almost 2 miles from the ground at 18:40 having driven through some very poor driving conditions and pure gridlock in Leicester. I can't explain the delight when Kasper saved that penalty. I really thought that would be a season defining moment to look back on at the end of the season when we made the top two. :(

The Middlesborough game! Left at 13:00 and ended up parking almost 2 miles from the ground at 18:40 having driven through some very poor driving conditions and pure gridlock in Leicester. I can't explain the delight when Kasper saved that penalty. I really thought that would be a season defining moment to look back on at the end of the season when we made the top two. :(

legend - top supporter:-)

i was one of the 8k who made the boro game. took 1 1/2hrs to get 8 miles. but still got a ruby and 3pints in.

i got up at 4 am to go carlise away on the train. i got home at 1am the following morning have not got back to leicester until. 11.20 thanks to british rail(yes im aware)

but the best of the lot is when we played orient the same season my mate gave his missus an envelope to post and an envelope with 4 match tickets in. yes you guessed it our tickets ended up in a post box in goscote.

caused us to miss our train.

but the site of 3 grown men trying to fish letters out a post box whilst the other is on the phone to royal mail trying to get HRH box open so to speak is priceless.

had a great day as actually making the game was brilliant.

Waking back from Fratton Park to Fratton Tube station in a long line of City fans, flanked by the Cops. Little Pompey scum scurrying around us like rats, trying to break the Police chain. I can't for the life of me think of the year but I think it was after the game we beat them in the pissing down rain where the pitch came to resemble a swimming pool.

Also, trips to the old Den. That was a grim ol place.

I seem to remember a few seasons ago, i think it was 2010-11 season where Leicester were away at Ipswich, yes the match that should have been called off! I didn't go but i remember Mr Stringer telling people to get in contact with the fans at the game to tell them to leave early. Did anyone go to that one?

I seem to remember a few seasons ago, i think it was 2010-11 season where Leicester were away at Ipswich, yes the match that should have been called off! I didn't go but i remember Mr Stringer telling people to get in contact with the fans at the game to tell them to leave early. Did anyone go to that one?

Went to that one, I believe it was the last game before Xmas that season? Drove me and 3 friends down there, left the pub as it started snowing, by half time as the match was so shit decided to leave for our own sake. Took 5 hours I think to get home. Unbelievable amount of snow fall in 45 minutes. And best of all we lost 3-0!

The complete coach journey to Madrid and back for me was torturous, (66hr round trip I think) only highlights being the atmosphere in the bar on the ferry journey and whilst stopping at a service station in France on the way home finding a hotel room open that had just been cleaned by a maid and all sneaking in to use the shower! taking it in turns to keep look out so we didn't get caught

Does hugging and kissing a complete stranger on the forehead after walshys winner at Wembley against Derby Count ?

I think that was me!

How about living in SE London and successfully bringing up 3 kids to be top mad city fans! Countless day trips for home games and losing most of the local matches :-/ But wouldn't change it for the world.

Tell your work/ school/ uni colleagues that you support them.

Especially if you've never lived north of London.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, I went to a school near Stoke, so you can imagine how unbearable it got around the May 2008 mark!

I'm a season ticket holder but I'm at uni in Lincoln so currently taking the train to and from Leicester for every home game. Make my fair share of aways too.

All of that apart from change Lincoln to Newcastle! Definitely more effort than it's worth!

a whole week. did you catch a steam train? lol

No mate, nature of the job means it's difficult for them to sort the labour if you have an odd day or two.

Archived