Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Changes to foxes travel?

I think it's about time foxes travel extended there pick up points, as at times the club forgets there are leicester fans outside of the city. Mainly the whole point people go by coach is either, they haven't got a car, or don't feeling driving. But fans from outside of the city are still expected to travel to leicester.

Anyone agree?

Or even Derby area. I am going to Middlesbrough by myself in the car as the train is too expensive. To far to go to Leicester to catch the bus.

so middleaborough is fine?

but **** driving down the a6 a50 or m1 cuz it's to far??

I think it's about time foxes travel extended there pick up points, as at times the club forgets there are leicester fans outside of the city. Mainly the whole point people go by coach is either, they haven't got a car, or don't feeling driving. But fans from outside of the city are still expected to travel to leicester.

Anyone agree?

Think yourself lucky anyway. You're on the cheapest route to any London away game

The club will recognize there are people living outside the County, I am one of them. I've used foxtravel once in 11 years as a STH. It doesn't really benefit me to travel all the way down to Leicester, to come back up again, and I think most people will feel the same way.

I don't think we can blame the club for this. Pick up points is a good idea (I know Manchester United have them), but then where does it stop? People will always be wanting it to come straight to them.

I know there is supporters club coaches like sometimes i use the The Hinckley Branch coach that picks up from Nuneaton, though i'm having huge problems contact them at the moment. Is it Angela Buswell? who runs it. Been trying to call her all week but there's no reply on the phone.

But anyway trouble with supporters club coaches is, they get full up very quickly. 

I'm surprised Foxes Travel haven't do anything about it really, because they'd make a few bob on it. Myself i don't mind paying that extra five quid to be picked up from Nuneaton. 

they run buses to home games. surely they could pick up from main areas around the county. eg. melton, syston, thurmaston on the way into to the ground.

same with loughborough, birstall etc. pick main routes into town a pick one pick up point at each.

'I'm a lazy bastard and can't be arsed to get to the stadium for away games. Could you pick me up right outside my house?'

Thanks.'

What happens when we're going in the opposite direction to Nuneaton? Do you suggest the bus detour to Nuneaton and then we go back up to Leicester and up north to Middlesbrough?

Where do you stop? Nuneaton? Market Harborough, Melton Mowbray? What about if only one person wants to go from Nuneaton? We'll have to haul ass down there to pick one person up before travelling back up north.

It's totally unworkable and would in all likelihood ass a couple of quid onto the cost for everyone with fuel and driver pay etc. I'd say don't waste your time sending an e-mail they've probably received many times before.

'I'm a lazy bastard and can't be arsed to get to the stadium for away games. Could you pick me up right outside my house?'

Thanks.'

What happens when we're going in the opposite direction to Nuneaton? Do you suggest the bus detour to Nuneaton and then we go back up to Leicester and up north to Middlesbrough?

Where do you stop? Nuneaton? Market Harborough, Melton Mowbray? What about if only one person wants to go from Nuneaton? We'll have to haul ass down there to pick one person up before travelling back up north.

It's totally unworkable and would in all likelihood ass a couple of quid onto the cost for everyone with fuel and driver pay etc. I'd say don't waste your time sending an e-mail they've probably received many times before.

No the bus could start from Nuneaton, but there would separate buses for some pick ups. Nuneaton & Hinckley could share a bus, Barwell, Earl Shilton & Coalville. thats another one. Melton Mowbray & Loughborough. and so on.

• 3 weeks later...

Those places already do buses...

I thought Nuneaton already did one?

They do the supporters club, but for some away midweek games they don't run a coach. But anyway at the end of the day the club should do a bit more for fans outside of the city.

Archived